I was sure Boba Fett used a Blaster Rifle...

arkanone

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not the class is called Bounty Hunter, not Boba Fett. If you read anything of the EU you'd know that not all bounty hunters were Boba Fett nor did they all use rifles.

It was a carbine, not a sawed-off rifle (whatever that is)

Boba Fett died like a drunken punk, I still don't know why everyone idolizes him and his poor-dicision-making "father" so much

Shae Vizla is the archetype character for The Old Republic's Bounty hunter class.

Shae Vizla wore Mandalorian armor of a primarily gray coloration, over a black flight suit. Her full-faced helmet differed from tradition in that it did not feature a T-shaped visor. Vizla made use of a jetpack possessing two individual thrusters that allowed her periods of sustained flight, and owned at least two blasters, including one blaster pistol that fired red bolts of plasma, that she was known to wield with deadly accuracy.

Edited by Ilarox

Shae Vizla is the archetype character for The Old Republic's Bounty hunter class.

Shae Vizla wore Mandalorian armor of a primarily gray coloration, over a black flight suit. Her full-faced helmet differed from tradition in that it did not feature a T-shaped visor. Vizla made use of a jetpack possessing two individual thrusters that allowed her periods of sustained flight, and owned at least two blasters, including one blaster pistol that fired red bolts of plasma, that she was known to wield with deadly accuracy.

yet a LOT of pictures show her with a Carbine (not that i want BHs to have Carbines)

Believe it or not the class is called Bounty Hunter, not Boba Fett. If you read anything of the EU you'd know that not all bounty hunters were Boba Fett nor did they all use rifles.

Boba Fett died like a drunken punk, I still don't know why everyone idolizes him and his poor-dicision-making "father" so much

Yeah that bugs me too, a lot of people think Boba was the only hunter in the galaxy, they see him with the Carbine and think thats what all hunters use..

Do do think it would be nice if we could chose the weapon we use tho in game, not just ranged but melee too.

This ^ I don't know why everyone idealizes hims so much. Dude got his *** kicked into a Sarlacc pit.. He was not that epic.

believe it or not the class is called bounty hunter, not boba fett. If you read anything of the eu you'd know that not all bounty hunters were boba fett nor did they all use rifles.

boba fett died like a drunken punk, i still don't know why everyone idolizes him and his poor-dicision-making "father" so much

lmaopimp

I completely agree OP, but it's not going to change. Many of us were here asking that very same thing pre-launch. It's done this way because Bioware thinks every class has to look exactly the same even if it does fly in the face of lore.

And don't even get me started on those butt ugly and hideous outfits that await us at end game. Thank god for orange gear.

The fact that the bounty hunter uses 1 or 2 pistols just shows that it is derived from Jango and perhaps a few other BHs...

Most bounty hunters used every weapon imaginable... Some used rifles, carbines, exotics, and yes, having different weapon skins for the weapons would amazing. I would not be hard to do at all considering we are using Gamorean axes for Force users now.

Ummmm... Boba Fett may have fallen into the sarlac pit but was able to escape and was nursed back to health by the bounty hunter Dengar, who was looking for the remains of jabba the hutt.

Yes bounty hunters did use rifles. Hell most used whatever in the hell they could get their hands on and suited their fighting style.

Look at AoTC. The female bounty hunter used a sniper rifle, poisonous creatures and blaster pistols.

My view is this when it comes to weapons in starwars. Certain classes of weapons need to be broken up into more specific classes.

I will be using real life guns to make the point but i think you will get what i mean.

Blaster pistols need to be broken up into light and heavy designations. Light equals todays .38 specials, 9mm hand guns, the stuff you could wield in two hands.

Heavy blasters = .50 Desert eagle, .22 magnum[dirty harry gun]. Basically hand cannons you almost have to hold onto with two hands to shoot accurately.

My suggestion for BH. They start off with light blasters. Then if you go marauder, you stick with light blasters since you dual wield them.

Powertechs move onto heavy blasters that IMO should look like mini cannons, big gigantic guns that almost require two hands to shoot.

Least give us the feel that that single gun we are wielding atleast LOOKS impressive. Plus i'd make the heavy blasters do more damage than light, but however mercs get TWO blasters so that makes up for the less damage per shot with just a hail of gunfire.

I think that would solve A LOT of issues with BH's not using rifles.

Please first fix my class and balance classes and THEN let's talk about cosmetics

And which class is that? Power Tech is pretty much good, now Merc, yeah needs some serious work.

IMO, and i know i'll get blasted for this one, some of the abilities should be able to be casted on the move so it's a run and gun.

Want to make it cast time, sure, but allow me to atleast move while i do it!

And which class is that? Power Tech is pretty much good, now Merc, yeah needs some serious work.

IMO, and i know i'll get blasted for this one, some of the abilities should be able to be casted on the move so it's a run and gun.

Want to make it cast time, sure, but allow me to atleast move while i do it!

Well I'm both actually, but my 50 is a PT leveling Merc. PT is fine because of Pyro, I want to see Adv. Prototype do better, at least in PvE. As for Merc....I'm too tired for that rant. But we're not the only class that needs fixing.

My view, most non Force using classes need a MAJOR overhaul.

it seems like the whole game was based around the sith and jedi for pvp and then tossing in the non force using classes as an afterthought and cannon fodder.

As it stands most non force using classes aren't as easy and oh crap recovery as force using is.

Again just my opinion.

My view, most non Force using classes need a MAJOR overhaul.

it seems like the whole game was based around the sith and jedi for pvp and then tossing in the non force using classes as an afterthought and cannon fodder.

As it stands most non force using classes aren't as easy and oh crap recovery as force using is.

Again just my opinion.

Well I completely agree with your opinion and I second that, we got thrown the scraps.

"Many carbines are shortened rifles..."

"Boba Fett sucked, so why should we have rifles!" or "Boba Feet had a blaster rifle so I should have one too!" are both silly. The reason why we don't have blaster rifles the same reason why a lot of other classes are given very little choice in weapon styles, because if we could have many choices it would start to get down right silly. Now with that said I still think the BH Merc getting two blasters does not fit the role that well, I think it would of been better if the Merc got a blaster rifle, while the BH PT got a SMG like weapon.

Well, let's see...

Boba Fett - Sawed off blaster rifle.

IG-88 - Blaster rifle.

Bossk - Blaster rifle.

Dengar - HUGE blaster rifle.

Zuckuss - blaster rifle.

4-LOM - blaster rifle.

Seems like a lot of bounty hunters (ALL of them in Empire Strikes Back, in fact) use rifles. ONLY Jango Fett was shown using pistols.