Tanks need some lovin from the community

Payday-Massacre

Hello,

I gladly call The Bastion my home in SWTOR. I rolled 7 tanks on this server and enjoy taking the beats on behalf of my group in hardmode flashpoints and operations. Sadly I'm finding that, in 61/63 gear, the repair bill is ridiculous. I'm not broke or anything like that...I do my dailies on all my characters. However, when I am tanking for mediocre dps and I sit there and take a beating, the repair bill is "stupid". What I want to know, from The Bastion community, is how every dps and healing class would feel about passing on premium (greens) quality items so that tanks can sell to help with repairs.

Here is a decent example. Directive 7 "speed: run. Loot yield 2600 credits approx. Repair bill 4200 credits approx. Thats with a crew of tionese dps. Yes, the daily hardmode flashpoint mission gives almost 14k...but why should a tank's yield be less than dps and heals?

Haha yes I put my crew skills to use...but I think you're missing the point.....dps and heals will always turn a profit just by acquiring credits from trash and bosses when grouped with a competent tank. The flashpoint run SHOULD pay for itself.

And a tank will make the same amount too when grouped with competent dps. And face your repair bill is a ton less then what it was last year at this time.

Haha yes I put my crew skills to use...but I think you're missing the point.....dps and heals will always turn a profit just by acquiring credits from trash and bosses when grouped with a competent tank. The flashpoint run SHOULD pay for itself.

And a tank will make the same amount too when grouped with competent dps. And face your repair bill is a ton less then what it was last year at this time.

I'm not talking about how many credits a tank will MAKE, regardless of how competent the dps is. I'm talking about how many credits its going to COST the tank. I'm quite aware of the difference in repair bills now compared to this time last year.

Edited by Payday-Massacre

Seems like a legitimate claim, what would you suggest then? Tank armor has greater/more resilient durability than other sets? That's not something that would become unbalanced or anything.

I never thought of proposing anything like that. I like where you are coming from though. Maybe changing it so that the durability penalty occurs upon defeat only? Let the ideas flow. However, I'm looking for an immediate resolution to this discrimination. Tanks are the dead horses that get beat with the baseball bat. A group could show appreciation by passing on the 2 or 3 green items that drop through the course of a hardmode flashpoint. I'm not saying the superior or epic quality items...just the crappy greens that nobody needs.