Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

Aurbere
11.10.2014 , 02:27 PM | #601
Alright, I think we've debated tacticians to the point of repetition, so I'm going to agree with Sil here. Let's focus on boarding parties, if that is viable.

Also, we're coming to the end of the debate here, so any final arguments would be welcome if no one has anything to say on boarding parties.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
11.10.2014 , 02:30 PM | #602
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
I thought I was, but alright...

And Lady did in fact show evidence as to why his tactics were superior.
To which I would respond that would if that were the case, they would have had a bigger impact on the conflicts he participated in. By I can see a circular argument when I see one, so I instead agree to disagree and hope that we can at least concur that neither Revan nor Nek outclass one another and are both excellent tacticians in their own right.

StarSquirrel
11.10.2014 , 02:31 PM | #603
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Enough with the posturing!

I do believe there have been a few good mentions concerning Boarding Parties that should be explored, since it is one of the two topics Aurbere told us to discuss.

Stay on target!

Like I said Earlier though, I think Nek is slightly better with battle field tactics, but the combination of Wedge, Revan, and Surik even it out, if not give the Reborn a slight edge. Only said that like 10 pages ago... I find it funny that you guys seem to be heading to the same conclusion, despite ignoring that post of mine.

Now, boarding parties... Thunderclaps... Discuss!
It's not about how good they are Sil, it is about what they can do. Nek has options, he's developed strategies so he can use those in the course of the battle. For instance, sitting behind an asteroid belt and forcing the Reborn to engage, then unleashing a massive about of torpedoes at them at point-blank range

Outflanking them with a swarm of Ionizers from an asteroid field or planet or moon...

Hitting, withdrawing, then outflanking

Microjumps using gravity wells (perhaps using the Reborn's interdictors against them as they try to trap a faked high-value target)

All of which are tactics in Nek's arsenal and almost none of which Revan has seen before.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Beniboybling
11.10.2014 , 02:32 PM | #604
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Alright, I think we've debated tacticians to the point of repetition, so I'm going to agree with Sil here. Let's focus on boarding parties, if that is viable.

Also, we're coming to the end of the debate here, so any final arguments would be welcome if no one has anything to say on boarding parties.
Well while I don't think Mace will head for Revan, I do think its possible that Revan will attempt to eliminate Nomi/Nek considering he tried and succeeded in eliminating Mandalore during the Battle of Malachor V.

Aurbere
11.10.2014 , 02:36 PM | #605
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well while I don't think Mace will head for Revan, I do think its possible that Revan will attempt to eliminate Nomi/Nek considering he tried and succeeded in eliminating Mandalore during the Battle of Malachor V.
There is the possibility that Mace could go after the Viscount while Revan is going after Nek and Nomi.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
11.10.2014 , 02:38 PM | #606
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
There is the possibility that Mace could go after the Viscount while Revan is going after Nek and Nomi.
If that happened surely Mace's first priority would be to protect them?

Aurbere
11.10.2014 , 02:40 PM | #607
If that happened surely Mace's first priority would be to protect them?
Depends on when each moves, but yes that is a point. But I don't think even Revan would be able to defeat Mace, Nomi, and whatever number of guards there are.

StarSquirrel
11.10.2014 , 02:45 PM | #608
To which I would respond that would if that were the case, they would have had a bigger impact on the conflicts he participated in. By I can see a circular argument when I see one, so I instead agree to disagree and hope that we can at least concur that neither Revan nor Nek outclass one another and are both excellent tacticians in their own right.
Nek just has more tools in his kit making him more effective here.

In the immortal words of Sel

Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I'm not going to admit something I don't believe to appease you, however you are correct that we are going in circles and should give this up.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

-Alucard

Beniboybling
11.10.2014 , 02:47 PM | #609
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Nek just has more tools in his kit making him more effective here.

In the immortal words of Sel
Lawl, I feel the need to bookmark that quote.

It really depends on how many of those tools he can bring to bear. And ultimately I expect most of them can be countered with a staunch defense or offense, I don't see many that Revan would be incapable of dealing with.

StarSquirrel
11.10.2014 , 02:52 PM | #610
Lawl, I feel the need to bookmark that quote.

It really depends on how many of those tools he can bring to bear. And ultimately I expect most of them can be countered with a staunch defense or offense, I don't see many that Revan would be incapable of dealing with.
Thing is, as I mentioned a moment ago, Revan's never seen many of these strategies. Imagine his surprise when he powers up the Interdictors and Nek abuses the hell out of them?

I don't think he'd be utterly incapable, but the fact that the strategies give the Resistance an edge even momentarily would swing the battle severely against the Reborn in some instances.

Again, we should also remember what is available to Nek in the Coruscant system, namely a great number of asteroids, planets, and moons to fight around (which plays to Nek's strengths.)

And yeah, I'm definitely going to use that Sel quote more often... I used to be naive and think compromise was a good means of debate, but I quickly learned how wrong I was.

Since this is era-less does the Rainbow Bridge asteroid belt around Coruscant exist?

-Alucard