Anyone ever done a Christmas theme??

CaptRogue

I was wanting to do a Christmas theme for one of my strongholds for the upcoming season but am not sure what all you would decorate it like.

Basically could use some ideas.

So far I'm decorating my Nar Shaddaa SH.

I have the Life days stuff. Fireplace. All that.

I'm wanting it Christmas themed or just festive & also just normal. Basically like you would decorate your house for a Christmas party. Usable. I don't do packed/chaotic.

I haven't done a specific Christmas/Life Day theme but every year I bring out my Life Day decos. Some replace decos that are already there, ex, the holo tree I have in my Tatooine stronghold gets swapped with a Life Day holo tree, and the ceiling light is swapped for the Life Day globes. In others I specifically left spots open for Life Day decos when I was decorating. Such as, I have a spot set aside in my BH's apartment on Rishi where a Life Day tree will go. It would be nice if there were some wall decos. Like, some ribbons you could hang on the wall with a medium hook. I'm with you on not going overboard. I try to make my Life Day decos fit into the existing theme of the stronghold.

I haven't done a specific Christmas/Life Day theme but every year I bring out my Life Day decos. Some replace decos that are already there, ex, the holo tree I have in my Tatooine stronghold gets swapped with a Life Day holo tree, and the ceiling light is swapped for the Life Day globes. In others I specifically left spots open for Life Day decos when I was decorating. Such as, I have a spot set aside in my BH's apartment on Rishi where a Life Day tree will go. It would be nice if there were some wall decos. Like, some ribbons you could hang on the wall with a medium hook. I'm with you on not going overboard. I try to make my Life Day decos fit into the existing theme of the stronghold.

Yeah.

I honestly don't even have it decorated yet. I'm just working on it as I go with the Christmas theme. I had an idea about a Christmas party...so be nice to have it decorated...

SO need more Christmas/Life Day decos this year...would be great!

Any other decos you use for Christmas that aren't really Christmas?

I decorated my Umbara train as a Christmas train and just leave it that way, so it's ready for parties every year.

It's on the Satele Shan server, look for Winter Holiday's Vacation Retreat.

Well I can't see it sadly as I have not bought Umbara & only have completed it once. lol

Does that really lock you out of Umbara strongholds? Wow...

There is only 1 terminal for the Umbara stronghold, and that is the one behind the locked gate on Odessen, so unless people have unlocked the access to the terminal, they cannot see the public listing for Umbara strongholds.

You can however give keys to people.

Edited by SPrime

Yeah.

I honestly don't even have it decorated yet. I'm just working on it as I go with the Christmas theme. I had an idea about a Christmas party...so be nice to have it decorated...

SO need more Christmas/Life Day decos this year...would be great!

Any other decos you use for Christmas that aren't really Christmas?

There are a couple Life Day decos I want, such as the fireplace and the model train, all of my other decos consist of trees, holo and planted, and the ceiling globes. Other than those mentioned and the Life Day Reveler the others don't really interest me. We definitely need more Life Day themed decos. I'd really like to see some wall mounted stuff. Just no Wampa heads.

I redecorate parts of my Tatooine resort for Life Day. Replace the potted plants and ceiling lights with Life Day ones, replace some of the fountains with the large icicle decoration. Last year I had a little toys-and-presents display: holo tree with the train going around at the center, surrounded by a few model pets (e.g., model sandcrawler, model skiff) that look like toys, plus the Engraved Reliquary and Tribal Chest that, in context, kind of resemble wrapped presents.

The other useful non-Life Day decorations that come to mind are the snowy paintings (Hoth, White Scalene from the Gree reputation vendor, maybe Alderaan since it has the snow-capped mountain), the Spacer's Wall Lights, which have four points but are slightly reminiscent of snowflakes, and the Sith Ice Sculpture from the Conquest Vendor (if its kneeling stature doesn't clash with your theme too much). The Stone Wall from the Martial Decoration Droid is a bit frosty, so looks cool (excuse the pun) if you cover the walls of a room with them (they fit on medium narrow hooks!). You can also use the snow-climate animal mounts and pets (e.g., tauntauns, tundra nekarr cat, ice trompers, rimefrost whitefang).

I decorated my Umbara train as a Christmas train and just leave it that way, so it's ready for parties every year.

It's on the Satele Shan server, look for Winter Holiday's Vacation Retreat.

I'm definitely going to look for that!

Edited by Mireleni

There are a couple Life Day decos I want, such as the fireplace and the model train, all of my other decos consist of trees, holo and planted, and the ceiling globes. Other than those mentioned and the Life Day Reveler the others don't really interest me. We definitely need more Life Day themed decos. I'd really like to see some wall mounted stuff. Just no Wampa heads.

I have a few fireplaces. They're great!

I sold the toy train deco (I think that's what it was: Umbara Model Train?) last year. Back when I didn't do too much for SH; decos worth more to me sold. lol Only have Manaan completed. Working on NS, but I'm thinking Coruscant might be better for Christmas theme.

Any suggestions?

I have my lounge already done. Been working on my "garage". (No Christmas theme, just garage. lol)

I have a few fireplaces. They're great!

I sold the toy train deco (I think that's what it was: Umbara Model Train?) last year. Back when I didn't do too much for SH; decos worth more to me sold. lol Only have Manaan completed. Working on NS, but I'm thinking Coruscant might be better for Christmas theme.

Any suggestions?

I have my lounge already done. Been working on my "garage". (No Christmas theme, just garage. lol)

One thing I thought about while I was Life Day'ing my strongholds this weekend (decided to get a jump on it since Saturday was the 40th anniversary of the first airing of the Holiday Special), the crystal formations (Utility --> Crafting), primarily the red and green but others could work too, would be good Life Day decor. They're not too expensive on the GTN (the most expensive on SF, as of the time of this post, is a Green Diaphanous Crystal Formation for 450k). My Tatooine stronghold is setup as a force users enclave so most of my crystal formations are already in use (I didn't think outdoor plants worked too well on Tat, so I placed crystals instead), but it's something for you to consider.

Really wish we had some wreaths, strands of lights, and ribbons or tinsel wall decos.

One thing I thought about while I was Life Day'ing my strongholds this weekend (decided to get a jump on it since Saturday was the 40th anniversary of the first airing of the Holiday Special), the crystal formations (Utility --> Crafting), primarily the red and green but others could work too, would be good Life Day decor. They're not too expensive on the GTN (the most expensive on SF, as of the time of this post, is a Green Diaphanous Crystal Formation for 450k).

Oh right, red and green crystals are great, and red and green datacrons (strength and endurance) can be nice, too. There are some red and green wall lights, but they may be difficult to get in large quantities. You could experiment with putting together trophy decorations that have red and green hues (e.g., Gharj for red, Writhing Horror for green).

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya atm im building a Xmas NS base and its going fine on Satele Shan names Velvet ***** its not finished think it got it listed as holiday retreat atm, you will know its mine the minute you load in, not to give it away but you'll see the Emperor straight away with his dad :) hope you find it

Enjoy

I finished mine finally. I made a bad but fun choice for location. Fun because I made use of the train SH on Umbara. Bad because the majority of the player base can't even browse this SH still locked behind a door on Odessen. With that out of the way.

Server: Satele Shan

Stronghold: Holiday Train's Vacation Retreat, (Umbaran Mobile Base)

I tried to do my best to work with the hook placement available. I also tried to deck it out but at the same time keep it simple. Usually I like to use the better npc decos to breathe a little life into SH's. But with Umbara the hook placement was fairly frustrating unless you were interested in making a commuter train. So minimal npc's a lot of Life Day trees and enough color to make it festive.