Choosing a Server

xKiesix

I found out yesterday that my guild was assigned the server Rubat Crystal, but as I've read today, I'm starting to worry that it's not all that popular of a server. I was on Moon Guard in WoW and I loved the feeling of being in a highly populated server that was so focused on RP. Then I've read that some power (by the name of SWTOR-RP) has dictated that another server is an rp super-server. I wasn't there when Moon Guard became so populated, so I have no idea how a server like that becomes available.

Given how we don't know how/if server transfers are processed, I'm a little concerned about creating a character on a server. When I think of WoW, I think of my time on Moon Guard and not any of the other servers I dabbled in. I want SWTOR to be like that experience.

What are some people's suggestions for handling this? What server looks most likely to turn out like Moon Guard?

Well , you can not compare wow's server with swtor ones.

Imo each server will have it's own uniqueness and will most probably not compared to wow's one.

Just make the character where your guild is assigned and if the community is not as rp as you want it to be make a guild meeting and decide to play somewhere else.

We were assigned in a RP server though we decided to all make characters in the RP -PVP Server they made.

Just Play and Decide is my thought.

Hope It helps:o

I found out yesterday that my guild was assigned the server Rubat Crystal, but as I've read today, I'm starting to worry that it's not all that popular of a server. I was on Moon Guard in WoW and I loved the feeling of being in a highly populated server that was so focused on RP. Then I've read that some power (by the name of SWTOR-RP) has dictated that another server is an rp super-server. I wasn't there when Moon Guard became so populated, so I have no idea how a server like that becomes available.

Given how we don't know how/if server transfers are processed, I'm a little concerned about creating a character on a server. When I think of WoW, I think of my time on Moon Guard and not any of the other servers I dabbled in. I want SWTOR to be like that experience.

What are some people's suggestions for handling this? What server looks most likely to turn out like Moon Guard?

Your guild can roll on any server.

With that said, Every server in SWTOR will be packed for a very long time

Your guild can roll on any server.

With that said, Every server in SWTOR will be packed for a very long time

I know. It's not so much the population I'm after but the community. I want to be on a heavy-rp server. Typically what I do is quest, pvp, and flashpoints and when I start getting sick of it I search for some RP until I've gained enough energy to go back and level. In MG it was really easy to find RP.

If Rubat Crystal is essentially a bunch of light-weights who just dabble in rp, I don't want any part in it.

I know. It's not so much the population I'm after but the community. I want to be on a heavy-rp server. Typically what I do is quest, pvp, and flashpoints and when I start getting sick of it I search for some RP until I've gained enough energy to go back and level. In MG it was really easy to find RP.

If Rubat Crystal is essentially a bunch of light-weights who just dabble in rp, I don't want any part in it.

Knowing the history of Moon Guard I will say this. There is no other community like it. It's once of a kind.

The early access just started today and barely anyone is in yet how can you base any sort of decision like this on that????? Seriously think for a minute before you type.

-Number of guilds per server posting on Forums

-Highest population guilds' servers

I think it will just be luck of the draw.

Again only first day and barely anyone got into for EGA yet. So again think before you type.

You should really practice what you preach.

These are all factors that were determined yesterday/today. All guilds have been assigned their servers, so all recruiting ones are posting and knowledgeable of where they would be at. The guilds with the highest populations would also know where they are and would more than likely be linked to one another through allies/adversaries.