Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Competition from Disney

-KeggER-
12.17.2013 , 11:49 AM | #1
I love Star Wars genre space combat. Maybe my expectations of the GSF are too high. I played SWG for the JTL, and was really bummed to see it go away. Instead of shooting down all these suggestions by pilot enthusiasts like myself, take what suggestions they do have and make this game better. I'd hate to see the que times even longer due to people not playing it anymore. Looks like Disney is working on something big, that's free to play.... http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com
Keggr - Pot5 [Def Squad] Imperial GSF Pilot / BH

PEW PEW to KILL

JediRickwood
12.17.2013 , 12:12 PM | #2
I loved Jump to Lightspeed, I also was an ACE (which I soloed, talk about a fight) . It was a great addition, though it only lives in the memories of those that played now. The new Starfighter for Swtor, is groovy. Its certainly a challenge to maneuver those fighters in close quarters. I'm sure they will continue to improve the current game. We just need to keep at it. Full release is not till February sometime when they allow the Free to Play folks to join in the action.

The Star Wars Attack Squadrons looks great. I doubt it will have the same flow and customization that Jump to Lightspeed had. Its a Star Wars space combat game. X-wings, TIE's and awesomeness. Ill be there.

May the Force be with us, always.

MacFelly
12.17.2013 , 12:49 PM | #3
I was also a JTL junkie but quit few months after the "upgrade" that turned it into a wow clone. To be honest I'm not digging the Starfighter as much as JTL. I was much better with a joystick than trying to fly with a mouse.

I was also on wanderhome were you a part of the pilots association?

ObiWanJabroni
12.17.2013 , 01:15 PM | #4
All of these will pale in comparison to the new Battlefront.
Maryann'Cotton-55 Sniper | Cotton-eyed'Joe-55 Gunslinger

Tarder'Sauce-55 Juggernaut | Andurin-55 Guardian

Knorwig-55 Sage | Pootie'Tang -43 Sorceror

Voltare- 55 Commando | Johnny'Chimpo-35 Mercenary

Anarchos- 55 Assassin | Dante- 55 Operative

Eripio- 55 Powertech | Magudir- 55 Sentinel

-KeggER-
12.17.2013 , 01:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MacFelly View Post
I was also a JTL junkie but quit few months after the "upgrade" that turned it into a wow clone. To be honest I'm not digging the Starfighter as much as JTL. I was much better with a joystick than trying to fly with a mouse.

I was also on wanderhome were you a part of the pilots association?
Not part of the pilots association. I had the imperial pilot guild -IP-

PEW PEW to KILL

Hitomo_x
12.17.2013 , 01:43 PM | #6
yeah, exactly the kind of cheap crap you would expect from the new owner of the IP
this seems to be developed for Iphone judging by the graphics ...

TUXs
12.17.2013 , 02:09 PM | #7
Yeah...doesn't quite look the same tbh. May be a fun flash game for kids, but hardly competition to this.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

-KeggER-
12.17.2013 , 02:11 PM | #8
Where are you guys seeing screenshots of actual gameplay?

PEW PEW to KILL

Redshirtricky
12.17.2013 , 02:14 PM | #9
You had me at "pink proton torpedoes"

That automatically makes this the better game.

TUXs
12.17.2013 , 02:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by -KeggER- View Post
Where are you guys seeing screenshots of actual gameplay?
Link courtesy of Dulfy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN0D8TU_TVE
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)