Patch 2.3 Side-by-Side Graphics Comparison

apocolyptos

Hey everyone! As many of you are well aware, the game got a pretty awesome graphical upgrade in patch 2.3! When you first log into the PTS, you will probably notice the change but you may not be able to point out what is different exactly. In order to help show you what has changed exactly, I put together a side-by-side comparison video for your convenience! :w_smile:

You can find the video here:

We also have a video showing off Treek and her abilities here:

Lastly, you can subscribe to us on YouTube for more videos, or check out our website that is updated with any new things we post here:

http://www.oswnetwork.com

Thanks, and I hope you guys enjoy!

-Zen from the OSWguild

Edited by apocolyptos

Hey everyone! As many of you are well aware, the game got a pretty awesome graphical upgrade in patch 2.3! When you first log into the PTS, you will probably notice the change but you may not be able to point out what is different exactly. In order to help show you what has changed exactly, I put together a side-by-side comparison video for your convenience! :w_smile:

You can find the video here:

We also have a video showing off Treek and her abilities here:

Lastly, you can subscribe to us on YouTube for more videos, or check out our website that is updated with any new things we post here:

http://www.oswnetwork.com

Thanks, and I hope you guys enjoy!

-Zen from the OSWguild

Nicely presented. :)

It's like they sent a million maintenance droids into the game and dusted and shined everything! :D

Any noticeable impact to performance with this? I know it will vary by PC.. I'm just looking for a relative impact from your testing (and what you are running on.. so we can gauge it a bit).

I noticed that the game actually seems to run better. Granted it didn't have nearly the players that live does. Was only about 50ish on fleet when I was on. Was running the default settings, even had shadows on and I can't even do that on live, even on my ship alone with out a lot of slow down/lag. Have to see what happens when it goes live but right now it seems like it actually improved my performance.

Nicely presented. :)

It's like they sent a million maintenance droids into the game and dusted and shined everything! :D

Any noticeable impact to performance with this? I know it will vary by PC.. I'm just looking for a relative impact from your testing (and what you are running on.. so we can gauge it a bit).

For the most part, I didn't notice any impact on performance at all. I'm using an i5 Ivy bridge over-clocked to 3.8, 16 gigs of DDR3 ram, and a GTX 55ti

That would be awesome if that becomes the case. Better performance is always better.

People say this with every PTS update. It only seems better because there are less people on the PTS so areas like the fleet "seem" to run better but the reality is there is just less characters on the screen to render.

What really peeves me is that BW seems to make new companions more powerful than the old ones. That heal over time that cleanses debuffs when it ticks (da hell is that? Even specced player healers don't have access to such things), that melon heal which heals for a 2k when *she wears gear with 10 aim*. Seriously, my Dorne in Basic+ grade, semi-optimized Power-heavy gear heals for 5-6-ish K on crits on her AoE heal (which has a longer cooldown, too).

I really don't want to abandon my old buddies because the shiny new companion performs better in equal gear.

Edited by Helig

What really peeves me is that BW seems to make new companions more powerful than the old ones. That heal over time that cleanses debuffs when it ticks (da hell is that? Even specced player healers don't have access to such things), that melon heal which heals for a 2k when *she wears gear with 10 aim*. Seriously, my Dorne in Basic+ grade, semi-optimized Power-heavy gear heals for 5-6-ish K on crits on her AoE heal (which has a longer cooldown, too).

I really don't want to abandon my old buddies because the shiny new companion performs better in equal gear.

Considering the first thing I said to myself when I tested her out was "well, looks like I'm finally replacing mako..." I think you may have a point. Then again, to be fair, I was getting sick of using Mako all of the time O.o

Thanks for the videos! (Especially the side-by-side comparison one. I had seen screen shots of live vs PTS, but that video really showed me the difference. Looking forward to 2.3!)

Also, thanks for just showing Treek's acquisition process and her abilities. I haven't looked at any of the videos for her conversations yet (nothing wrong with that, imo, but I did that with HK-51 and it made it a tiny bit less 'cool,' so I've decided to avoid the videos on Treek), but after seeing her abilities, I'm looking forward to getting her!

Time to start saving the 1 million credits up (or CC, but I'll probably buy her with in-game credits to begin with) to replace some healer companions.

Yeah, I'm lookin' at you, Malavai. . . :mad:

'Yes, Quinn, you're being replaced with an Ewok. Deal with it.'

(you friggin' doodie-head)

Thanks for the videos! (Especially the side-by-side comparison one. I had seen screen shots of live vs PTS, but that video really showed me the difference. Looking forward to 2.3!)

Also, thanks for just showing Treek's acquisition process and her abilities. I haven't looked at any of the videos for her conversations yet (nothing wrong with that, imo, but I did that with HK-51 and it made it a tiny bit less 'cool,' so I've decided to avoid the videos on Treek), but after seeing her abilities, I'm looking forward to getting her!

Time to start saving the 1 million credits up (or CC, but I'll probably buy her with in-game credits to begin with) to replace some healer companions.

Yeah, I'm lookin' at you, Malavai. . . :mad:

'Yes, Quinn, you're being replaced with an Ewok. Deal with it.'

(you friggin' doodie-head)

You're welcome! I totally don't use Quinn on my warrior, Jaesa all the way >.>

I'm sorry. A million credits? Are you kidding me? Please tell me they're taking the price down for that item. I can't afford one million credits.

You can also get it with CC---but 1 million credits really isn't a whole lot.

Maybe if I combined the wealth of most of my toons, I'd have a million, but the most I've ever had on one toon at one time is 600k. I honestly don't know how people become multi-millionaires in this game.

crafting, selling mats, dailies, playing the gtn game...etc

Maybe if I combined the wealth of most of my toons, I'd have a million, but the most I've ever had on one toon at one time is 600k. I honestly don't know how people become multi-millionaires in this game.

money is crazy easy to get in this game. Afew dailies, afew pvp matches, and you can rake in a million by sitting on the fleet doing next to nothing. Not to mention the GTN has great deals that you can often turn for a profit. Crafting is also another way. If you have played this game since launch, you should have the wealthy title. Heck my buddy plays casually and didn't start til f2p and has almost 12 million just by playing with the gtn and pvping.

Want to earn 1 million creds?

Do Black Hole dailies (including the H4-always PUGS around) and the Belsavis dailies (excluding Sect. X)

Solo those in lvl 50 purple gear for 3 days. Gather mats along the way.

Merch all drops below purple. Sell purple and orange gear, and mats, at GTN.

The training will also make you a better player.

If you are on Tatooine, fly an old man and kid to Alderaan. But do something.

Earn creds, don't troll on Fleet.

2.3 is Treek and eye candy.

Good to see the devs working on performance issues. The art style was something criticized early on, but I've always liked it and found it very slick. The characters have nice features in both facial and body, and the landscape design very much is in the spirit of Ralph McQuarrie.