Unable to complete Chapter 15 - Stuck at [SPOILER]

Sarova

I am not able to complete the chapter past

The part after the cut scene where you speak to Lana about your choice of which escape pods you saved. After that conversation I am on an empty Gravestone with Senya with a whole load of bomb noises with my quest log telling me to

Escape in the Shuttle

. I'm on my main a Sith Inquisitor. Any suggestions? Tried getting help in the chapter 15 thread in General but there are too many spoilers!!

I am also a Sith Inquisitor with the same issue. I am stuck as well on the Gravestone after the talk with Lana about choices made. I reset the quest several times and end up in the same spot without progressing to complete the chapter.

Just in case, i am on my Sentinel :)

Choosing the answer 3 with Lana bypass the problem BUT i do not want to use that choice, i want to be able to use the 1 choice.

So i guess i have to stop doing the book until its good :(

Edited by Loranae

Hey everyone!

We found a workaround for players who are stuck in this state. There is a small dialogue Spoiler, so I've put it in tags below.

• Hit the "Exit Area" button (or exit the Chapter by any other means)
  • When you're back in a non-Chapter area (Fleet, Stronghold, etc.), press the Chapter "Play" Button and then Launch the Chapter
  • Trigger the cutscene again
  • DO NOT choose Option 1 in Scene 9 ("I didn't want her to die.")

The cutscene should complete and you should be able to finish the Chapter normally.

Please let me know if you have any problems with this!

-Tait

I'm in the very same situation. Going through all the way back to the ship and the dialog ends on the first choice of response to Lana. I'm playing with the european french client, on the Mantle of the Force server, if it could help in any mean.

I tried second and third, they are not ending the kinematic but I don't want to use them, because of my role play ;)

To get more specific with my attempts, click the following spoiler button (of course, it is a spoiler).

- During the event, I choose to save the Republic first, then Zakel people, kill the imperials.

- I had the bonus quest active until the end but I found the grenade and activated one skytrooper to help me.

- I choose the first response to Lana, back on the ship, telling her that I did not want to kill the Empire people.

- I teleported back to my stronghold, cancelling the bonus quest and returned to the quest using the button : nothing changed.

- When choosing the second and third options at the dialog with Lana, it seems to continue successfully ; but I don't want these choices.

- Disconnection and connection back did not help at all.

- I tried to approach carefully the last door before the cutscene, to open it before triggering ... but it did not change anything either.

Edited by Almeris
Adding an important information : FR client of the game

We found a workaround for players who are stuck in this state. There is a small dialogue Spoiler, so I've put it in tags below.

Maybe it is a spoiler, so I put my reaction in spoiler brackets below ...

It does affect badly your affection with Lana, doesn't it ? Do you plan to patch that sooner or later so that we can stay in good term with her as we attended ?

Maybe it is a spoiler, so I put my reaction in spoiler brackets below ...

It does affect badly your affection with Lana, doesn't it ? Do you plan to patch that sooner or later so that we can stay in good term with her as we attended ?

Yes, they plan on fixing it. This is just a workaround for players who want to complete the chapter and don't mind using conversation option 2 or 3.

Hey everyone!

• When you're back in a non-Chapter area (Fleet, Stronghold, etc.), press the Chapter "Play" Button and then Launch the Chapter

The cutscene should complete and you should be able to finish the Chapter normally.

-Tait

Tried the workaround and it didn't work. It still kept freezing the game up.

Edited by ShadowedSpectre

I had this too, I logged my character out, then logged back in and I was back on the exploding ship, not the Gravestone. I abandoned the bonus quest and talked to Lana, picked option 1 again and the same result, so abandoning the bonus quest probably doesn't make much difference, the bug is with the first dialogue option. We'll have to wait for a fix because I want to pick dialogue option 1 myself.

Other than that, great chapter! Shame I can't finish it yet.

As long as these bugs only affect those who even think about befriending Republic NPCs, I am relatively safe.

Kidding aside, I wish the Empire vs Republic storyline continued instead of this castrated 'netral side' Zakuulan stuff. To me that was the whole point of playing SWTOR.

On the other hand, I understand that it is cheaper though because you only need to write a single sided story this way.

Edited by AzureTheGrim

Hey everyone!

-Tait

Hello Tait

While i can understand that you jump on the easy temporary resolve on that particular bug, let me though *cough* *shy smile* remind you that our choices are supposed to be very important ..... well if i read of course all of the BW informations, see the teasers, and more.

So may be you should put a little ALERT in your post to prevent people to make the bad choice for them :)

Thank you

Just want to add that my Sage is having this same issue, and as he is light side and has a good relationship with Lana, I don't want to upset her by choosing options 2 or 3 in the conversation. I will park my Sage on the sidelines until this is fixed.

Hey everyone!

-Tait

Yeah, that doesn't work for me. Why? Because that's not the CHOICE I want to make. You say choices matter. Does this one? Maybe. Maybe not. Probably not. But still, it's not what fits my sage as what she would say, so my sage is stuck until you fix this.

This is under investigation currently. I'll keep you updated as I hear more!

You may also want to look into why almost all npc's are gone out of the war room. As i supply them down therein the war room, more and more members show up most rooms are full of allies and their people and now after completing chapter 15 they were gone when i got back. There before i did chapter 15 and gone when i was done with chapter 15.

I hope thats a bug?

Any one else have this problem?

I read in another thread that someone had picked a different answer - I had already tried options one (which was the choice I wanted) and three but neither worked. I was forced to take option 2 in order to complete the chapter. It's a little bit annoying as

I like to take every opportunity on my main to piss off Lana so really wanted to pick the option that she disapproved of

Thanks for the workaround, Tait. Unfortunately, for me, dialogue choices are the primary reason why I play TOR. There are many many MMOs out there, some of which my friends play and would love for me to join, but I stick with TOR because TOR's USP - to me - is that it's a BioWare game, with all that that entails. Voiced cutscenes, dialogue choices, NPCs that respond in conversation and are more than expositional infodumps. The setting, the combat, the boss encounters, the level design, the gameplay, none of that matters to me. I'm a dialogue-driven kind of gamer.

I have other alts, other characters that will happily tell Lana to go take a walk out of an airlock, In fact I'm looking forward to playing through this chapter on my darksided bigoted pro-Republic Empire-hating Trooper, so he can gleefully inform Lana that the Admiral (like all Imperials) was expendable. It'll be hilarious.

But until such time as you get choice #1 fixed, my poor Sage will be sidelined, waiting to apologize to Lana for not being able to save her comrades. My Sage just wants to save everyone, poor girl.

I look forward to finishing this chapter with her, and I hope your devs have a solution post haste! :D

Edited by Raphael_diSanto

Hey everyone!

-Tait

This is not an acceptable work around for me. I wont have Lana annoyed at me by having my char say something she wouldn't because of a bug. This needs to be fixed :/