Star Wars history

ToniMarino

So, I watched the movies and played some old videogames that take action in the own movies environment, reenacting it. But, this is the first game I play that is in another time, with nother persons, another world, practically, but in the universe of Star Wars. And as I play, I see that I don't know ANYTHING about this universe. Nothing about the lore, and other things.

Anyone could suggest me where I can get more information about the Star Wars universe, like some site with database, a trustworthy star wars wiki or something like this?

Since I didn't play any other games like Star Wars, knights of the Old Republic, and stuff... I fell really lost actually when it concerns Star Wars lore.

Thank you very much people! I belive that will improve the gameplay and the roleplay of my chars hahaha

knowing history helps to kinda orient the behaviour when playing and let things less... artificial... provides a sense of belonging that this game itself already guives...

I remember that in the movies, the republic doesn't own an army... only afer the separatists declare war, they recurr to the clone army as the republican army. What about these time? it seems that they owned armies and quite powerfull ones.. what let to these new republic of the movies to have no army?

I remember that in the movies, the republic doesn't own an army... only afer the separatists declare war, they recurr to the clone army as the republican army. What about these time? it seems that they owned armies and quite powerfull ones.. what let to these new republic of the movies to have no army?

Look up the Ruusan Reformations.

There's tons of books out there that pertain to lore. Unless you've read a few of them it is difficult to grasp at first what time in the star wars universe this all takes. Star Wars: Decieved is a good book to read if you want more information about everything thats going on.

Right, but Rule of Two is after this time frame. Read the Sith (Species) entry on wookieepedia for a good overview of the Sith race and how that ties into the Sith culture/mentality.

And yes, there were many wars: Sith wars, Hyperspace wars, Freedon Nadd uprising, etc. etc. Taking a look at the timeline is probably the best way to gather an overview of these and then you can click for specific info about each war.