Why are the non force users not suited for KOTFE?

adormitul

I mean their not weak in any way thing about it each of them are the best of the best in their profession. There is no bigger BH the the champion, there is no more capable smuggler then Voidhunter, no better soldier then Meteor and not better spy then Chipher 9 which was also confirmed by the devs.

I mean really this guys are awesome so why are they not good for KOTFE. And for people who say that jedi are way stronger then force users I will give the example of Jango Fett and the half a dozen jedi he killed with his bare hands until you all understand most of them are not and are certainly inferior the the non force using classes.

Edited by adormitul

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have no imagination and we don't know how much the future episodes will feature the talents of non-force users yet.

Chapter 10 will be a big gauge of how important skills like the ones Cipher Nine has gained will be to the storyline.

My personal hope is that certain episodes will make certain classes shine more than others so that the class story vibe is back in style for a bit as the story goes.

Alexander Freed confirmed as much that Agent will feel different on Chapter 10 than other classes, so I'm confident that will be the case.

The most common explanation is that force users (more specifically, the Knight and Warrior) have closer ties to the Emperor and therefore have a higher stake in figuring out what happened to Vitiate. Furthermore,

someone who is not force-sensitive being possessed by a force entity

rubs some the wrong way, but since every living thing has a connection to the Force, it is not impossible for that to happen.

People always bring up that Jango bit, not realizing that it was during the middle of a battle he did that. He didn't take them all 1 on 1 directly, aside from 1 and that was after the battle had been over.. :rolleyes:

At any rate, story wise as said, the Force Users have more connection than the Non-Force Users do.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

People always bring up that Jango bit, not realizing that it was during the middle of a battle he did that. He didn't take them all 1 on 1 directly, aside from 1 and that was after the battle had been over.. :rolleyes:

At any rate, story wise as said, the Force Users have more connection than the Non-Force Users do.

Why does it matter it was in the middle of a battle? Was he not outnumbered and outgunned and if not 1 vs 1 how did he took them 1 vs 6?

For me it's because it makes Vaylin and Arcann look stupid. If they're really causing that much trouble why don't either of them just crush their heads or choke them? They don't have Force walls and even if they did Arcann has broke through the Force Walls of the other PC's. It just ruins the immersion IMO.

For me it's because it makes Vaylin and Arcann look stupid. If they're really causing that much trouble why don't either of them just crush their heads or choke them? They don't have Force walls and even if they did Arcann has broke through the Force Walls of the other PC's. It just ruins the immersion IMO.

My theory is that do crush the heads and choke someone you have to have the opportunity to do it but under constant fire you at most can do a force push. Also think about it if you wanna force choke someone do you not leave yourself open to a counterattack from a shot?

My theory is that do crush the heads and choke someone you have to have the opportunity to do it but under constant fire you at most can do a force push. Also think about it if you wanna force choke someone do you not leave yourself open to a counterattack from a shot?

They could just pull your weapon away? Even a Force Push would do because they could just ragdoll or choke you from that point.

Because everyone has their own opinion on this issue or what they consider to be an issue. Personally my smuggler is my main, and up till now I've only gone through KOTFE on my smuggler, warrior, and agent. Now if there were more differences in the KOTFE storyline I would run all my toons through KOTFE, but there aren't.

But your asking whether non-force sensitives are suited for KOTFE's story and I say yes. Does it make more sense for a force sensitive to play the role of the Outlander, I'm iffy on that one. I hate the fact that my wrath is getting tossed around like a sack of potatoes for half the story, he's a bad ***. Sure there are a few instances where I can see it, but all the time, come on.

That's where I have a problem with the story, your characters are essentially weaker then Valkorion's children and you don't stand a chance against them without Valkorion's help. Perhaps this will change later on, who knows. I can see my smuggler and agent getting hammered by these two in the beginning because normally they fight dirty against a force user to win. But my inquisitor, consular and wrath... in a straight up fight they should be able hold their own.

Where a force sensitive does make more sense is because of their role within their respective bodies of government.

My wrath is the Empires champion, while my consular is a jedi master, I can see these two having a direct hand in galactic events, my smuggler and agent, not so much. Both these two went off to do their own thing, my agent went off to become a spymaster with the black codex, while my smuggler has his own pirate fleet.

So with this in mind I feel force sensitives make more sense because of who they are in galactic events, not because they have force powers, hell even the commander of Havoc squad would fit the role of Outlander pretty well.

Also just so your aware, any non-force user has more unique lines sprinkled throughout the story, while inquisitors/warriors and consulars/knights generally have the same dialogue choices.

They could just pull your weapon away? Even a Force Push would do because they could just ragdoll or choke you from that point.

You forget that in the battle with Arcann we where not that alone we had our trusty droids helping us. He can not really focus in us without being shot by our trusty droids.

By the way droids can not be chocked they can be crushed but then he will get shot by us. And the time when we did not had our trusty droids well you know what happened.

Why does it matter it was in the middle of a battle? Was he not outnumbered and outgunned and if not 1 vs 1 how did he took them 1 vs 6?

It matters because the Jedi weren't all focusing on him, meaning their attention was divided in avoiding missiles, explosions and other Mandalorians. Which gave Jango the opportunity to take them out the way he did.

The only legit 1 on 1 confrontation he had was against the one remaining Jedi after the battle had been done. He didn't take on all 8 bare handed directly, that's just piss poor writing then and completely overlooking the fact of a Jedi's capabilities.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It matters because the Jedi weren't all focusing on him, meaning their attention was divided in avoiding missiles, explosions and other Mandalorians. Which gave Jango the opportunity to take them out the way he did.

The only legit 1 on 1 confrontation he had was against the one remaining Jedi after the battle had been done. He didn't take on all 8 bare handed directly, that's just piss poor writing then and completely overlooking the fact of a Jedi's capabilities.

Wait so took them by surprise and broke their necks and cracked their skulls without them being able to react. He used stealth or he took them head on? Also have you noticed that most jedi do not use the force to often and to use at a huge extent they need a lot of focus?

Edited by adormitul

Wanna add something in Jedi Academy probably the best game with the best mechanics that show how strong a jedi can be when you choke someone you are left defenseless from blaster shoots. Now a good option could be lighting but it was also shown that droids with shield can resist lighting like in Jedi academy. Now I do not know if their droids or super soldiers but their shield protected them.

Basically Arcann was not in a position to use any technique that could have kill the outlander until HK-55 was destroyed and that would have been the perfect moment to blast him.

Why, in my opinion it is because no matter how well trained my cypher 9 or Havoc squad CO is I just don't think there is any way that he should not be dead within 10 seconds of fighting against Arcann at least with a force using class they do have a lightsaber to fight with but blasters should be sent straight back to you and as they get closer you would simply be carved up without a second thought. Edited by Jedi_riches

I guess it depends on your view. My smuggler has no problem holding her own against a force sensitive and considering Arcann had to have my smuggler's help to kill his father, I would wonder truly how powerful he is.

It also may depend on how you roleplay the scene. In mine I didn't go do it by myself, I had my boyfriend go with me, since we like to group up, and therefore it wasn't just Arcann and me it was a group.

See that is the problem where they put everything solo and not giving an option to group up like the plantary missions. When you do it with another person, it is very easy to show that a non force user is still very capable of taking down a sith that couldn't even kill his own father.

Why, in my opinion it is because no matter how well trained my cypher 9 or Havoc squad CO is I just don't think there is any way that he should not be dead within 10 seconds of fighting against Arcann at least with a force using class they do have a lightsaber to fight with but blasters should be sent straight back to you and as they get closer you would simply be carved up without a second thought.

look at at this the non force user is keeping the distance so he will not be carved by the lightsaber and as the cutscenes show Arcann did not learn the technique to redirect blaster bolts back at the target.

Also we managed to shoot him. You know that the force users could not even hurt him?

Do you know the scene in the movie where some council member was shoot by Jango Fett and managed to deflect 2 hits but not the rest it seems not all force users learned to redirect blaster bolts.

look at at this the non force user is keeping the distance so he will not be carved by the lightsaber and as the cutscenes show Arcann did not learn the technique to redirect blaster bolts back at the target.

Also we managed to shoot him. You know that the force users could not even hurt him?

Do you know the scene in the movie where some council member was shoot by Jango Fett and managed to deflect 2 hits but not the rest it seems not all force users learned to redirect blaster bolts.

I hate to be 'that guy' but that is the worst example you could give, he was trained in Soresu.

I hate to be 'that guy' but that is the worst example you could give, he was trained in Soresu.

I hate to be that guy but he sucked at Soresu can we agree on that? He trained but did not reached a decent level of skill with it. And its a good example he knows how to deflect blasters shots if there about 2 and probably more from a unskilled shooter but can not deflect them back them back at the one who shoot.

I think Arcann has the same issue. Actually besides Kenoby and his master who else managed to do that deflecting a blaster bolt back at one who shoots it?

I hate to be that guy but he sucked at Soresu can we agree on that? He trained but did not reached a decent level of skill with it. And its a good example he knows how to deflect blasters shots if there about 2 and probably more from a unskilled shooter but can not deflect them back them back at the one who shoot.

I think Arcann has the same issue. Actually besides Kenoby and his master who else managed to do that deflecting a blaster bolt back at one who shoots it?

I doubt he "sucked" at it, but I will agree that he likely didn't master it.

As for deflecting blaster bolts back to their source, that's actually a Shien technique. From memory I know that Saesee Tiin, Yoda, Plo Koon and (IIRC) Kit Fisto have done it, I'd have to look further for more examples.

I doubt he "sucked" at it, but I will agree that he likely didn't master it.

As for deflecting blaster bolts back to their source, that's actually a Shien technique. From memory I know that Saesee Tiin, Yoda, Plo Koon and (IIRC) Kit Fisto have done it, I'd have to look further for more examples.

So Arcann does not know shien well too bad it would have been good for him as he would not have been injured. Well at least he knows form 3 quite well I probably can say he is a master of it not the master but a master.

The most common explanation is that force users (more specifically, the Knight and Warrior) have closer ties to the Emperor and therefore have a higher stake in figuring out what happened to Vitiate. Furthermore,

someone who is not force-sensitive being possessed by a force entity

rubs some the wrong way, but since every living thing has a connection to the Force, it is not impossible for that to happen.

Those people must have hated the dark temple on DK then :D

not better spy then Chipher 9

The derpiest of derpspies is a better spy than Cipher 9. The IA character isn't a spy. In Chapter 3 he's an investigator and agent provocateur. In chapter 2 he's a double agent for investigator / agent provocateur purposes. In chapter 1 and the prologue on Hutta, once again, he's an investigator and ... agent provocateur.

(I'm making a possibly artificial distinction between a spy whose mission is to gather information for his handlers and an investigator who gathers information to help advance his mission, but whose mission is something else.)

People argue that it doesn't make sense because with fighters on the caliber of Arcann can move faster than most non-force sensitives can even see. Not to mention in the cut scenes he pushes around the force sensitive classes. Using the same effort that can send the HOT flying would absolutely destroy a non-force sensitive. Also when using moves like force crush etc by some of the strongest force users it doesn't take a lot of concentration or precision. As for Jedi Knight Jedi Academy?

In the old system it's secondary canon which means only certain events and cut scenes are canon. Gameplay mechanics are not. Not to mention it isn't the most well-researched game to begin with considering in that game Luke states that using the dark side or light is just a matter of preference and it's how those powers are used that define a Jedi. This is completely wrong considering in the books this is what Luke has to say on the subject..

"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."

The effort it takes a jedi or sith to blow away a bunch of droids is no different than blowing away a non-force sensitive. It's why the most powerful sith and jedi in the lore have never been killed by a "Normal guy." in a one on one straight up fight. A droid, even a skilled droid, against top tier force users isn't going to make a lick of difference. See Grievous versus Windu and remember Windu instantly crushed grievous chest. Windu, if he wanted to, could do the same to Jango with just as little effort. Jango pulled off a good fight against Obi Wan (Who is pretty powerful in his own right) but still falls short to people like Arcann.

That being said, they need to make the story work for non-force sensitives and bioware isn't going to suddenly look to people who play them and go "lol no you die." I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it but yes. Logically in the lore our non force sensitives would be pasted by someone like Arcann.

Edited by Rhyltran