Crafting-My Pet Peeves

Ninja_Amnesty

There are a couple things I find a little annoying. I am kind of wondering if anyone else does as well. Maybe if there are enough people that make mention it can get tweaked.

1.Reverse Engineering

Some crew skills can reverse engineer an item multiple times. The only way to know that you have exhausted the number of schematics for a particular item is by crafting an item and mousing over it to see if there is a chance for it or not. This takes a lot of unnecessary time and resources especially when going back and trying to find out what you still need to RE. I propose that you be able to mouse over the item in the crew skill menu before you make it and be able to know if there is a schematic that can still be learned from RE.

2. Sorting

When looking through the schematics I own, I always sort by level. Unfortunately this is not the default, difficulty is. After any loading screen or toon hopping it always goes back to sorting by difficulty. Does anyone even like sorting by difficulty? Once at max level is there really a need to sort by difficulty? I guess I am always making mods for my alts so I find sorting by level much more appropriate so I can spot the mods I need to make for whatever level my toons are. Not really a big deal here, just a pet peeve and a minor annoyance to always have to change the sorting. I wish there was a way to save my settings.

To your second point yes that's actually been a concern since the game went live that there's no way to save that option to sort through your schematics. Everyone was hoping that with the GUI configuration updates that would be available but alas it has not been implemented.

Another option i'd like to see in that crafting window as well, would be a filter so i can search for schematics, that are all in the same lvl range or that all have a certain attribute.

ie show me all the lvl 37 gear that i can craft whether it's light, heavy, or medium.

or show me only the pieces that have + crit, or + alacrity

As a response to your #1 item...

You don't need to craft it to find out if there are additional RE schematics from an item. There are 3 Tier 1 RE advances which are notated by prefixes/words in front of the item name. Overkill, Redoubt, Critical.

Once you go from green to blue and get those 3 results, you're done with that stage. Each of those "blue" schematics have another round of RE in them that yield 5 results each.

See this list from a link in a Crew Skill forum sticky:

Redoubt (+Defense)

-Anti-Armor (+Defense, +Surge)

-Exactitude (+Defense, +Accuracy)

-General's (+Defense, +Presence)

-Veracity (+Defense, +Shield)

- ?????? (+Defense, +Alacrity) (This is the missing Tier 2 Prefix)

Critical (+Critical)

-Endowment (+Critical, +Surge)

-Fervor (+Critical, +Accuracy)

-Leadership (+Critical, +Presence)

-Supremacy (+Critical, +Alacrity)

-Tempest (+Critical, +Shield)

Overkill (+Power)

-Commander (+Power, +Presence)

- Expert (+Power, +Surge)

- Hawkeye (+Power, +Accuracy)

-Rampart (+Power, +Shield)

-Vehemence (+Power, +Alacrity)

Hope this helps.

I have a couple to add to the list:

1. When I hover over the name of the item in the left hand pane of the crafting window, it should show me the tool-tip of the item. Having to go back and forth clicking on each one to figure out if its the one with crit and surge or surge and accuracy is annoying.

2. Is there a way to queue up REing multiple items that don't stack?

Ah to have sort by level as default would be grand.

+1

Does anyone in this entire game prefer sorted by "difficulty" rather than "level"? Especially considering that if you sort it by level, the difficult ones will STILL be on top!

+1

Does anyone in this entire game prefer sorted by "difficulty" rather than "level"? Especially considering that if you sort it by level, the difficult ones will STILL be on top!

Yeah, the sorting default is a bit nonsensical. I think it's left over from when they only sorted by difficulty... which is not really a relevant statistic except when you're leveling the skill, and even then, it's usually the highest leveled items.

Speaking of levels though... it seems like in addition to all that rakata junk, the high level crafters ought to be able to craft really awesome items for levels 1-10. It seems silly that you don't get crafting until level 9 at the earliest, and the items you can craft then are ok, but by the time you can make better versions of them, you're several levels beyond needing them. Instead, they should have maxxed out crafters able to craft items for lower levels. They could even be Bind to Legacy.

At the very least, it would make sorting by difficulty make sense again. ;)