Wait...wait wait wait wait, Mako is only 16?!

TheHeat

So I was reading up on some SWTOR characters on Wookiepedia the other day when I noticed that they've apparently given some characters canonical birthdates in the Star Wars timeline. That's when I noticed this. According to this Mako was born in 3,659BBY, but the main storyline of SWTOR only begins in 3,643BBY (source) which is only sixteen years later...

The implications here are a little creepy for anyone who romanced her. Maybe slightly less creepy if the Bounty Hunter is supposed to be around the same age (there doesn't seem to be any definitive answer on that), but judging by the voice I doubt it. Ew...

inb4 Chris Hansen appears on my ship.

Well, has Mako disappeared from the bridge to go get you some lemonade or change into swimwear?

If yes, you may have 20 or so Imperial Troopers waiting for you when you dock at Fleet:p

Edited by Stressfire

Well, if we want to be strict in our arguments w/r/t canon, remember that Mako is an SiS clone. The SiS are Republic. It's been established in canon that the Republic has used Kaminoans to make clones (albeit in the future of this timeline; however it can be argued that the Mako clone project could have set a precedent). Not only that, but it also seems that Kaminoans are one of a very few races who actually clone.

From what we know about Kaminoans, they use age acceleration in their cloning process so as to make the clones more economically viable as they are ready sooner. Accepting this, it is no stretch to assume that Mako and her "sisters" were, therefore, age accelerated as well. So, while her chronological age may be 16, her actual biological age could be 20+ realistically. Couple that with any age- accelerated training she may have received, and it's plausible to posit that she has the maturity of someone in her early to mid-20s as well.

Hopefully this suffices as a means to assuage any guilt you may feel.

tl;dr: It's make believe. Get over it.

Many of the romances in this game look oddly underage. Nadia, Ensign Temple, Kira, Mako, Ashara.... they're all your apprentices or understudies, they're all incredibly youthful, and your characters will violate each and every one of them.

Bioware has a strange view of what their fans want in a romantic interest.

Edited by Zakaan

Many of the romances in this game look oddly underage. Nadia, Ensign Temple, Kira, Mako, Ashara.... they're all your apprentices or understudies, they're all incredibly youthful, and your characters will violate each and every one of them.

Bioware has a strange view of what their fans want in a romantic interest.

Yea, this always bothered me somewhat. I guess they were targeting a younger audience (kinda odd if you think about, I'm pretty Star Wars is more popular with older generations).

don't panic she is 19,she is actually even older than torian,who is 18.

for your interest these are most of the ages i remember for female companions:

jaesa:21

vette:21

kira:20

nadia:22

mako:19

risha:21

elara:26

temple:24

at the end of the story all of them are 1 or 2 years older (depends on the act)

Edited by _biddan_

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. I have a female merc and a male PT. Flirted with her on my PT a few times and it felt like a 40 year old man hitting on a teenager. She doesn't even respond naturally or playfully as if she has any interest, which makes it just that much more awkward...

I'd rather just let Mako and Torian hook up. Besides, Bioware doesn't exactly understand the definition of the word "Flirt"... tested out the flirt option every opportunity on my agent and... yeah... I feel like kind of a whore...

Agreed. I have a female merc and a male PT. Flirted with her on my PT a few times and it felt like a 40 year old man hitting on a teenager. She doesn't even respond naturally or playfully as if she has any interest, which makes it just that much more awkward...

I'd rather just let Mako and Torian hook up. Besides, Bioware doesn't exactly understand the definition of the word "Flirt"... tested out the flirt option every opportunity on my agent and... yeah... I feel like kind of a whore...

She does later. Early on she's just too focused and doesn't think relationships with someone you work with are a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...