Ship Droid.

DarthMintCake

I am going to be no help here...BUT....I heard in BETA they could use Blasters but it was removed....and so now we just have a SEX CRAVED, *****, IMPROPER Droid to watch our ship when we are away....He is creepy!!!!

I keep thinking of the Droid from Heavy Metal....

Doubtful. But it's useful as a crafting assistant when you've got your other companion out, and is useful in a pinch for healing purposes.

If you outfit him with all of the parts and a generator, he's a tough little compadre and can make the difference if you can't find a healer.

From what I hear, someone at the Guild Summit did say that he's getting a "mute" option to shut up the chatter.

He tells you right off that he's not combat capable... which confuses me as to why they programmed him to run up and punch enemies. Not that he does any damage at ALL, it's just shadowboxing, but they really should make him just stand there and heal. The whole fake 'punching' thing makes it seem like he will actually fight.

They could make special, ship-droid-only hand-held items that aren't weapons but add stats, I suppose?