Smash Jugger PVP Question

DionPhaneuf

Does anyone have a good reference as to optimizing your burst dmg when running rage spec?

I am currently in Full WH gear with my main stats being 1759 str, 727 power, 1321 expertise

i currently have a mix of str/power augments and wonder if i should go all out str vs all out power (i am focusing

on increasing burst dmg).

As well i think my expertise is a little high and was gonna sub 50 expertise for roughly a 30 str and 20 endurance increase.

Does anyone have a good reference as to optimizing your burst dmg when running rage spec?

I am currently in Full WH gear with my main stats being 1759 str, 727 power, 1321 expertise

i currently have a mix of str/power augments and wonder if i should go all out str vs all out power (i am focusing

on increasing burst dmg).

As well i think my expertise is a little high and was gonna sub 50 expertise for roughly a 30 str and 20 endurance increase.

If you have full war hero set, first of all grats! It takes a lil'while to get that.

What I'd suggest is saving yer comms for the wh vindicator sabre(2000rwz comms), and then removing the mods/enhancements from sabre. Remove all mods/enhancements from existing gear(keep the old ones), and replace with the new power/surge sabre ones. Keep doing this until all crit/accuracy existing mods are replaced.

Best way to get more power is to replace expertise crystals with power ones.

If you have full war hero set, first of all grats! It takes a lil'while to get that.

What I'd suggest is saving yer comms for the wh vindicator sabre(2000rwz comms), and then removing the mods/enhancements from sabre. Remove all mods/enhancements from existing gear(keep the old ones), and replace with the new power/surge sabre ones. Keep doing this until all crit/accuracy existing mods are replaced.

Best way to get more power is to replace expertise crystals with power ones.

I have already done that.. a couple times, and with the offhand.

There is seriously nothing for me to spend comms on anymore

which is why i think i could do more dmg if i swapped expertise for str.

but i dunno if i wanna swap str for power either

You could swap one of your body armor "Armoring" for a crafted 27. You get to keep your set bonus and gain +Strength. Maybe do the same with orange Belt and Bracer too, if you're feeling froggy.

I realize that i could do this, and was planning on it, but questioning the loss in expertise for strength..

and/or str for power

Actually expertise is king so you shouldnt lower it, instead you should buy some force-mystic gloves (sorc or sin not really sure) and get some 41+ power enhancements (53 surge) ..Rage juggs need high expertise for the extra dmg reduction it provides.. im sitting at 1390 myself and I'll crit for a minimum of 6.2 k on full wh targets. In normal wz my biggest hit is usally over 7 k .. I have tried using 26 armoring but in my opinion the gain in str and endurance aint worth the loss of exp..

• 1 month later...

Ok, here is what I have learned about being a Jugg.

Core stats for great dmg:

2000 str unbuffed

1000 pwr unbuffed

(Str adds to crit, so you can remove crit mods/ench (some, not all) and dump power in there.

The question I now have is, how much of a damage % bonus is expertise per point, plus it's based off your core damage, so sacrificing your core damage to boost your damage by a % by point is something you need to balance and calculate.

Str has no depreciating value

Neither does power

Str is .22 (roughly) dmg per point

Pwr is .23 dmg per point

Str adds to crit %, on a different curve than crit chance.

So, you need to find the balance that maximizes base damage, then tacks on a heap of bonus damage. 1300 + expt does seem pretty high, how much core damage do you lose by having it that high and how much damage could you have if you reduced it to say, 1100 and pumped your core stats?