Was this a good time to re-sub?

tdmaha

So I went ahead and re-subbed after about 4-6 months away due to RL events (buying a house, getting married ect. Ect. ) but those have all settled down now so was looking forward to coming back.

Well I didn't read the forums and also know forums are not the best place to get accurate info due to both haters and fanbois. So my question is was this a good time to come back? I'm on Shawdowlands and hoping to find a good guild do people still run sm/hm ops? I have a 55 sorc and 55 merc both were well geared back when I played. I am hoping all the Swtor dead talk and no content threads are a little exaggerated.

So I went ahead and re-subbed after about 4-6 months away due to RL events (buying a house, getting married ect. Ect. ) but those have all settled down now so was looking forward to coming back.

Well I didn't read the forums and also know forums are not the best place to get accurate info due to both haters and fanbois. So my question is was this a good time to come back? I'm on Shawdowlands and hoping to find a good guild do people still run sm/hm ops? I have a 55 sorc and 55 merc both were well geared back when I played. I am hoping all the Swtor dead talk and no content threads are a little exaggerated.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's not. :(

From my personal experience, the game is just as alive now as it was months ago. Note however that we are currently in something like a "content hole", we haven't had a new operation since October, the current patches only add nightmare mode, and we'll probably have to wait until October or December to get a new operation.

However, if you still need to equip your toons, you'll definitely find that there is more than enough to do in this game. Starting next week, we are getting new Cartel packs, a new event, as well as all of the older events coming back. You missed the earlier subscriber bonus, so make sure that you are subscribed on July 15th, that way you'll get the exclusive rewards for the upcoming Housing expansion in August.

Have fun in-game! :)

Well at least I'm only out $14.99 if that's the case...

Don't worry about him, he's just the latest in a series of trolls trying to spread hate on this forum. Everytime you see a thread in General by a user account higher than 12 million that only contains negativism, feel free to ignore it; it is not true. ;)

Edited by Jerba

From my personal experience, the game is just as alive as it was months ago. Note however that we are currently in something like a "content hole", we haven't had a new operation since October, the current patches only add nightmare mode, and we'll probably have to wait until October or December to get a new operation.

However, if you still need to equip your toons, you'll definitely find that there is more than enough to do in this game. Starting next week, we are getting new Cartel packs, a new event, as well as all of the older events coming back. You missed the earlier subscriber bonus, so make sure that you are subscribed on July 15th, that way you'll get the exclusive rewards for the upcoming Housing expansion in August.

Have fun in-game! :)

Yeah saw I missed the 1st bonus didn't pay any attention during my hiatus wish I would have. Well hopefully after work I can jump on and find a decent guild to join. Thanks for the info on the next bonus date.

To be honest, Early April to Early May would have been the better time. 500 and 1000 bonus CCs and extra stuff for GS.

Well at least I'm only out $14.99 if that's the case...

look at the name of that poster. then go check their posting history. and then decide if you want to listen to them.

is this a good time to resub? it could be, especially since there's a subscriber early access reward coming up for strongholds - the housing that they are adding.

if you are looking for a guild - check out server forums here, there are usually recruitment posts there. you could also go with general chat recruitment - up to you. depending on what you are looking for in a guild really. if its doing progression raiding or pvp, I'd go with forums, as you can get a feel which guilds actualy manage to accomplish things and which are just a group of people for the sake of group of people.

look at the name of that poster. then go check their posting history. and then decide if you want to listen to them.

is this a good time to resub? it could be, especially since there's a subscriber early access reward coming up for strongholds - the housing that they are adding.

if you are looking for a guild - check out server forums here, there are usually recruitment posts there. you could also go with general chat recruitment - up to you. depending on what you are looking for in a guild really. if its doing progression raiding or pvp, I'd go with forums, as you can get a feel which guilds actualy manage to accomplish things and which are just a group of people for the sake of group of people.

Yeah noticed his name after I replied...and pretty much disregarded his comment. Yeah looked at the guild recruitment forum saw a couple and will try to make contact with them. General chat in most mmos for guild recruitment is always a crap shoot and I never accept the blind invites.

Though I wouldn't say that this....

Don't worry about him, he's just the latest in a series of trolls trying to spread hate on this forum. Everytime you see a thread in General by a user account higher than 12 million that only contains negativism, feel free to ignore it; it is not true. ;)

...is a fair sentiment to make, I would say that this.....

....is fair since that can be done with anyone, myself included. If you ever question anyone's motives it is always a good idea to check their post history. I ask folks to check mine all the time to confirm whether or not my intention is actually to provide constructive feedback.

I do not think that a persons lack of time on the forum dictates whether or not they are credible.

Getting back to the original question, I personally think the game is at yet another possible jump off point.

I feel that GS was disappointing as potential lost, but strongholds could prove to be the key to upward movement. So I personally think your timing is good if that sort of thing interests you.

Edited by LordArtemis

It's ALWAYS a good time to resub! Welcome back :)

This gives you a chance to experience the upcoming events over the summer and familiarize yourself with the game again before any new content arrives at the end of the year.

Though I wouldn't say that this....

...is a fair sentiment to make, I would say that this.....

....is fair since that can be done with anyone, myself included. If you ever question anyone's motives it is always a good idea to check their post history. I ask folks to check mine all the time to confirm whether or not my intention is actually to provide constructive feedback.

I do not think that a persons lack of time on the forum dictates whether or not they are credible.

Getting back to the original question, I personally think the game is at yet another possible jump off point.

I feel that GS was disappointing as potential lost, but strongholds could prove to be the key to upward movement. So I personally think your timing is good if that sort of thing interests you.

lack of time is not what I meant and you know it :) I was pointing out the fact that the ONLY thing they seem to post is how much they think TOR sucks. why would you EVER listen to an opinion of someone who is 100% negative? that, honestly implies bias.

People typically go online to complain about things; this is not just in regards to MMOs, but in every aspect of life.

I read what people say but try to weed the emotional stuff, sometimes complaints can be legit and also be constructive.

This game is fun and there is more to do than had been offered in the past so its better now than it was, and if you just resubbed you may be able to get that Nar Shadda Palace when it comes out. You may want to check the dates

Not a bad time to resub, not at all. :cool:

lack of time is not what I meant and you know it :) I was pointing out the fact that the ONLY thing they seem to post is how much they think TOR sucks. why would you EVER listen to an opinion of someone who is 100% negative? that, honestly implies bias.

I indicated your comment was fair Jeweledleah IMO. The unfair comment, tied with the "time" comment was for another poster. Check the post again.

Edited by LordArtemis

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's not. :(

Speak for yourself. I too was away for several months and I just subbed back in a couple weeks ago. This game has never been in better shape. I took a fresh start on a new server and am having a great time.

Speak for yourself. I too was away for several months and I just subbed back in a couple weeks ago. This game has never been in better shape. I took a fresh start on a new server and am having a great time.

Better shape? Can you elaborate? Servers have never been emptier...

I'm optimistic though, I believe it's the lull before the storm, so I think it's a great time to come back and familiarize yourself with the game, but between your departure and return, nothing changed except less and less people play.

I'm optimistic though, I believe it's the lull before the storm, so I think it's a great time to come back and familiarize yourself with the game, but between your departure and return, nothing changed except less and less people play.

My pvp server is dead.

Edited by TORtanked

There is a good new bunch of content., the game runs more smooth than it did before. I moved to a server that is just about always populated. It has been a really fun return for me.

My pvp server is dead.

Mine is too...GSF has almost completely stopped popping and WZ's can take 30+min at just 11pm Central time. But it's not just PvP...it's GF queues too. Friend and I sat in GF queue for about 45 min TUESDAY night, without a pop...

There is a good new bunch of content., the game runs more smooth than it did before. I moved to a server that is just about always populated. It has been a really fun return for me.

Ebon Hawk? I'm glad you liked the move...did you transfer a toon for your Legacy?

The server populations do seem to be a bit lower....and I indicated recently why I though that was the case. But I think overall the game is still in a reasonably healthy state....certainly head and shoulders above the state it was in under the old management.