BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Powertechs/Vanguards PvP-wise?

Siphorus

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah how sad, the one time PT Pyros are weak they flood the forums...cry me a river!

^ Agreed. Easy-mode pyro-powertechs have been overpowered since this game started, melting faces and chuckling the whole way using the least challenging rotation in the whole game. Now they've finally been cut down to size and their player-base (those complaining, at any rate) are proving that they can dish it but they sure can't take it.

And frankly the spec is still melting faces, just not as fast, and not with the same 100% assurance of a win. Sorry, but take your lumps along with the rest of us, suck it up, and move along. I have a Vanguard alt and always played Tactics spec in PvP just for the challenge and because easy wins bore me. Learn to deal with adversity. PvP is meant to be challenging. Adapt and stop crying.

- a Gunnery Commando.

Edited by klham

Seriously PT/VG is a joke of a class in PVP and PVE. We might as all roll lethality snipers and smash mara's.

Let me translate the above post:

"Dear BW,

You allowed me to play a class that could top the damage charts by only using TWO buttons, but now I can't do that any more. I'm really, really mad that other classes can now out DPS me. Please nerf those classes and buff me.

Not to be a jerk, but please switch to AP (advanced prototype) DPS or quit queuing up for PVP. I've also seen some decent pyro hybrids that pick up oil slick for another decent defensive CD. Anything but pure pyro, that template is a liability.

Seriously, I see two or three of you on my team and I cringe, because I know we're about to lose badly.

Sure enough, the pyro techs are stuck in the med-center merry-go-round the whole match, and we lose.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

I understand the need for pts vanguards to be looked at by bw.

What I don't understand is the small minded players who enjoy seeing a class, any class, nerfed to the ground.

I myself will soon have 5 of the 8 classes at 55 and eventually I'll have all 8. I want everyone of those 8 classes to be competitive in pvp.

Really people, debating the need for a buff or a nerf is fine. What isn't fine is people who enjoy seeing a class destroyed because sometime in the past it may or may not have been OP.

I understand the need for pts vanguards to be looked at by bw.

What I don't understand is the small minded players who enjoy seeing a class, any class, nerfed to the ground.

I myself will soon have 5 of the 8 classes at 55 and eventually I'll have all 8. I want everyone of those 8 classes to be competitive in pvp.

Really people, debating the need for a buff or a nerf is fine. What isn't fine is people who enjoy seeing a class destroyed because sometime in the past it may or may not have been OP.

LAMO

this class wasn't even close to being "nerfed to the ground". The nerf to crit, which affects all of us, hurt Pyro PT's, because they were reliant on the dot to tick for crits and their Railshot to crit all the time. Well, it doesn't anymore; so, you guys have to actually be good at the class to top the damage charts.

no more of this two button nonsense (don't believe me

). That's why we're laughing at the PT's coming to the forum QQing about it. My Sin Tank has been nerfed numerous times in the last year (another armor reduction in 2.0).....I learned how to play the class and still be successful.

That is funny b/c all the other classes got burst added to them and vanguards did not get anything. The Vanguard class has become a dot class of being able to pull high numbers but not actually kill anyone. There is no hard class in this game. You can't just rate a class on how many buttons they press. If you think that is true you are basing skill upon how fast your hands can move. If you wanted to be a bad vanguard you could do 2 buttons, but if you wanted to be a good vanguard you would use an assortment of your skills. Right now a Commando is a 4 button class and you can get away with it being a 2 button.

LAMO

this class wasn't even close to being "nerfed to the ground". The nerf to crit, which affects all of us, hurt Pyro PT's, because they were reliant on the dot to tick for crits and their Railshot to crit all the time. Well, it doesn't anymore; so, you guys have to actually be good at the class to top the damage charts.

). That's why we're laughing at the PT's coming to the forum QQing about it. My Sin Tank has been nerfed numerous times in the last year (another armor reduction in 2.0).....I learned how to play the class and still be successful.

this ...

LAMO

It looks like you did not read the assault patch notes. They cut CGC/PC damage by 50% we lost 15% of our armor pen to RS/HiB and they nerfed TD/AP to a dot that does nothing. The crit nerf did not matter at all to me.

Seriously PT/VG is a joke of a class in PVP and PVE. We might as all roll lethality snipers and smash mara's.

AHAHAHAH. Now that the class takes some skill, you can't cut it. You're terrible Deft.

Also, this:

try playing better
Edited by Theology

That is funny b/c all the other classes got burst added to them and vanguards did not get anything. The Vanguard class has become a dot class of being able to pull high numbers but not actually kill anyone.

Welcome to the state of madness assassins, its been like that since launch and even more so now.

LAMO

50% cut to a huge chunk of their dps in pve, their only redeemable factor in pvp--burst--was cut by maybe a third, and their defense/utility is the same...what would you call that?

pts havent been op since 1.7.

this nerf was totally unneeded

DPS Powertechs are the most easily focused and killed class in the game. If you couldn't handle a powertech pre-2.0, you were the baddie. Sorry.

It's pretty short-sided to cheer when a class is nerfed so heavily that it's no longer desirable. It would be better for everyone, for PVP in general, if all classes and specs were viable in warzones. Next time you're getting obliterated by 4 smash warriors in the same warzone, remember how you cheered as yet another class was taken off the table. Variety in warzones has never been good, but it's getting worse with every patch.

what bugs me is that they've nerfed burst to the ground, turning assault into a dot spec. ok. but they're still only effective from 10m. if you're going to make them a dot spec, give them their range back. incendiary and assault plastique should go back to 30m. you see, that's perfectly reasonable now, since neither ability hits for nearly the same burst as they used to.

I don't like being a dot spec. but if you're going to make the class a dot spec, then all the previous nerfs to their range need to be rolled back. we're talking here about making them a tech version of madness. it's not even saying "hey, make me roflstomp burst machine." but it's not rocket science to conclude that a melee with poor burst and poor dcds isn't a viable class.

Edited by foxmob

Variety in warzones has never been good, but it's getting worse with every patch.

Yep pretty much this. The list of viable options keeps shrinking and it's making the game incredibly boring and predictable.

DPS Powertechs are the most easily focused and killed class in the game. If you couldn't handle a powertech pre-2.0, you were the baddie. Sorry.

It's pretty short-sided to cheer when a class is nerfed so heavily that it's no longer desirable. It would be better for everyone, for PVP in general, if all classes and specs were viable in warzones. Next time you're getting obliterated by 4 smash warriors in the same warzone, remember how you cheered as yet another class was taken off the table. Variety in warzones has never been good, but it's getting worse with every patch.

Had to login to quote this. I played my pt as ap a lot and its still under dps classes overall. It's hard to argue with smashers about it here tho...

Edited by Capote