Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA cancelled the open-world Star Wars game their Vancouver studio was working on

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
EA cancelled the open-world Star Wars game their Vancouver studio was working on

DarthDymond
01.16.2019 , 07:39 PM | #1
EA Cancels Star Wars Open-World Game - Report

My enthusiasm for this open-world game pretty thoroughly dropped off when they took Amy Hennig off of the project, but it's still sad to hear that they seem to have gutted it. I'm still hoping Jedi: Fallen Order ends up being good, but it's baffling to me that so few Star Wars games have been put out by EA since they secured the exclusive rights.

inb4 "everything Kotaku says is a lie" (since that's the original source of the news)
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Remenents
01.16.2019 , 08:18 PM | #2
Let's be honest, its EA... are we even a little surprised? Because I know I sure am not.

VelvetSanity
01.16.2019 , 09:08 PM | #3
Itís EA, so theyíre probably only doing enough to convince Disney to let them renew the contract so other companies canít use the IP to be a viable competitor.
Pre-CU Bria refugee
Syvari Lun - Cathar Jedi Sage
Darth Vaccina - Twiílek Sith Sorceress