Time to turn Rest experience gain back on for Level 50's?

Gidien

With the upcoming bump in level to 55 should we not get rest exp accumulation turned back on for level 50's? Before 1.2 I believe we still had rest exp at 50, didn't really do much which may be why it was removed. Thoughts? :rak_02:

It's February. 1.7 isn't even on the test server. And there's still not a lot of details even known about Rise of the Hutt Cartel. So I think it's still a bit early to do this. Maybe early April you can start pushing for this change, when it's closer to the nebulous release date of the expansion? Edited by SnoggyMack

It will take 3 days tops at four hours a day to get from 50-55 (given the current experience scaling) if you take your time. If you are in a hurry it can probably be done in one day with a long play session. The rest experience really won't be needed. It's only ONE planet. :rolleyes: Edited by Urael

Still not sure why they took it out for us, i wish we could still gain rested xp at 50, otherwise it's useless. so we'll get it at 51, then they'll turn it back off at 55? stupid if that's the way it works.

Seems to be the way it's done in WoW and other MMORPGs. So you are "slowed down" for one level on your first character through the new content. Stop and take a look at what's new instead of rushing to an end game that will continue to be lack luster at best. :cool:

Edited by Urael

I guess you could leave alts at 49, but for the most part are level 50's will be geared out very well ad will progress at a faster pace then someone who has rested exp from grinding up from 1 to 55, instead of just 50-55.

On a sidenote rested xp effects only xp from kills, the majority of the experience we get comes from quests.

Still not sure why they took it out for us, i wish we could still gain rested xp at 50, otherwise it's useless. so we'll get it at 51, then they'll turn it back off at 55? stupid if that's the way it works.

Its not that it gets turned off and on per se. Its that since you no longer gain xp the game has no reason to give you rested xp. Once you can again gain xp at 50 it will give you rested xp as well. Hopefully we start with full rested xp although it wouldnt surprise me if we dont. WoW doesnt do it that way, you want rested xp you gotta rest to get it lol.

M

It will take 3 days tops at four hours a day to get from 50-55 (given the current experience scaling) if you take your time. If you are in a hurry it can probably be done in one day with a long play session. The rest experience really won't be needed. It's only ONE planet. :rolleyes:

I agree, but I would not be suprised, that some speed leveler is not 55 in 6 to 8 hours, some folks can burn through content like crazy.. I know I am gona take my sweet time, who knows how long it will be before we get anything new after the expansion..:)

I've got about 5 50s now and just before Makeb plan to leave em all in cantinas. my first char'll likely not benifit from rested XP. but the others will. will will make repeating the content slightly faster.

that said if you're really despirate to plow through the new content fast you can also buy XP increase bonuses from the GTN reasonably easy. I reccomend stocking up now because they're gonna become rare as you have massive demand from people who are trying for "server firsts"