FAKK your stun bubbles

Kyanzes

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just avoid the stun. You should move whenever the bubble is about to break... simple really..

Orly? And how about 3 bubble stuns in the row that I couldn't predict? 9 seconds stunlock! :mad:

Edited by GNWP

one of the few perks to playing a merc. i have never once been stunned by one of these stupid bubbles lol

:cool:

Probably the only perk.

On another note, most, it not all, people who complain about bubbles are playing melee and 90 % of all melees are currently smashers. They think smash is balanced and a L2P issue because it's apparently easy to avoid the three or more smashers every team has. Why isnt equally easy for them to avoid bubbles? I mean, everyone els should apparently leave the objective as soon as they're rolling in so how about that they simply leave the area when they see a bubble? Problem solved.

Bubble stuns is broken, I'm sure it was never meant to be a permanent stun for the entire team, keep the stun, but only on the player that casts it.

Where the **** do people get this from? OFC it was how it was designed. Before the change the same basic mechanic was in place (Yes you could click them off to stop a cap). Except the effect broke on dmg as opposed to being a straight stun. They didn't increase the resolve with the effect change. That is the problem. The solution is not to nerf sorcs into a worse position than they were in 1.2

If you are going to ask for nerfs at least realize what what changed and what you would do to the class.

Unless you play a merc no one has any right to complain about bubble stuns. And mercs dont complain because they aren't derp melee dps

Edited by Mookind

Where the **** do people get this from? OFC it was how it was designed. Before the change the same basic mechanic was in place (Yes you could click them off to stop a cap). Except the effect broke on dmg as opposed to being a straight stun. They didn't increase the resolve with the effect change. That is the problem. The solution is not to nerf sorcs into a worse position than they were in 1.2

If you are going to ask for nerfs at least realize what what changed and what you would do to the class.

Unless you play a merc no one has any right to complain about bubble stuns. And mercs dont complain because they aren't derp melee dps

That is not how the stun bubble was meant to be used. It was meant to be a survivability tool for lightning sorcs. NOT a bubble stun you can supply to the whole team. The only reason you have entire teams protected by the stun bubble is because full healers have gone hybrid because, let's face it, the stun bubble is too good to pass up. Corruption/Seer's have a talent allowing them to spam their bubble (no cd, except on the target), lightning/tele's CANNOT spam their bubble.

BW buffed the bubble stun so that lightning sorcs could have better survivability. It'd break on damage, and the target would be right back on the poor, casting sorc. I can bet it was NOT bioware's intention for the stun to be given to an entire team.

Making it so the stun only applies to said sorc/sage is an excellent fix.

The spec has been the same since i started playing the game in 1.1. After 1.2 it became the only spec a healer could run besides doughnut

There is nothing new about a lightning hybrid sorc healer. And the idea that bioware didn't intend people to use the proc is just ridiculous

Some people...

Did I mention people have been using this spec long before it was changed from a stun to a mezz? Pretty sure I did

Edit - From a mezz to a stun*

Edited by Mookind

Sooooo fighting 3v1 sucks?

No, it's being in the vicinity of 3 people that sucks. And then they pop the bubbles again, and some more. "Hey, could you get over here, there are too many bubbles there, would you? I can't hit you where you are." It's not enough that we have fortress healers they also make the whole group a stun machine every 20 seconds. Overlapping, of course, making it even worse.

Edited by Kyanzes

No one cared about it when it was a mez. As a mez it'd be totally fine. It'd be another grenade, nbd. As is, it's far and away the most imbalanced thing in the game. Every class has an aoe stun that is off the gcd, can be used during a stun and generates negligible resolve. Complete joke.

No one cared about it when it was a mez. As a mez it'd be totally fine. It'd be another grenade, nbd. As is, it's far and away the most imbalanced thing in the game. Every class has an aoe stun that is off the gcd, can be used during a stun and generates negligible resolve. Complete joke.

So then give them the mez back and make it only stun on themselves. At least that wouldn't be the destruction of the class

The only high HPS instant sorcs have is shield and it has a giant debuff. They need something, badly

Edited by Mookind

So then give them the mez back and make it only stun on themselves. At least that wouldn't be the destruction of the class

The only high HPS instant sorcs have is shield and it has a giant debuff. They need something, badly

If the only change is to make it caster only, it needs to stay as a stun and made baseline, not be changed back to a mezz and that is all - that wont fix anything.

Edited by PloGreen

I think it would be fine if it was changed to a partial Mezz, a Mezz gets immunity to Dot damage. That would be much better then the old version where your Affliction or Crushing Darkness pretty much broke the Mezz instantly, and much less powerfull then the current version when cast on a Marauder/Jugg who clicks it off and starts attacking.

make it only stun if it breaks on damage, not if unclicked is the most urgent change imo
Granted that I'm not playing rateds but I can honestly say that I've never pervieced it as if someone was clicking it in normal warzones. Not saying that it hasnt happened but how can you even tell? Even if I havent touched the person with the bubble it's still possible that it pops due to the duration. I would have had to follow the person around to see when he/she first got the bubble and then timed the pop.

Exhibit B in my "bubble clicking is exaggerated"- case will be the average skill among players. For starters, 99 % of them are probably not even aware that it's possible to click it. Second, you honestly think that a person who does about 1/4 of the top dps'es damage and who lacks every form of situational awareness and logical thinking is able to click a bubble?