The REAL Most Powerful Sith Lightsaber Duelists

Beniboybling

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find much evidence to support that.

Well he could fight in the dark he could fight with no force powers what so-ever and defeat full fledged Jedi. He was the only one Kun considered an equal with a blade (this is at a time Baas was still around). I am sure I can find some more evidence given a little while.

Well he could fight in the dark he could fight with no force powers what so-ever and defeat full fledged Jedi. He was the only one Kun considered an equal with a blade (this is at a time Baas was still around). I am sure I can find some more evidence given a little while.
Concerning this whole fighting without force powers, I'm not sure I find it convincing. Given that it is effectively a unique case. For all we know countless other lightsaber duelists could do the same.

Ultimately we have a master of Djem So, vs a master of Ataru, Juyo and Niman. Both were exceptional in their respective forms, but Krayt possess a wider knowledge. And I fully expect he was the greatest Sith lightsaber duelist, if not greatest duelist ever, of his particular era - so I don't think Ulic has an advantage their either.

I am surprised that none of you guys listed Tulak Horde or Alloysius Kallig in the list while listing sith lords like Traya or Malgus. Based on the stories told by Khem Val and Traya, it seems like no sith lord could ever match the lightsabre skills of Tulak Horde. I am not sure how great our inquisitior's ancestor was at lightsabre dueling. But he was strong enough to make Tulak Horde fear him.

NOTE: Again before some wise guys draws our attention to this quote: "If you were to face an ancient Sith Lord in combat, you would learn that we are as children playing with toys compared to the prowess of the old Masters." you should take note that ancient Sith are not been considered for this list due to lack of information. Not that this quote is entirely irrelevant to the skill of lightsaber duelists in the Old Republic era.

/5char

I am surprised that none of you guys listed Tulak Horde or Alloysius Kallig in the list while listing sith lords like Traya or Malgus. Based on the stories told by Khem Val and Traya, it seems like no sith lord could ever match the lightsabre skills of Tulak Horde. I am not sure how great our inquisitior's ancestor was at lightsabre dueling. But he was strong enough to make Tulak Horde fear him.

Neither Khem Val nor Traya know of the skills of duelists that come after their time. Their beliefs are irrelevant.

Alright, our secret.

But at least the guy made sure this thread doesn't end up lost and forgotten. Because we still lack numbers 8, 9 and 10. And it would be a shame if we never found those.

Well, no one would be able to update the OP, and many of the regulars have fallen silent. I suppose I could monitor this until Beni returns, provided people are willing to continue.

I have returned from my slumber. I was gone mainly because I was to lazy to re-subscribe. Anyway, i'm bringing this back since this is a matter of great import to the scholars of this forum :)

Anyways, assuming I haven't forgotten anyone, I nominate Ulic Qel Droma for the number 8 spot.

Darth Krayt is a better duelist, I believe.

A few things here. First, why isn't pre-armored Anakin on that list? Surely as far as lightsaber skills he trumps Palpy. Second, I am aware there isn't as much on Tulak as other characters, however, not every Sith Lord had a tomb in the Valley Of The Dark Lords. He was one of four. Not to mention he was THE Dark Lord, back when the title meant he was number one, period. While there may not be much, there are still canon resources concerning Tulak's skills. That constitutes something towards him.

Which also brings the question, why not Ajunta Pall, or even Marka Ragnos, both have more content than Tulak, especially Ragnos. I'm also noting that shy of Malgus, no one from swtor is being considered. The Wrath must be powerful to hold the title, as should Scourge, who everyone on the council feared, iirc. If Kallig and Nox can't be considered, what about Darth Marr? He is the head of the Dark Council, and he earned his seat around age 20.

As reading the info from the KotOR guide is new to me, is there more back story to Sion and Nihilus? I know Nihilus was a Jedi during the Mando wars, but I don't know why he was one of the Jedi Revan sacrificed for the Mass Shadow Generator. Anyone know why? On topic though, I don't see why Sion, Nihilus, or Darth Revan shouldn't be considered as well.

Also, Darth Maul wasn't technically a Sith Lord, he was an Assassin, so why is he on the list?

NOTE: Again before some wise guys draws our attention to this quote: "If you were to face an ancient Sith Lord in combat, you would learn that we are as children playing with toys compared to the prowess of the old Masters." you should take note that ancient Sith are not been considered for this list due to lack of information. Not that this quote is entirely irrelevant to the skill of lightsaber duelists in the Old Republic era.

There's your answer.

Fair enough, but isn't there a lot of info on Ragnos? What about the "non ancient" Sith I mentioned?

I have seen little information on Ragnos that would qualify him.

As for the others that you mentioned. Most of those you mentioned have little to no information on them, or are just not impressive enough to make the list.

Edited by Aurbere

I have seen little information on Ragnos that would qualify him.

As for the others that you mentioned. Most of those you mentioned have little to no information on them, or are just not impressive enough to make the list.

And Revan was, as always, a Jedi in his prime. Malgus might perhaps be a candidate for #10 though, but I reckon there are others more qualified.