Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

Selenial
11.07.2014 , 06:14 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Except Mace Windu when he was Master of the Order was given direct control over said mountain, in such a dire situation there is no way he won't tell Nomi of it's power. Besides you don't actually have to break into it, just be in the correct part of the Sacred Spire. The only reason Nyax did so is because he wanted to directly taint the nexus there, which he did.
Source for in the correct part, because we've never seen anyone perform great feats in the temple.

And you think Nomi would break such sacred ground, just to make sure her fleet killed thousands? To use the force as a weapon Against the forces of good and the light? Not a chance.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

LadyKulvax
11.07.2014 , 06:26 AM | #112
Luke and Mara converse about it.

"But the temple... I can feel energies from it like never before." - Mara
"It has been broken into... only an agent of evil could do this." Luke
"Why?" - Mara
"Someone wants to bring darkness to the temple, defile and control it. No Jedi would need to resort to violence here."
"Jedi? no... the Dark Side." - Tahiri

Also Nomi isn't this devout saint you think she is, she is very very forthcoming in her negotiations, much more aggressive than most Jedi are. Sorry but I don't think a P.I.S argument holds any water here.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

LadyKulvax
11.07.2014 , 06:36 AM | #113
Now just to bring things back to point, I believe a strike team of Jedi Knights into the Viscount could work wonders.

Here is the how:

The Nu-class Assault Shuttle, which is my designated transport, could simply sneak aboard the flagship. After a wave of Ionizers cause power shortages throughout say the starboard side, the Jedi Knights land and attack critical systems, said systems having their information supplied by Nek Bwua'tu. Then the Jedi cause critical internal damage, meanwhile in the chaos a Force Cloaked Windu takes down Meetra Surik after storming the bridge.

Five teams of ten Knights led by Mace Windu, could quite easily storm the huge Battle-cruiser and perhaps even turn it's guns on it's own fleet.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

LadyKulvax
11.07.2014 , 06:42 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
*snip*
Nek has had huge lasting effects on the galaxy, from developing the tactics that defeated the Hivemind and the Vong, to being politically smart enough to play Caedus like an idiot.

Revan meanwhile merely fought fire with fire... and Jedi, he took Mandalorian tactics, improved them with the Force and smashed the enemy, not surprising when taking into account the Dark Jedi that he would have had at his disposal by the last part of the war.

Also a certain miner *cough* has veeery interesting dialogue concerning Revan's tactics:

Spoiler

Do not underestimate Nek, he has the experience of five wars behind him and countless massive battles where he has been astronomically out-numbered, it isn't hype or exaggeration it's in the books, you just need to read them, luckily I did.

To quote myself:

Quote:
Chief of Naval Operations Nek Bwua'tu was one of the most naturally gifted tacticians in the history of the galaxy, noted for his flawless record against the Thrawn Simulator, something no one else ever held, despite never having commanded a fleet engagement.

The Jedi Masters actually believed that he may be Force Sensitive, for seemingly being able to predict his opponent's every move. Indeed, he predicted Jedi powers rather easily and numerous times subverted their use.

He was well-versed in using asteroid fields and suns to his advantage, in-fact he would place his ship directly between a sun and enemy ships to essentially blind their gunners.

He also excelled at using psychological warfare against his enemies, attacking when he should defend and defending when he should attack, then employing seemingly paradoxical tactics.... launching starfighers in attack formations and keeping his capital ships back.

Yet he was very efficient and very effective against even the Killik Hivemind which simply abandoned fighting him, not able to adequately employ their own tactics against such an unpredictable mind, despite out-numbering him astronomically.

Supreme Commander Gilad Pallaeon concluded that if they hadn't employed such tactics against the hivemind they would have lost the inner rim with barely a fight.
Jedi Order

LadyKulvax
11.07.2014 , 07:13 AM | #115
Unfortunately I won't be able to post again until Sunday, my Four year anniversary tomorrow and obviously I'll be distracted, good debating all, hope my faction ain't swamped once I get back.
Jedi Order

Selenial
11.07.2014 , 07:55 AM | #116
Luke and Mara converse about it.

"But the temple... I can feel energies from it like never before." - Mara
"It has been broken into... only an agent of evil could do this." Luke
"Why?" - Mara
"Someone wants to bring darkness to the temple, defile and control it. No Jedi would need to resort to violence here."
"Jedi? no... the Dark Side." - Tahiri

Also Nomi isn't this devout saint you think she is, she is very very forthcoming in her negotiations, much more aggressive than most Jedi are. Sorry but I don't think a P.I.S argument holds any water here.
No, this isn't PIS it's character. That's like us saying Vader wouldn't kill Trench if Trench lost 3 planets in the last tournament.

And all this quote proves is that the Temple nexus is only strong when the mountain is breached, so thanks for supporting my point.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.

Selenial
11.07.2014 , 08:08 AM | #117
Now just to bring things back to point, I believe a strike team of Jedi Knights into the Viscount could work wonders.

Here is the how:

The Nu-class Assault Shuttle, which is my designated transport, could simply sneak aboard the flagship. After a wave of Ionizers cause power shortages throughout say the starboard side, the Jedi Knights land and attack critical systems, said systems having their information supplied by Nek Bwua'tu. Then the Jedi cause critical internal damage, meanwhile in the chaos a Force Cloaked Windu takes down Meetra Surik after storming the bridge.

Five teams of ten Knights led by Mace Windu, could quite easily storm the huge Battle-cruiser and perhaps even turn it's guns on it's own fleet.
Ionizers can't cause Power shortages with Isotope-5! So many benefits to this wonderfully rare tool.

Surik could cut through 5 knights with ease, and Windu? Hmmph, Sudik would be under armed guard, Spec ops style. Likely that Revan would be aboard too, at least it's a possibility.

The idea of Mace trying an assassination attempt is probably strong, but he'd certainly be cut down

StarSquirrel
11.07.2014 , 08:18 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
So my thoughts on tacticians.

All four of these people are brilliant tacticians, but I do believe they can be ranked. I'm sure it will come as no surprise to anyone when I say that I believe Revan to the best, and superior to Nek. I don't ascribe to the notion that post-ROTJ tacticians are the best of the best, yes Nek beat the Thrawn Simulator but Revan was the Thrawn of his day.

By which I mean to say that he was the great tactician of his era, he single-handedly turn the tides of the Mandalorian Wars, despite it going terribly for the Republic, and in the ensuing Jedi Civil War he masterminded the downfall of the Republic and the Jedi and would have conquered the entire galaxy - in every respect - within 3 years.

He eclipsed all of his contemporaries. Nek, while a brilliant tactician, did not. He did not single-handedly win wars, but did so through the collective effort of a slew of exceptional commanders, he was not a mastermind as Revan was.
You're insane Beni. I know people don't like admitting Post-ROTJ characters are any good, but seriously Revan Only won his war by copying his enemy's strategy. It was not tactically brilliant, he surpassed contemporaries like Saul Karath for god sakes. He was good, don't get me wrong, but Nek was on another level, not Revan (coincidently Sel even admitted Revan isn't much of a tactician especially in small-scale engagements)

Show me, Beni, show me how good Revan is, because this "I don't subscribe to Post-ROTJ characters being any good" crap is getting really old really fast and your bias is showing like you wouldn't believe. Guess what Beni I don't subscribe to this "KOTOR characters are better than everyone" crap either.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

raandomname
11.07.2014 , 10:27 AM | #119
No offense, but couldnt you guys do these kaggaths on a forum that does not cost $13 per month to access. I would love to participate in one of these, but my sub will lhave long run out by the time the next one starts.

Selenial
11.07.2014 , 10:38 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by raandomname View Post
No offense, but couldnt you guys do these kaggaths on a forum that does not cost $13 per month to access. I would love to participate in one of these, but my sub will lhave long run out by the time the next one starts.
Its the only forum we all use

I do however have an account on the KillerMovie Community forums, same name as here. You'll find my posts in the Literature and Expanded universe section.

Do you use that? I've been tempted to post the original post on there, and allow people to supply both sides with points that id then put on here, if that would be easier for you let me know!