Collector's Edition Upgrade

Alxandria

This is just random curiosity, Will there ever be a way to say pay X dollars and upgrade an account to a collector's edition level account and get the mouse droid and access to the collector's edition vendor? (Not the physical stuff, I just want a way to pay a fee and get access to that vendor.)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just random curiosity, Will there ever be a way to say pay X dollars and upgrade an account to a collector's edition level account and get the mouse droid and access to the collector's edition vendor? (Not the physical stuff, I just want a way to pay a fee and get access to that vendor.)

Yep right here http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Republic-Collectors-Bundle-Pc/dp/B005B8DRVU

If you can find a copy, sure.

http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game

I already have an active Star Wars: The Old Republic account. Can I add another official Game Product Registration Code to upgrade my current edition?

Yes. You can always upgrade the edition associated with your account to an edition of higher value. For example, if you redeemed a Product Registration Code for the Standard Edition, you can later redeem a Collector’s Edition Product Registration Code to that same account and enjoy the benefits associated with the Collector’s Edition. Upgrading to an edition of higher value will also grant you an additional 30 days of included Game time. Please be aware that the Digital Upgrade Pack does not provide an additional 30 days included Game Time.

You cannot however redeem multiple Product Registration Codes for the same edition to a single account. You also cannot redeem a Product Registration Code for an edition of lesser value than the edition already redeemed to your account.

Nope you want the CE you have to buy the box.

I don't want the whole collector's edition + game.

I just wanna pay like, $10, $25 or whatever and upgrade my account so I can access the Collector's Edition vendor.

I'm curious if this will ever be available. I don't care about the physical stuff, just that vendor.

I just wanna pay like, $10, $25 or whatever and upgrade my account so I can access the Collector's Edition vendor.

I'm curious if this will ever be available. I don't care about the physical stuff, just that vendor.

K but why would you want to? all the stuff on the vendor blows.

Edited by WinxownZ

Because I want this:

http://tor-fashion.com/2012/04/06/imperial-trooper/

And any future stuff they may add there.

Not going to happen. People paid a lot of extra money to get that stuff. I read places were even sold out of CE.

Ya no, that would be undermining any person who bought the full CE because they paid a lot of money for everything including the in-game stuff.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It's highly unlikely. As a CE owner, I'd be upset if they did that. Part of why I bought the CE was the access to the CE vendor.

If you don't want the in-the-box goodies, then sell them somewhere: eBay, Amazon, to friends, or whatever. You could probably make most of the money back and whatever you didn't make back would be your "upgrade" cost. You also get the free 30 days with the new copy.

I would be rather upset by this as well. I have my C.E. had it from the start and paid for it Collectors edition means there are a limited supply of them. As it is it kinda erks me that the Cantina Vendor sells the VIP arm band for a mill 5 so any one can go up there but still its pricey and the stuff on the vendor isn't worth it in my opinion is kinda disappointing. Edited by Wolfpyre

Hey don't forget about the pre-order crystal vendor, we CE players that didn't pre-order don't have access to that. Actually a crystal vendor like the one that was in the game before 1.2 release as a purchasable upgrade would be nice. WTB White crystals! Actually, WTB silver-black crystal, hey there was at least one silver lightsaber in the novels.

5x->:rod_rodian_p::rak_03: to you if you can name the character without looking it up.

Edited by lumuni

It will not ever be available. You want the CE stuff you need to buy the CE. Its not rocket science.

• 2 months later...
Who would really get up-set if they made it so you can buy it via internet. I bet they can make a lot more money that way and for the people who would cry over it need to open the lid to their box and realize there is a world out there.

• 1 month later...
Who would really get up-set if they made it so you can buy it via internet. I bet they can make a lot more money that way and for the people who would cry over it need to open the lid to their box and realize there is a world out there.

Besides, they could just charge the difference between a regular box and the CE and I think people would be happy and all you, "You shoulda bought the CE in the beginning!" folks wouldn't have anything to whine about if they paid the same $ as you.

25? You are so close to 30 which Gamestop sells it for if you can find a local store still with copies. Even on eBay you can get sealed copies for a little more than that too. Plus someone linked another place online selling them for 35 including shipping.

And they add 30 days to your sub. So you'd be better off buying it the way I said above.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo