PT move should give Dooku more scenes

Slowpokeking

He's a cool character, I like him better than Lee's Saruman, but the movies gave him too little time and space. We have to look at the EU to know him well, especially how did he fall to the Dark Side and how did he lead the Clone Wars. The first Hobbit movie gave Saruman(before corruption) a few minutes, not going to spoil on the details. Too bad they could not change EP I or make movie before that. Edited by Slowpokeking

I think Lee's Saruman was far better than the Dooku he was forced to portray, but on topic.

I always believed that at the end of TPM, he should have gotten involved by killing Maul AND betraying Jinn in-front of Kenobi, killing Maul allows him to become the Apprentice of Sidious and killing Jinn both fulfils the Sith tenant and forces Kenobi into Anakin's master role, instead of someone who would have had much better success, this would allow the PT to not be the villain of the week deal it was and put much more emotion into the characters than we had, it also allows for Kenobi to have his own real storyline where he tries to prove Dooku's betrayal.

I also think Maul could have been done better, instead of just having him running a round trying to get the Queen, have him kill off important Jedi on remote worlds, who can pose a threat to Sidious' plans, which gives a REAL start to the whole mystery of the Sith storyline, underneath these layers, we have the real mastermind doing exactly what we already see him do in the PT.

I also wouldn't have bothered with Greivous, he was there for like three proper scenes, having Dooku in a far more prominent role throughout the trilogy would have been more effective.

I think Lee's Saruman was far better than the Dooku he was forced to portray, but on topic.

Nobody forced him, actually he preferred to play Gandalf rather than Saruman.

His performance of both characters are good, but LotR gave Saruman enough scenes to show his character but PT didn't give Dooku enough.

Saruman was a great role for Lee but i must admit that Dooku was a joke in the movies, when you watch the Clone wars cartoon show, you really see and feel that Dooku is powerful and a great Sith lord but in movies he was kinda week and has a secondary role in everything.

i read Darth plagues(Book) and i really enjoyed the part of Dooku discussing the failure of the Jedi order and republic.

Saruman was a great role for Lee but i must admit that Dooku was a joke in the movies, when you watch the Clone wars cartoon show, you really see and feel that Dooku is powerful and a great Sith lord but in movies he was kinda week and has a secondary role in everything.

i read Darth plagues(Book) and i really enjoyed the part of Dooku discussing the failure of the Jedi order and republic.

Lee's performance is very good, just didn't have enough scenes.

He was portrayed well in 2D CW as well.

Dooku is the most under-rated awesome villain in the Star Wars universe. I loved him as a character, and he's one of the very few things from the prequels I don't completely despise. I love his saber technique; I like that he's an old, calm, gentlemanly evil man who uses proper and relaxed fencing techniques.

I agree with one of the posters above though, we really do get to see some cool stuff with him in the Clone Wars. Does anybody remember when he fought Ventress and just force ripped the sabers from her hand and cut them in half?

Dooku is the most under-rated awesome villain in the Star Wars universe. I loved him as a character, and he's one of the very few things from the prequels I don't completely despise. I love his saber technique; I like that he's an old, calm, gentlemanly evil man who uses proper and relaxed fencing techniques.

I agree with one of the posters above though, we really do get to see some cool stuff with him in the Clone Wars. Does anybody remember when he fought Ventress and just force ripped the sabers from her hand and cut them in half?

Yes, and that's the 2nd fight, in the 1st fight he showed us Force Flight, and one shot Ventress with lightning.

half?

This.

Count dooku was handsome however he was just a (and sorry for the gaming reference) a midboss.

Someone we kill on our way to bigger and badder.

I cant say for the clone wars as i dont get that on tv but from what i hear i am glad i cant see it as it ruins the entire star wars frantice.

Edited by internaty

Dooku has a pretty big role in the time period of the films. Darth Plagueis, The Clone Wars, and Eps 2 and 3 have a lot of stuff about him.

I wish Maul had been in more than one episode :(

@internaty: Regarding the Clone Wars, you have been really misinformed. It adds so much to the SW universe - although some of the eps are a bit boring, the stronger ones are almost as good as the movies. I highly recommend it :)

Edited by revansowns

Dooku has a pretty big role in the time period of the films. Darth Plagueis, The Clone Wars, and Eps 2 and 3 have a lot of stuff about him.

I wish Maul had been in more than one episode :(

@internaty: Regarding the Clone Wars, you have been really misinformed. It adds so much to the SW universe - although some of the eps are a bit boring, the stronger ones are almost as good as the movies. I highly recommend it :)

It's still a bit childish, at least many episodes are. Some episodes and characters are cool such as Satine.