Best Healing Duo for 8 Man Operations?

If you're asking which combination will bring you the most success, bring your two best healers, no matter the classes. Strictly from a class synergy standpoint, sages and commandos bring buffs that don't stack if you have two sages or two commandos, but scoundrels don't have this drawback. Due to this, two scoundrels works well together, or any mix of two different classes. Due to the power of the sage's AoE heal, many groups I've run with like to take one sage plus one tech healer. Of course, if you have two very good commandos and a mediocre scoundrel you'll likely have more luck with the commandos than one commando and the scoundrel, despite the better synergy in the scoundrel and commando team.

Sorc with the other two classes are the best choice for a majority of content. This is due to the fact that the sages AoE can heal over 10k if someone were to crit all eleven times it ticks over ten seconds or potential 80k eith all 8 people in the circle. The sorc is also built great for toping off the dps and the tanks. Operatives and merc's are the go to tank healers and those are the only ones they should ever need to heal if the sorc and dps are doing their job. Taking them away from the tanks is not beneficial when a sage should be group healing and keeping the dps alive.

Basically

Sorc+Operative= well balanced team, slightly more heated towards raid healing. [personally my choice healing team]

Sorc+Merc= well balanced raid and tank healing team.

Merc+Merc= Tank only heals [aka in most operations a very bad mix]

Merc+Operative= minor raid wide damage and focused tank heals.

Operative+Operative= also a very well balanced team between raid and tank heals, requires a high level of skill to utilize correctly though.

Sorc+sorc= high raid damage, but lack of burst healing along with overlapping buffs.

Edited by mastirkal

I’m a sawbones, I am normally partnered with a Sage, but have completed all operation up to NIM EC with all different combinations. I am more of the opinion that all the healing classes are very well managed and as long as the player is decent class does not matter. However, certain fights are easier with a Sage partner. However, some of these may have more to do with the player and not the class. SOA and Ciphas, Heirad and Kel’sara seem easier with a Sage and Sawbones; Firebrand and Stormcaller and The Terror From Beyond seem easier with 2 sawbones; Operator IV is easier with a commando and sawbones. Again, I am pretty sure this has more to do with the player, the commando I play with is also very good tank and great dps player. So on Operator IV when healers need to do a lot of dps, this ability comes shining through. The rest of the fight as far as I am concern doesn’t matter on the combination of healers. From my understanding Sages and Sawbones are easier to play than a commando, so if the player is average or below, then those may be the way to go, but if the player is good then class does not matter.

My favorite combination is 2 sawbones, but it is more the fact that I love my sawbones more than it being an optimal combination. Although with a slinger in the group, 3 flybys are a lot of fun on trash pulls and all the CC’s and stealth can make trash nonexistent.

I've had the pleasure of raiding with top tier healer players of all classes and by far my favorite combination is the sage/scoundrel combination for any situation. when the group is taking raid wide damage, the sage's aoe will keep everyone top's up whilst the scoundrels fast burst healing will top up those in trouble.

if there is a high damage situation where the tank is low the sage can bubble whilst the scoundrel burst his big heals or the scoundrel can spam emergency med pack allowing the sage to get his long cast's off.

having a healer of all 3 class's i can say that when a sage/sorc is apart of an raid team, the need for spamming constant heals is reduced. two sage/sorc's is no good either due to their long cast abilities.

in saying that there are some fights which other pair's are better but i find the sage/scoundrel to be the best all rounder pair

I prefer Sorc and Merc myself. Kolto Reside + Revivification is awesome (even better when 2.0 hits and Kolto Pods is live).

That said, any combo of Sorc + Tech healer is good, particularly for cleanses - Sorcs can cleanse Force, Mercs/Ops can cleanse Tech, either can cleanse Physical and Mental.

In my experience any two healers work great, however the Sage's AOE healing (at least til 2.0) is far superior and takes a lot of pressure off, especially if they use their Force Armor (bubble) as a heal instead of an "oh crap!" button. It should be the first heal they cast.

Pair a Sage with another Sage and all rejoice in heal goodness! Double AoEs, can keep the entire Ops bubbled, easy!

Pair a Sage with Commando: Commando is a very good single target healer, let them focus on the main tank, Sage raid heals and bubbles.

Pair a Sage with Scoundrel: Similar results as Sage/Commando but the Scoundrel is mobile as hell and can heal on the run, really helps with tank swapping and certain bosses that require movement.

two sage/sorc's is no good either due to their long cast abilities.

This isn't correct as if they are doing the long cast heals they are doing something wrong.

Sage should start with Force Armor (instant).

Follow up (depending on placement) with an AoE heal to get things moving on the majority of the group.l

But their main heal is the instant cast HoT and their channeled heal. The long cast heal should only be used in emergencies (and generally with the auto-crit buff turned on). If should NOT be their main source of healing.

Two Sages are excellent together. They only need to bubble 4 people each instead of 8 so they save tons of Force. Their AoEs stack.... its a win-win.

In my experience any two healers work great, however the Sage's AOE healing (at least til 2.0) is far superior and takes a lot of pressure off, especially if they use their Force Armor (bubble) as a heal instead of an "oh crap!" button. It should be the first heal they cast.
Bubble is great, Sage's AoE heal is great, but neither is far superior to any other healing class. Don't get me wrong, I love the golden puddle and I love the bubble, but any decent commando or scoundrel can get the exact same results as a Sage. So they may be slightly better than KC, SRM or EM, but they are far from being far superior. Slightly better, I will give you that.

This isn't correct as if they are doing the long cast heals they are doing something wrong.

Follow up (depending on placement) with an AoE heal to get things moving on the majority of the group.l

But their main heal is the instant cast HoT and their channeled heal. The long cast heal should only be used in emergencies (and generally with the auto-crit buff turned on). If should NOT be their main source of healing.

Good luck healing anything you aren't terribly overgeared for with moderate to high tank damage as a 2 sage team never using deliverance. Rejuv and HT have cooldowns, FA functionally has a cooldown from the debuff, and salv has less single target hps than deliverance.

Two Sages are excellent together. They only need to bubble 4 people each instead of 8 so they save tons of Force. Their AoEs stack.... its a win-win.

If you're bubbling everyone in the raid all the time you're wasting a bunch of force.

I know with our Raid group we were able to use two sage healers to clear EC NiM and they did an excellent job all the way through. I do however agree that the best combo in my opinion is the Sage/scoundrel team. Now this is dependent on the fact that the two work together to compliment each others abilities. Overall though a skilled healer of any class teamed with another skilled healer of any class is the way to go!

[...] especially if they use their Force Armor (bubble) as a heal instead of an "oh crap!" button. It should be the first heal they cast.

[...]

But their main heal is the instant cast HoT and their channeled heal. The long cast heal should only be used in emergencies (and generally with the auto-crit buff turned on). If should NOT be their main source of healing.[...]

Sorry to say Sir, but it seems like you have not a clue about sage/sorc healing at PVE :(

If you're asking which combination will bring you the most success, bring your two best healers, no matter the classes.

We can quibble about the differences between the classes, but one of the things I love about the PvE in this game is that this is really true. As a Sorc, I used to think my favorite partner was an Operative, but it was simply because my experiences with Mercs and other Sorcs were with subpar healers. My current favorite partner? The other healer in my guild, who happens to play a Sorc too.

That said, I do think teams without one Sorc/Sage do have to work a little harder. Sorcs are theoretically balanced in having the best AoE heals in that they have the worst tank heals. But as gear progresses, tanks maximizing survivability greatly diminishes the need for crack tank healing, but DPS survivability increases so marginally that AoE healing difficulty never really decreases.

So in the end there is a higher premium on AoE healing ability than tank healing ability (in most circumstances). It's really splitting hairs though, since the content is obviously complete-able by Sorc-less teams, and definitely doesn't justify bringing a mediocre Sorc over a good Merc or Op. I suppose it does give mediocre Sorcs an edge over mediocre Mercs and Ops though!

Good luck healing anything you aren't terribly overgeared for with moderate to high tank damage as a 2 sage team never using deliverance. Rejuv and HT have cooldowns, FA functionally has a cooldown from the debuff, and salv has less single target hps than deliverance.

I agree that not using Delivrance is bad, but the one telling that 2 sorces/sages is bad is clueless. I heard some noobs, on the general chat on my server, telling me that "TfB HM with 2 sages is asking to wipe" when we were farming this OP with 2 sages while these noobs had issues in downing the 3rd boss with a full 63 set. When we killed the last boss for the first time, I was the best geared in my guild, with 2 DG pieces.

If you're bubbling everyone in the raid all the time you're wasting a bunch of force.

I agree.

On a side note : in my guild, we don't care about which classes are the 2 healers. We don't assign a healer to a tank, or a side, or a sage to the group, etc. We're asking them to work together and heal whoever needs to be healed, without losing too much heals in overheals. I will never understand the point of creating 2 groups of 4 during a raid.

bh and op in my opinion are best team having all 3 in bh/deth guard gear

and done some ec hm ops with sorc healer menage to out heal him with my merc healer on each fight up to 30% sopously damn good healer had beter gear and menage to finish all ops (im still strugling with top end due to lack of time to play)

On a side note : in my guild, we don't care about which classes are the 2 healers. We don't assign a healer to a tank, or a side, or a sage to the group, etc. We're asking them to work together and heal whoever needs to be healed, without losing too much heals in overheals. I will never understand the point of creating 2 groups of 4 during a raid.
Wow...I agree with Hovergame for once. :p

I hate being assigned, even when the raid leader tells me to heal a certain group, I say alright and then heal anyone that needs healing within my range. I just consider being assigned to a group as it is my job to keep my group in my range at all times, that does not mean I can't heal the other group if they are in range or if they are close enough so that I can get them in range without putting my group in any danger. Would rather do that than deal with a wipe.

Edited by mikebevo

bh and op in my opinion are best team having all 3 in bh/deth guard gear

and done some ec hm ops with sorc healer menage to out heal him with my merc healer on each fight up to 30% sopously damn good healer had beter gear and menage to finish all ops (im still strugling with top end due to lack of time to play)

Absolutely a Merc healer is just as good as any other class and can heal anything in this game.

That said, if your "outhealing" is going by total heals in Mox or something, that's not necessarily the same as *effective* healing.

That said, if your "outhealing" is going by total heals in Mox or something, that's not necessarily the same as *effective* healing.
We have a new sage healer in our group that kills me in HPS, but when you look at group logs, I have more effective heals, take less damage and do more dps. I thought sawbones were terrible at overhealing until now. ;)

Although I don't worry about overhealing as long as energy management is under control.

Edited by mikebevo

Sorry to say Sir, but it seems like you have not a clue about sage/sorc healing at PVE :(

Actually, it's clear that YOU are the one who has no idea. Healing trance should always be a sage's main PVE heal. If it isn't, you're doing it wrong.

Absolutely a Merc healer is just as good as any other class and can heal anything in this game.

its total heals and the fact that im healing his grup and my one on z&t on tank switch my tank has most of times 90-100% hp when his normly abouth 30 we used mox for 4h and each time i had 10-30% more heals then he did wot suprise me he did acomplishe more in game then i did bean playing heal from beta in this game and think all healers are same if utilized in a good way at the end of a day it counts the skill of a person playing

Edited by Brutal