Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

UI - Recommendation Window & Altered Chat Window - NO THANKS!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
UI - Recommendation Window & Altered Chat Window - NO THANKS!

Sarova
05.16.2020 , 07:25 AM | #1
Just logged into the PTS and find you've added yet another forced item that I don't want on my UI. What is the point of the "Recommendation Window"? I don't need or want it BUT of course there's no option to disable it in the Interface window; it can only be reduced in size which for me is still useless. I can't even move it to an area of the UI where I won't see it. My UI is set with my character pane at the top because it helps me visually so adding this unremovable rubbish is not helpful.

EDIT:
Also why have you changed the chat window open/close icon? It's now at the top of the window so when I close mine I have the icon just hovering at the side of the instead of the bottom out of the way.

Pictures of my dissatisfaction:
Recommendation Window: https://imgur.com/a/aX71A94
Chat thing: https://imgur.com/a/CqPZdDS
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Option to Switch off Vendor Icons In Strongholds
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Darittha
05.25.2020 , 07:00 AM | #2
why "fix" something that isnt broken and worked perfectly for the past 8++ years?

if u wanna change something like this, i suggest to make it optional because from what ive seen id rather stick to the old chat window.

Estelindis
05.30.2020 , 06:30 PM | #3
I prefer the old chat window too.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

BenKatarn
06.01.2020 , 10:08 AM | #4
I can do without these new UI changes. It worked for 8+ years like this, don't just change it now on a whim. So far, all the UI changes over the years have generally done more harm than good. It's a waste of development time, not to mention that this new bar looks out of place and worse than all the other UI components.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -

Darittha
06.24.2020 , 10:42 AM | #5
so 6.2 just came out and i hate the new UI window with a passion as i knew i would. again i ask: why change something that worked perfectly for 8+ years? i want the option to get the old one back.

jankiel
06.25.2020 , 03:27 AM | #6
Please revert. Old one was good and new one is ugly and badly designed and useless.

Carba
06.26.2020 , 07:52 AM | #7
Reading between the lines, I infer the dev team lost a resource who understood the original UI code. So, now they are afraid to touch it. That is all I can figure to explain why two separate UI features have now been introduced that are not integrated with the base UI and that are bothersome to almost all players.