Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I have a few gripes about the OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent > Operative
I have a few gripes about the OP

Bound_by_Rage
03.15.2013 , 11:00 PM | #1
I enjoy playing stealth and shanking the sh** outa our enemies. Its fun, but it feels odd in multiple places. First off, why do we get skills that req. cover if we don't use cover, but stealth? 2nd, why isn't Shiv/Corrosive Dart baked in together for Ops early on so we don't have to blow an extra gcd? I can understand it being separate for Snipers because they are ranged and it fits, but it doesn't seem right in melee range as a primarily melee choice spec. And it just feels clunky to boot, but I guess the Op is pretty broken anyway, without sustained dps.

Fearine
03.16.2013 , 09:56 AM | #2
Yeah, it would be nice if Probe could be used outside cover.
But cover has nice uses. You can roll in cover to avoid/approach someone.
Cover to heal yourself.
You can cap a node or plant in cover so the incoming Warrior cannot leap on you (The experienced ones will intrerupt you of course but the typical Smashbot will clicking his Charge like crazy ).

About Shiv/Dart I would prefer to keep them like this and apply Acid Blade to Shiv.... but I ask too much from Bioware.

Now about the sustained DPS. Georg Zoeller said once that Concealment Operatives are 5% far from a Marauder.
I guess all the planet around him has a perception problem if we still cannot figure out his metrics.
Bioware's famous metrics revealed:
Q: Someone told me his son (George Lukas) played the game.
Answer: (Bioware) Yeah I heard that too. A lot of us with teenage kids try to get them to explain things to us.