Again with the republic pvp.

LordCaramun

Looking to build a team or a few. Sign here if interested. Keep posted

the people who will "sign here" will not be good enough to beat ANY team in 4v4 and will probably not even be all that overpowering in a premade reg. you cant form a competent team in this game at this point. you can only join one. you and others wishing to play at high levels should become tryhards, step your game up, and get a tryout with breakfast...even synergy if you dont care about ranked 4s and only care about playing with competent players. core, or whatever midians pub guild is called these days is another competent team if you can fake an aussie accent. even akatsuki has some good players though i dont know if they do any 4s. there might be others, i dunno...

joining any of these guilds will give you a group of pubs to play with that you can farm with in regs and compete in 4s and so on and so on...but trying to pug a competent group of pubs and form a new guild is just gonna be a guild filled with all the people and reasons of why pubs struggle so bad in regs currently on this server. get good and try to get into breakfast.

the people who will "sign here" will not be good enough to beat ANY team in 4v4 and will probably not even be all that overpowering in a premade reg. you cant form a competent team in this game at this point. you can only join one. you and others wishing to play at high levels should become tryhards, step your game up, and get a tryout with breakfast...even synergy if you dont care about ranked 4s and only care about playing with competent players. core, or whatever midians pub guild is called these days is another competent team if you can fake an aussie accent. even akatsuki has some good players though i dont know if they do any 4s. there might be others, i dunno...

joining any of these guilds will give you a group of pubs to play with that you can farm with in regs and compete in 4s and so on and so on...but trying to pug a competent group of pubs and form a new guild is just gonna be a guild filled with all the people and reasons of why pubs struggle so bad in regs currently on this server. get good and try to get into breakfast.

sad as it is its probably true. if ur not currently competing in 4s competitively you probably never will be unless you can join a team to carry you.

Yeah I thought about it. But I'll have to see if armada is gonna try to get a team going first.

I've said it before, Breakfast is willing to take people and play with you to see if you like ranked and to see if you're decent.

Just a few nights ago we took 3 people who were basically totally randoms to rateds during kickballs, and had a ton of fun. Were the players amazing? They weren't but having DPS that don't do very much is fine and more importantly... Its fun! We met new players and had fun, and that is what the game should be about by this point in time. Try harding is fine when aldoraz, rollie, blanket and myself log on and play on the same team. By all accounts, form up your a-team then, but if its anything less just play alts/new people. Its more fun.

EDIT:

If you're imperial side looking for a good sniper, hit up Lifts. He's really solid, one of the very few I've found in regs to actually be on a similar level to sniper's I'd consider rated quality. Maybe not as good as teacher or fatnerd, but then again, no one really ever was as good as them at sniper lol.

I've said it before, Breakfast is willing to take people and play with you to see if you like ranked and to see if you're decent.

Just a few nights ago we took 3 people who were basically totally randoms to rateds during kickballs, and had a ton of fun. Were the players amazing? They weren't but having DPS that don't do very much is fine and more importantly... Its fun! We met new players and had fun, and that is what the game should be about by this point in time. Try harding is fine when aldoraz, rollie, blanket and myself log on and play on the same team. By all accounts, form up your a-team then, but if its anything less just play alts/new people. Its more fun.

EDIT:

If you're imperial side looking for a good sniper, hit up Lifts. He's really solid, one of the very few I've found in regs to actually be on a similar level to sniper's I'd consider rated quality. Maybe not as good as teacher or fatnerd, but then again, no one really ever was as good as them at sniper lol.

If be willing to try out for y'all. I'm just looking to get my pub in on some ranked.

EDIT:

Damn. You make me feel like a raging noob.

We are definitely happy to run alt comps too against teams with no experience and we actually never **** talk people in rated when we play. Actually respect people being Queued. Just ask us and don't **** talk "That is O.P thats why you win".....that puts everyone in a bad mood when people start saying stupid stuff. Just form a friendly atmosphere and people will respect you and you will be part of the ranked community.

P.S is lifts your alt bro?

Edited by Kooziejr

Damn. You make me feel like a raging noob.

We are definitely happy to run alt comps too against teams with no experience and we actually never **** talk people in rated when we play. Actually respect people being Queued. Just ask us and don't **** talk "That is O.P thats why you win".....that puts everyone in a bad mood when people start saying stupid stuff. Just form a friendly atmosphere and people will respect you and you will be part of the ranked community.

P.S is lifts your alt bro?

Oh sorry i actually wasn't addressing that last comment at you and midian hahaha. It was in general to the server as a whole.

P.S. no idea who lifts is, knightly and I randomly found him in few regs in a row.

Edited by Abbrachmann

Oh sorry i actually wasn't addressing that last comment at you and midian hahaha. It was in general to the server as a whole.

P.S. no idea who lifts is, knightly and I randomly found him in few regs in a row.

Yeah i know. I accidently quoted ur thing. My thing was aimed at the server too :p

If anything I think our try hard teams are pretty evenly matched for the most part :p

Best way to get amongst ranked PvP is to pester the "ranked guilds" when they try to setup kickball. The onus on the pestering will always be on you though, since the "ranked players" on this server tend to all know and communicate with each other already. Basically though;

1. Participate in kickball

2. Have a good attitude throughout and take some friendly advice (if advice is even given?)

3. Get better known as a result

4. Get invited to play trihard ranked

5. ???

6. Become a rankstar

I've played with 2 dudes in the last 2 days who I'd never played any ranked with/against before, and they did fine in kickball and had good attitudes throughout. As a result, if I'm short on players for kickball in the future, I'll probably hit them up to see if they want to play. And as they keep participating and improving over time, I might end up grabbing them for more serious ranked too.

- Proxiez / Wæwæ

Edited by ambitiousapple

Honestly, rep and imp pvp isn't all that different. The difference lies in the number of premades running on each fleet, which is consistent with the populations of each faction.

Reps simply lose due to population skew. If 2-3 guilds rolled pub instead, you'd see much more dynamic pvp and much more effort being put in by those better guilds.

SPC and GOML rerolling pub could make the last few months of this game pretty fun.

Can we stop this, please. When you fight an empire be it in Star Wars or in real life, you are by destiny, going to go up against all odds!

Imperial players, please DO NOT FEEL BAD. Do your absolute WORST!!!. WE HATE YOUR GUTS!!!!

That's why I play this game as Republic. I want to feel like an underdog. And yes, i do get slaughtered in warzones. But I don't do so bad in GSF. Even though the imperials still have the better pilots (even though they fly as republic as well). It's ok. I know why they're good.

So to every pub doing bad in PVP, PLEASE stop being so negative. Start a PVP guild, and recruit others who feel like you feel. Every morning the Republic gets hammered up in warzones. Recruit those people. Have meetings just like Guilds do, and study your weak points and strong points. Use Mumble, just like the best PVP's on Bastion do. The better players seek each other out. No one is going to do the work for you, so stop complaining as if that is going to inspire anybody - and start BUILDING.

I have seen endless posts, saying exactly this. So please, I beg you stop being negative. The Bastion forums here are depressing. And

!!! Edited by HiddenPalm

Looking to build a team or a few. Sign here if interested. Keep posted

Apologies! Please excuse my previous post. I didn't read the OP, and only read the recent posts. I assumed this was another complaint post about republic players being losers. But its exactly what we're supposed to be doing, building. More power to you. Im no good to you at the moment, but in a week or two, I'll be. Im good at GSF not warzones. But will be. I'll come back soon and join up. If you want to have a Republic only GSF branch in your guild. I'm good for that already. I have a toon with a fully mastered starfighter but he belongs to another guild. Im currently working on another toon who will also have a fully mastered starfighter soon, which is ready to join, if you need a GSF branch, in your PVP guild.

I hope this is a republic only guild that is forming. I think it is humiliating that some of the better imperial players feel so bad, that they end up playing republic. No need, new guilds are forming.

Edited by HiddenPalm

• 4 months later...
Best way to get amongst ranked PvP is to pester the "ranked guilds" when they try to setup kickball. The onus on the pestering will always be on you though, since the "ranked players" on this server tend to all know and communicate with each other already. Basically though;

1. Participate in kickball

2. Have a good attitude throughout and take some friendly advice (if advice is even given?)

3. Get better known as a result

4. Get invited to play trihard ranked

5. ???

6. Become a rankstar

I've played with 2 dudes in the last 2 days who I'd never played any ranked with/against before, and they did fine in kickball and had good attitudes throughout. As a result, if I'm short on players for kickball in the future, I'll probably hit them up to see if they want to play. And as they keep participating and improving over time, I might end up grabbing them for more serious ranked too.

- Proxiez / Wæwæ

boom. ranked problem solved.