Legacy System

Selentrior

Ok this may sound wierd but, I don't think I get the point in the legacy system.

If you get a character from a certain race up to level 50 you get unlockables...

So is the point to lvl up diffrent races to get more unlockable or to lvl up the same race to get the benefits from having leveled one character?

Sorry but it's a little vague..

depends on how you want to play. if you want to stick to one main character, you will likely be quite rich and can buy most of the stuff rather than unlocking manually. there are some unlocks that require rolling more than 1 toon, but they are generally pretty good and should require a little more effort imho.

you would be better off rolling other races if cost saving is your thing, but rolling a new race only unlocks that race which can be bought. the one exception is human because human is already unlocked on all classes. instead, human get a presence buff that can not be bought. since you already have a human, you should have the presence buff unlocked, and that will be a nice boon soloing another class regardless of race. if you haven't unlocked the presence buff on your human yet, i would do that before rolling any other toons. Edited by cilbery

Let me reword my question, lets say my first toon is human, should my main goal be to roll more humans or role the most races possible..?

There is no "goal". You should roll whatever race you like. You gain NOTHING in terms of Legacy by rolling a second Human. However if you enjoy playing Human characters, what does it matter if you unlock a Twi-lek or Zabrak? You'd still enjoy playing a Human character more.

The race unlocks of the Legacy system is for people who enjoy playing some particularly exotic races. For example a player may be a huge fan of Sith Pureblood or Chiss, and therefore want to roll many Pureblood/Chiss regardless of class restriction. I myself mostly find greater affinity with human protagonists, therefore I'd only want to roll humans regardless of unlocks.

Is my buff only eligable to human toons or any other toons?
It will apply to all characters you create. Additionally, it's worth noting that the Human Species Unlock is the only one that has a game play benefit. All the other species unlocks simply make that species an available choice for all classes in the game during character creation.