New Augments

ChrisSchmidt

If you're going to do this, you're going to piss a whole lot of people off. Why not bring it down to HM (Veteran) operations, MM flashpoints and MM ...what are those short, action packed, flashpoint like things (maybe it would get people playing them again). EA/Bioware, you need to see some sense here. I would love to do those augs, but i won't pvp. It's a toxic community. I will do MM flashpoints and HM raids. People are generally very picky about who they bring to MM ops. So it's not just about not wanting to do them, it's about not getting the opportunity. There's a core group of people who do that content in our guild, and that list does not expand to include those who would like a shot at it. I know that's how it is many places. So you're outright gating people from the content where you can get the mats... and with those mats, I could do that content. But I can't get the mats.

TL/DR this is REALLY ridiculous. Don't go here, open this mat drops to more of the content.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi friends,

With Game Update 6.1.4 we are introducing a new tier of augments to the game, with materials added to our prestige game modes.

For a little background, we try to strike a balance between the right time to introduce new power to chase into the game and respecting your time invested in getting to the current maximum level of gear. We also want to refresh interest in our prestige modes by adding a very clear incentive while we work on the next batch of new content.

We have a few goals here. First, in PvE, it has been several months since Dxun Master Mode released. Top-end guilds have cleared the content and achieved the timed run achievements. Guilds still progressing in Dxun could use a slight boost to help get over the hill of that next boss, and a slight power bump should help. We don’t want progression to stagnate, and we would also like to make it worth people’s time to farm older Master Modes in order to gear up the next batch of recruits for the most current content.

In PvP, we want to continue to foster more high quality matches in Ranked, especially Group Ranked. So far this year we’ve boosted rewards to that end, but haven’t seen as much movement there as we would like. So, in addition to boosting conquest rewards for Ranked (as indicated in David’s post), we are introducing an additional exclusive reward which is required to build the new augments.

To be clear, these augments will require BOTH the PvE material (only available in Master Mode Operations) AND the PvP material (only available in Ranked) to craft. We acknowledge that many players prefer one mode over the other, however we have a robust trading economy that rewards those who make these scarce materials available either via the Galactic Trade Network or simply trade chat.

Basics

The new Augments will require materials from Master Mode Operations, Ranked PvP Missions and Boxes, and the Cybertech Crew Skill to assemble the new materials. They will be Item Level 300, and named “Superior _____ Augment 77”, depending on the augment. Crafting is split between Armormech, Synthweaving, and Armstech (like existing augments), and those schematics will be available from the Crew Skill Trainer for 35,000 credits.

Details

• Master Mode bosses will drop a new material: OEM-37
    • Most bosses drop 1 in 8-person, 2 in 16-person
    • Final bosses drop 3 in 8-person and 6 in 16-person
    • Dxun bosses will drop 2 in 8-person and 4 in 16-person
    • Apex Vanguard in Dxun will drop 6 in 8-person and 12 in 16-person

[*]Ranked PvP Missions and Boxes will drop a new material: RPM -13

• 50% chance in weekly group ranked box
      • 5 on Weekly Group Ranked Quest

[*]10% chance in daily group ranked box

• 1 on Daily Group Ranked Quest

[*]25% chance in weekly solo ranked box

• 0 in Weekly Solo Ranked Quest

[*]5% chance in daily solo ranked box

• 0 in Daily Solo Ranked Quest

[*]Cybertechs will craft a new material: CM-1337

• This schematic can be purchased from the Crew Skill Trainer for 15,140 credits

[*]The 300 Augments ingredients are:

• 5 Artifact Combo Materials
    • 3 Artifact Secondary Combo Materials
    • 5 Solid Resource Matrix
    • 1 CM-1337
    • 5 Processed Isotope Stabilizer

[*]CM-1337 ingredients are:

• 15 OEM-37
    • 25 RPM-13
    • 5 Legendary Embers

These will be available in the upcoming PTS to try out, so don’t hesitate to pop in and let us know what you think!

-Chris

This is basically telling people who play your way, we don't care about you. I hate PVP because you can't get rid of the cheaters. I don't raid so basically once I finish Onslaught there is no reason for me to play. As a subscriber since 2012 I find this unfair. Raiders are gonna raid that's what they love, pvps are going to do that. But the rest of us who play for fun and story have been seriously ignored. Choices don't matter, not in any real sense, you made crafting not only unprofitable but expensive. If you don't start supporting the "play your way" solo players you are going to end up with nothing but raiders and pvpers who are NEVER satisfied.

Agree 100%

I have no idea why the argument over activities that drop the soon to be new augment mats is here, not in the other thread with the same argument, or the new augment thread itself, but just because i want to make the same argument in one of the places its taking place and this is the most appropriate:

Since the changes to cq and before they nerf it again, I don't even know how you avoid doing cq. Last time I logged in, I did one cz and boom toon at cq cap.

Secondly, obviously the current tier crafting mats are wildly more accessible than "NiM or granked only". I think that is obvious, because Mr Schmidt quite literally stated:

[/color]

So I think, frankly, these items are in fact more restricted than the current tier; furthermore, that increased restriction is by design.

Now we can split all the peas we want over whether this is good or bad. Obviously these things are going to be very minor. That is why, when i mentioned regs PvP in the other thread, I said "hypothetical advantage". BW refuses to admit that either something has a statistically significant difference in, say dps, or there's absolutely zero point releasing it at all. That is the very definition of optimization, as anyone who's taken calc 1 should know. (I think optimization problems were calc 1? Its been a while).

Which leads me back to my true protest against these things: its obvious that its going to be a while before we get any new content (otherwise why would Mr Schmidt have mentioned it?). If I extrapolate or read between the lines a bit, perhaps also people playing say NiM Dxun and granked are diminishing. Thus they are using these as an attempt to get more people to do those 2 specific things. (I would point out also, that for literally any other, even NiM, Op these things are even less useful because of the idiotic BW method of recycling old content without raising it to 75).

So, to my mind the only areas that stand to notice an even hypothetical impact are: Dxun (all modes), the new FP (all modes), and PvP (all modes). Literally everything else is downscaled.

So we're back to my true point, and what has been my point for literal years: GEAR IS NOT A TRUE SUBSTITUTE FOR CONTENT i have literally gotten so bored with gear grinding I went and found other games. That, in conjunction with BWs continued poor decision making, means that unless something dramatically changes i will stop paying BW when my current sub ends. And Mr Schmidt, Mr Kanneg, and whoever else at BW may read "feedback", I have utterly lost faith in your organization. I did not buy anthem; as a long time fan of mass effect, I will likely reconsider my potential purchase of a remastered ME trilogy; and frankly, even if you made a KOTOR 3, my experience here has deeply routed my excitement for the franchise. I have serious doubts BW could pull off a successful follow up to the series that brought me into PC gaming when I was younger. Please prove me wrong.

I was here for the long game, one of a select few who was happy with what we got as a KOTOR 3-10. And you have slowly, beaten away every reason I had for playing your game I was once so happy enjoying.

This is basically telling people who play your way, we don't care about you. I hate PVP because you can't get rid of the cheaters. I don't raid so basically once I finish Onslaught there is no reason for me to play. As a subscriber since 2012 I find this unfair. Raiders are gonna raid that's what they love, pvps are going to do that. But the rest of us who play for fun and story have been seriously ignored. Choices don't matter, not in any real sense, you made crafting not only unprofitable but expensive. If you don't start supporting the "play your way" solo players you are going to end up with nothing but raiders and pvpers who are NEVER satisfied.

The irony is that they managed to tick the NiM raiders and ranked PvP'ers off as well. In the end nobody likes these augments, just for different reasons.

So you are saying buy the mats on the GTN at over inflated prices? Newer players wont be able to attain the mats in this manner that easily.

I don't think these augments are meant for newer players in either to use, or crafting. Much like how a 500 foot yacht aren't meant for 16 year olds getting their first paycheck from their first job.

Edited by jgaray

The irony is that they managed to tick the NiM raiders and ranked PvP'ers off as well. In the end nobody likes these augments, just for different reasons.

It's really an extraordinary achievement, if you think about it. I can't remember the last time they managed to aggravate absolutely everyone.

Not sure why everyone is getting all in a tissy by this. It's a temporary thing till next years 7.0 is released with a raise in level cap and all new gear and augments will be easily available that are even more powerful then these expensive new ones are.

if you look at it that way, everything in the game is temporary, so why bother playing? Next year could be any time up till dec 31st 2021, just because on the calendar next year is just shy of three months away, it doesn't mean these will only last till then, no one knows when 7.0 will drop, or what they'll even change. Just because if doesn't affect you, does not give you the right to dismiss genuine concerns from other people

Not that I can add much that hasn't been said already, but adding new augments this way seems kinda pointless. I'm not sure the game even needs new augments at this point, but you are basically making sure that people who can farm mats for these don't really need them in the first place (and you are unlikely to get top pve players to play ranked pvp even with this change, or top ranked players to hang around in master mode ops).

if you look at it that way, everything in the game is temporary, so why bother playing? Next year could be any time up till dec 31st 2021, just because on the calendar next year is just shy of three months away, it doesn't mean these will only last till then, no one knows when 7.0 will drop, or what they'll even change. Just because if doesn't affect you, does not give you the right to dismiss genuine concerns from other people

It does affect me and I'm not dismissing others concerns but I'm choosing to place my energies elsewhere then complaining about something as temporary as this. I'd much rather Bioware focused on fixing the thousands of bugs in the game. I'd much rather Bioware focused on QoL changes to the game. I'd much rather Bioware focus on adding new and challenging content to the game. Although, this probably falls under that category since it's gonna be quite the challenge for people to acquire; the steps and the material requirements they have laid out for you to obtain one of these little gems, is nearly unattainable. I predict only .01% of the population will actually get these and only those who have endless amounts of credit will be able to afford them off the gtn.

Bioware has done this before, ie: Onderon crystals for obtaining main and offhand weapons, but we all got by without em and then before you know it, Onslaught came out and all that was before was considered moot. Just like these new augments will be considered moot.

No matter how angry you get about this, it's gonna happen. Bioware is going forward with this no matter how much you stomp your feet. Bioware rarely listens to its customer base and does whatever they want. We are here to play as best as we can within their parameters.

Peace

Not sure why everyone is getting all in a tissy by this. It's a temporary thing till next years 7.0 is released with a raise in level cap and all new gear and augments will be easily available that are even more powerful then these expensive new ones are.

I can't speak for anyone but myself but here's my reasoning. I'm going to ignore this. Not going to go for these augments. However, BW consistently gets things wrong in my view so I'm telling them out of principle.

I'm ticked off because they're doing this because they could've spent their resources in better ways and for a larger amount of people. This is something for a very limited amount of people and it just makes no sense.

They consistently spend their resources on stuff people don't want. Like the new "social bar" we got. A total waste of resources in my view and it serves no purpose other than to advertise the CM apparently.

They make changes to conquest that people don't want and they add a new tier of augments for a niche group of people instead of making it for more people so they have something to work towards.

And I'm hell bent against making people do PvP and raids instead of PvP or raids. I will always be against that because it sucks to do it that way and I don't want BW to get the idea that they can just get away with this quietly. Not because I think it'll change their minds but it might awaken some concern on their side that it meets so much resistance. The last time they got this much resistance was the launch of 5.0 with Galactic Command and that cost them. Luckily this is not big enough to push a lot of people out cause you can just ignore this, but I do not want them to get the idea that this sort of thing is appreciated or welcome.

So when that point is made I'll just go on and ignore this part myself. It's not worth it in the balance of things. It just ticks me off that they waste resources on things like this.

Oh I kind of agree with you.

Remember the 4.0 companion nerf debacle? People unsubscribed over that. I tried to warn Bioware not to do it on these forums. They didn't listen. Remember the 5.0 galactic command debacle? People unsubscribed over that. Tons of folks here tried to warn Bioware not to go down that path.

I don't think anyone is gonna unsubscribe over these augments. So on that level I agree with you.

Now the conquest changes are a different story. But even there, I would not worry about people unsubscribing....

Except...

Except that Shadowlands is coming. And I think Bioware is screwing this up at the worst possible time.

I want this game to succeed. I still love this game. It has been so much fun lately to see so many players around, and to run into so many people with positive feelings about the game.

Just like it was in 4.0 before they nerfed the companions.

Now these augments? Not such a big deal by themselves. If this was the only thing Bioware was screwing up I wouldn't care. But there seems to be a pattern to their very recent poor decision-making, just like there was a pattern to their very wise decision-making only a few months ago.

Oh I kind of agree with you.

Remember the 4.0 companion nerf debacle? People unsubscribed over that. I tried to warn Bioware not to do it on these forums. They didn't listen. Remember the 5.0 galactic command debacle? People unsubscribed over that. Tons of folks here tried to warn Bioware not to go down that path.

I don't think anyone is gonna unsubscribe over these augments. So on that level I agree with you.

Now the conquest changes are a different story. But even there, I would not worry about people unsubscribing....

Except...

Except that Shadowlands is coming. And I think Bioware is screwing this up at the worst possible time.

I want this game to succeed. I still love this game. It has been so much fun lately to see so many players around, and to run into so many people with positive feelings about the game.

Just like it was in 4.0 before they nerfed the companions.

Now these augments? Not such a big deal by themselves. If this was the only thing Bioware was screwing up I wouldn't care. But there seems to be a pattern to their very recent poor decision-making, just like there was a pattern to their very wise decision-making only a few months ago.

Youre forgetting the 5.6 debacle: nerf on conquest and crafting. I know of at least 8 full guilds who left over it not including my own.

That's not Pay to win. If it was pay to win you could not get the items in game at all, they would be sold directly from the CM and you wouldn't be able get them any other way. The fact you could farm the mats yourself if your in a NiM group and do Ranked PvP yourself makes it 100% not pay to win.

Remember SWBF 2? Yeah, I can grind to get Vader in game, I can grind skill cards in game. Does that make it not pay to win? Paying directly through CM or converting credits to buy them is similar, we have to pay Bioware either ways.

Back to the point, the new augments don't add too much to the extent that it will break the balance and hence, leading to pay to win situation. However, they do give players having them an advantage over other players which punishing more and more players that cannot afford them or cannot grind them like some small fraction players can. Combining with the idea of limiting accessibility to get them is absurd that get people disappointed with this implementation.

This is horrible. PvP is horrible and none of the changes that need to be made have been made. Trying to push PvP on people who don't like PvP just because you won't fix it is the worst kind of situation. Plus, the GTN is already out of control with pricing and now you want to add a resources that 95% of the player base will not get through PvP. These will be so overpriced that it will be unreal. Horrible decision Bioware trying to push PvP on people. Guess I won't be getting the new augment.

SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Ayyyy

Does their decision to implement these new augs above fixing any of the longstanding bugs, glitches, issues or adding true QOL changes really surprise anyone?:rolleyes:

I keep saying no, but then they really dig down to the bottom of the barrel, and pull out a stinker

Edited by DarkTergon

This is a decision made by some executive to try and boost utilization numbers of under-played parts of the game. Instead of investing in new content that draws players in, we get a foolish scheme that failed WoW. Does anyone expect this to do anything but aggravate players here? I'm not going to jump through PvP hoops I have 0 interest in to get augments. I'll either make due without them, or play something else.

I see your point Devs. In the meantime i also think that you should adapt the chances of obtaining this 2 new materials to different play styles for a lot of reasons: first, there is people that dislikes PVP and prefer to play in PVE and viceversa. In my case, for example, i like PVP the most and i also have no time for engaging in PVE activities like a Master Mode Operation. Players have different gametime organization but i think that all should have the same chance of reaching the max tier of gear and augments, which is what i appreciated the most from 6.0 and that made the game "casual" for real, and fully fitting each player needs and play style.

I know that some1 can reply with "if you just like to play Vet and MM FP's you don't need to reach the max tier of gear at any cost, and still be effective for your group", but i think that is also more motivational and encouraging for some1 to play the game as he/she likes and go for the max tier of gear and augments.

I suggest at least to make both the new materials obtainable from PVE OR (not and) PVP.

I really don't like these new augments and the new fair / conquest effort, what is fair to you? that we pay every month for a game that makes us unhappy every time you make a new update? please give us content, don't make us farm like crazy to get some augments that probably won't work in 6 months because a new update or a new level cap appears. :(:mad::rak_mad::mad: