PUGs UNITE!!!

Briggs_Knightly

EA needs to LISTEN to us... or LOSE us.

I do not want to keep people who enjoy playing as a group from doing so. It is understandable that some people really like the social aspect of playing with the same people time after time after time. The whole ranked WZ platform is based on this. There needs to be an option for these guys to continue Qing for team based PVP.

However, There are many people, like me, who just want to jump in and PVP with random people. I enjoy the constantly varried groupings and the different strategies that must be deployed based on who you have.

EA has failed us miserably.

We have asked nicely long enough and it is now time to DEMAND an option for us to play this game the way we want to.

We pay just as much to play this game as the premade guys do and we no longer want to play this game at a DISADVANTAGE. The premade guys get on vent, mumble or some other communication form and get to coordinate better. THAT GIVES THEM AN ADVANTAGE. I do not want to hear any arguments that it doesn't give them one because you would just be silly. I also do NOT want to hear anyone say that I CAN do that as well. I do NOT want to play in a premade group.

I am not sure how many people have quit this game because they were tired of getting rolled by premade groups but it is more than EA wants to admitt. The thought that they would some day give us the option of playing the way we want is fading. We no longer BELIEVE that you LOSERS at EA who decide the future of this game care about us. More people will quit because of this ignorance by the developers. This will be a trickle over time and will continue to go unreported UNLESS we stand together.

The people who are still here obviously want to stay in this game but we NEED to be heard. My proposal is to set a date long enough in the future that EA has to time to incorporate a premade-free PVP option but not so far out that we lose determination. My date is "Independence Day". If EA does not give us what we want by July 4th... we should all cancel our accounts.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you could unite now.

By forming your own groups.

And getting into vent.

I'm just saying, why let BW control when you'll finally get to have fun. Take control of your game now.

I LOL'd... you caught the irony of this before I did.... well done sir.

EA needs to LISTEN to us... or LOSE us.

I do not want to keep people who enjoy playing as a group from doing so. It is understandable that some people really like the social aspect of playing with the same people time after time after time. The whole ranked WZ platform is based on this. There needs to be an option for these guys to continue Qing for team based PVP.

However, There are many people, like me, who just want to jump in and PVP with random people. I enjoy the constantly varried groupings and the different strategies that must be deployed based on who you have.

EA has failed us miserably.

We have asked nicely long enough and it is now time to DEMAND an option for us to play this game the way we want to.

We pay just as much to play this game as the premade guys do and we no longer want to play this game at a DISADVANTAGE. The premade guys get on vent, mumble or some other communication form and get to coordinate better. THAT GIVES THEM AN ADVANTAGE. I do not want to hear any arguments that it doesn't give them one because you would just be silly. I also do NOT want to hear anyone say that I CAN do that as well. I do NOT want to play in a premade group.

I am not sure how many people have quit this game because they were tired of getting rolled by premade groups but it is more than EA wants to admitt. The thought that they would some day give us the option of playing the way we want is fading. We no longer BELIEVE that you LOSERS at EA who decide the future of this game care about us. More people will quit because of this ignorance by the developers. This will be a trickle over time and will continue to go unreported UNLESS we stand together.

The people who are still here obviously want to stay in this game but we NEED to be heard. My proposal is to set a date long enough in the future that EA has to time to incorporate a premade-free PVP option but not so far out that we lose determination. My date is "Independence Day". If EA does not give us what we want by July 4th... we should all cancel our accounts.

You are just making excuses to claim that everytime you lose is because there is a premade on the other side and you team has 8 pugs. You probably have premade but not as good. It is not BW'S fault that your premade isnt as good. Dude you can't claim that all premades are good and just as much as I can not claim all pugs are bad!!! NOBODY CAN SAY THEY KNOW WHAT KIND OF TEAM THEY HAVE!!! IT IS LUCK OF THE DRAW.

Or you could unite now.

By forming your own groups.

And getting into vent.

I'm just saying, why let BW control when you'll finally get to have fun. Take control of your game now.

You are just silly. Can you not read...

I do not want to play IN a premade. I said so above.

I enjoy playing with and against different people all the time.

There were a whole lot of people like me.

Now there are fewer and soon will be none unless EA does something to keep us interested.

Edited by Briggs_Knightly

For starters, this game was already made so insanely simple so that players who aren't good or don't want to spend time practicing can still feel viable, so nou.

Additionally, you seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what ranked pvp is. Ranked PVP is a large, coordinated effort meant to increase the size of one's ePeen (requiring a high degree of skill, coordination, and an appropriate group composition). It is not the place where 3-4 random friends group up and try to have some fun and kill some time. Pugs that argue that groups should only be doing ranked display their close-mindedness and undercut their validity, so nou.

Lastly, you are complaining that people are making friends and using voice communication (which 99% of is us screwing around) because you stated that you do not want to put in the work required to do that. While I disagree with you on the fundamental level of "Voice chat is something that is fun, light hearted, and by no means a compulsory unpleasantness," your argument could be extended to question why players who have spent more time getting better than you should be allowed to queue against you. And if you're really going to complain about why people who are willing to do more should be allowed to benefit from their hard work...... nou.

TL;DR: If you maintain your current mindset and don't work to better yourself in any way, I suggest you cancel your account on July 4th because TOR has no need for people like you............. nou

Wouldn't it be better to ask for an ingame voip? At the end of the day the only advantage premades have over pugs is ease of communication, because the gear and skills are there even if they queue solo. I queue solo most of the time and i hate getting face rolled all the time... Still not a good reason to make premade queue...

What i would love to see is better matchings though... might as well give valor some practical use. Create brackets of valor and stick in people out of the bracket only if there are no other players available

Edited by Kawabonga

Is it me, or is it always the same group of people that come into these threads because their prey is threatened by what the OP posts? You can't tell me that these guys don't get some sort of sick satisfaction from playing up to 8 unorganized people and grinding them into the ground.

Is it me, or is it always the same group of people that come into these threads because their prey is threatened by what the OP posts? You can't tell me that these guys don't get some sort of sick satisfaction from playing up to 8 unorganized people and grinding them into the ground.

No... for many of us it's us being sick and tired of complaints coming from players that have the same tools to succeed as we do but aren't utilizing them. The game should not need to make changes simply because a large group of players decide not to take advantage of the tools available to all players.

If thousands of players didn't wear armor, would they have the right to ask for changes to the game and ask for armor to be eliminated completely because they CHOOSE not to wear it? Or would you tell them to quit nerfing themselves and put on some damn armor?

Like it's the games fault that some people CHOOSE not to group up.

I mean really... name me one online game where team work doesn't help success.

This is the first online game I've played where so many people stood behind the idea of "nerf team work".

It's a pretty ridiculous idea. That's exactly what makes online gaming great.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

You made me laugh... GJ.

I have muliple toons. Some are in guilds because I was asked to join them. I play in both PVP and PVE aspects of this game. I have Q'ed with guildies and it is not a terrible thing to do. BUT, there needs to be an option for people who just want to PUG and not be at a disadvantage.

I never said that I was not any good. In fact, It is the ignorance of those who made the assumption about me that is showing through. MANY people have posted here to ask EA for this option. I am not alone. What makes the premade peoples desire any more valid than mine???

I wonder if the OP and other "I hate pre-mades" sing the same tune after a premade carries the warzone and they get the higher rewards.

Yes, I play almost all the time with 1-3 of my guildies. Why? Because at least then I know the level of play of at least 1-3 people in the warzone. And most of the time, we win, but we also face opposing pre-mades that just stomp us into the dirt. We dust ourselves off and re-queue.

Just as those who prefer to solo queue pay their sub fees, so do we. I would give more credence to solo players if I saw them do more then play death match and actually give the appearance of caring about actually winning the game.

ETA: I will concede, however, that the occasion where I solo queue, and everyone is talking, working together and pulling off a win is indeed a beautiful thing to behold. Too bad it's rarer than a virgin in Vegas.

Edited by Jekan

Have you guys ever watched a College Football Senior All-star game? They generally are complete crap because there is 0 timing with the players because they haven't played with each other before. You guys really underestimate the advantage of playing with the same group night after night. Now what would really be entertaining is seeing one of these all-star games with 10 offensive lineman and 1 punter versus a team with the correct make up. There is your pug versus pre-made. And for the record I am part of a PvP guild, but I have the intellectual honesty to admit Pugs versus premades are not fair.

Have you guys ever watched a College Football Senior All-star game? They generally are complete crap because there is 0 timing with the players because they haven't played with each other before. You guys really underestimate the advantage of playing with the same group night after night. Now what would really be entertaining is seeing one of these all-star games with 10 offensive lineman and 1 punter versus a team with the correct make up. There is your pug versus pre-made. And for the record I am part of a PvP guild, but I have the intellectual honesty to admit Pugs versus premades are not fair.

What you say makes perfect sense, and I would be willing to give up pre-mades if and only if they fixed the matchmaking process, i.e. 2 healers get in, 1-2 tanks and the rest DPS. Make it so that's what happens, and then I'd be willing to roll PUG. But when you need to guarantee at least one healer in your warzone, guess what, you need to make a pre-made with a healer. It's anecdotal, but I'd have to say 70+% of the games I solo queue in have no healers on our team.

However, doing that would make the queue times inordinately long and then people would ***** about that.

Edited by Jekan

You guys really underestimate the advantage of playing with the same group night after night.

No we don't... we know how advantageous it is... I think anyone who isn't using the system as intended and playing without a pre-made is underestimating it.

BTW... our pre-mades are rarely made up of good composition and half of the time even though we're on team speak we really aren't talking about the game. It's more chit chat than anything when in regs.

THAT is how advantageous it is... most aren't nearly as organized nor are they communicating as much as you think. The mass amount of generally bad players makes it that easy for a group of 4 with any amount of skill. Most of the good guilds save that for rated and any PUG smashing done in regs is done with little effort most of the time. And even if we do lose... we don't care.

BTW, if you didn't notice... todays word of the day is "advantageous"

Edited by UGLYMRJ

If this thread is any indication so far, there are three whole people playing this game that are determined and committed to just PUG it up in PvP. You are not the majority that BW is looking for...move along and make some friends. This is an MMO after all.

I don't think the average person actually reads the forums. Otherwise they'd known teams of stun locking operatives would make them unsub.

Few and far apart are the close games so the system needs to match players based on some sort of criterias. The biggest problem is that the system can't calculate player skill and mixing premades with pugs is adding to the problem. In the last couple of months I've only been in one normal warzones where someone broke 800K damage. There would be far more of those games if every game didnt end after five or so minutes. How often do you find yourself in 4-3 huttball games? They're in 99 % heavily one-sided and more often than not because one team got a premade. I don't see how anyone, regardless of being a pug or in a premade, can think that this is a healthy system. And if you do you've never experienced competitive gaming, you're certainly not interested in it atleast.

Another one who doesn't understand every match on both teams have pugs and premades. It is whether your team has the good ones. Yes college football allstar games are crap, but on each team there are college football teamates. There is not just 1 player from each team. There are multiple players from one team on the allstar squad. To say that each team has 60 players and not one teamate is just dumb!!!! Nice analogy brother. the Hawaii team had 4 players on the all star squad. Even Hawaii had 4 players. It is the same thing both teams have teamates and non teamates. Therefore the team with the better seniors are going to win. this proves the point that it is not the premades or pugs its who has the better premades and pugs.

If this thread is any indication so far, there are three whole people playing this game that are determined and committed to just PUG it up in PvP. You are not the majority that BW is looking for...move along and make some friends. This is an MMO after all.

A lot of the people who I used to enjoy playing this game with and against have already quit. Some because of this PVP crap and some because there are simply more enjoyable options out there. Most of the people who prefer PUG don't read these forums. Heck, most of the poeple who play this game don't read these forums.

This is going to happen whether you pre-made guys like it or not. Premades are chasing people away from this game. EA can only attrack new (F2P) fools to play an unbalanced game under unfair circumstances for so long. And most of those will eventually quit as well. Then EA will continue to bleed accounts until there are only those who form premades for PVP and those who only PVE left.

If EA actually acts on our desires... the total subscriptions may actually go up some. Remember that total subscriptions are what EA uses to determine how much money they are willing to spend to update and debug this game.

No one says that you should not be allowed to form groups for PVP. All we want is the option to play our version of PVP. If you can not let people believe and act differently than you do, then what does that say about you???

Deny us this and SWTOR will fail.