Double bladed Lightsaber hilts

Talon_Starfire

why are you straight up lying to the guy? you can make lightsaber hilts starting at lvl 11 i believe.

They weren't really lying, they were assuming that aside from the generic hilt modification, the OP was inquiring about what styles of double bladed sabers (which in this game really boils down to the design of the hilt, the various custom sabers have different hilt models, some awesome some ugly some bland some super spikey evil looking, etc). And the answer to that question was fairly accurate.

If OP is talking specifically about Hilt modifications then I will clarify some things. First off, hilt modifications made with Artifice are good in any saber, and not saber style specific. Second off, you can easily know what types of hilts will be available to craft at level 10 by taking the skill, going to your trainer, and learning what you can. But to answer the question if applied to hilt modifications, Might (high str low end) and Resolve (high will low end). You don't really get into the more specific hilt mods until later levels when the different roles become more apparent.

Another clarification to the OP, nothing you craft will rely on your level to craft. The stuff you craft will have level restrictions to use, but a Level 10 character can get a crafting profession up to 400 without ever leaving fleet and be able to make anything their profession can. So stating "At level 10" is sort of moot aside from getting across that you presumably also mean "With artifice 1"

For further information visit http://www.torhead.com/schematics/catg/3/sort/-difficulty,reqprofessionlevel

Edited by Nythain

why are you straight up lying to the guy?

Why are you a straight-up d***?

They weren't really lying, they were assuming that aside from the generic hilt modification, the OP was inquiring about what styles of double bladed sabers (which in this game really boils down to the design of the hilt, the various custom sabers have different hilt models, some awesome some ugly some bland some super spikey evil looking, etc). And the answer to that question was fairly accurate.

Thankyou.

My deepest apologies for not asking to distinguish between "hilt" upgrades and full lightsabers.

Which is what I believed he was talking about.

nothing you craft will rely on your level to craft.

Yeah youre right, I was thinking about the level to be able to wield them.

Edited by QuiDonJorn
fixing/adding

If your arifice skill is high enough, you can make the custom double-bladed lightsaber, but you can't equip them until about lvl 20, and only if you have the weapon proficiency for it.

I've made items that were too high level for my character and they were crafted just fine, I just couldn't equip them.

Edit: Now, if only I could stop getting new schematics for that weapon...

Edited by Sinapus

Can you make an upgrade of hilt and use it even if its only a generic double bladed hilt?

As long as said double bladed saber is customizable then yes. Like I said before, the hilt modifications that artifice make are used in any saber style. They won't change the appearance of the saber at all, they're just there to upgrade the damage and add stats to customizable sabers. You will know if your saber is moddable because it will have "slots" listed, with various mods in them or say Open.

Saber slots include:

Crystal - Changes color and add a stat

Hilt - Changes damage and adds primary stats

Modification - Adds primary and secondary stats

Enhancement - Adds secondary stats

Can you make an upgrade of hilt and use it even if its only a generic double bladed hilt?

OP, I think the confusion is that you are using the term "hilt" in its normal meaning, when for crew skill purposes it means something else.

Hilts made by artificers can be slotted into ANY lightsaber type: single or double-bladed. However, the lightsaber in question must be able to be modified. You will know if a lightsaber (or any item) can be modified because when you look at its stats it will look something like this:

Color Crystal

+3 Crit

Hilt <----- This is the piece that Artificers make

+4 Willpower

+4 Endurance

Mod

+5 Willpower

+3 Endurance

Enhancement*

+2 Endurance

+7 Critical

It will also NORMALLY be orange or purple colored, but companions often have green lightsabers that are fully customizable.

For double bladed lightsabers, those are used by Shadows/Assassins and the needed stats are Willpower and Endurance. The hits that those users need are called Resolve Hilt (X) or Force Wielder (X). You can start making hilts as others have said in the tweens.

* - Artificers also make enhancers but you didn't ask about those.

Edited by Master-Nala

OP, I think the confusion is that you are using the term "hilt" in its normal meaning, when for crew skill purposes it means something else.

Hilts made by artificers can be slotted into ANY lightsaber type: single or double-bladed. However, the lightsaber in question must be able to be modified. You will know if a lightsaber (or any item) can be modified because when you look at its stats it will look something like this:

Color Crystal

+3 Crit

Hilt <----- This is the piece that Artificers make

+4 Willpower

+4 Endurance

Mod

+5 Willpower

+3 Endurance

Enhancement*

+2 Endurance

+7 Critical

It will also NORMALLY be orange or purple colored, but companions often have green lightsabers that are fully customizable.

For double bladed lightsabers, those are used by Shadows/Assassins and the needed stats are Willpower and Endurance. The hits that those users need are called Resolve Hilt (X) or Force Wielder (X). You can start making hilts as others have said in the tweens.

* - Artificers also make enhancers but you didn't ask about those.

What colour Lightsaber crystal can I make first I have the yellow founder one but I'm still quite new to swtor?

Thanks

What colour Lightsaber crystal can I make first I have the yellow founder one but I'm still quite new to swtor?

Thanks

You will get recipes from your Artifice trainer whenever you level up Artifice high enough to unlock said recipes.

You can be a level 10 character and 400 artifice, there is no restriction on that.

Also when talking to your crafting trainer, there is a dropdown box that will show ALL recipes and then you can hover over them for their levels that you need to be in Artifice to create them.

But to answer your question directly, I THINK the first colors that you are able to craft are blue and green, I might be wrong though since it's been a while for me.

Edited by Thundergulch

You will get recipes from your Artifice trainer whenever you level up Artifice high enough to unlock said recipes.

You can be a level 10 character and 400 artifice, there is no restriction on that.

Also when talking to your crafting trainer, there is a dropdown box that will show ALL recipes and then you can hover over them for their levels that you need to be in Artifice to create them.

But to answer your question directly, I THINK the first colors that you are able to craft are blue and green, I might be wrong though since it's been a while for me.

Is Endurance better for Khem Val or Critical?

Thanks

Just wondering how you have all those toons, and founder status, but new to the game?

:confused:

I have 3 toons trying to work out what skills to take for my Assassin & I feel new to the game & I am founder because I preordered the game but haven't played much. I need some skills good for RP as well as practical purposes. I know Biochem is the best for saving money but for RP I'm thinking Cybertech or Artifice to either fix/upgrade my ship or do the same with Double Bladed Lightsaber.

Thanks all for help.:):sy_empire:

Edited by Talon_Starfire

Hi,

Am I able to make mods for Lightsabers with Cybertech or does that require Artifice?

Thanks

Depends on the mod. Cybertech can fill the "modification" slot for lightsabers. Artifice will fill the "crystal" "hilt" and "enhancement" slots.

Every moddable weapon will have slots:

Crystal

Hilt/Barrel

Modification

Enhancement

Moddable armor will have these slots:

Armoring

Modification

Enhancement

Moddable offhands will have various combinations of the two, depending on the type of offhand. I know for sure the power generators and shield generators have:

Crystal

Armoring

Modification

Enhancement

But i don't remember if moddable focus (if there even are any?) use the same setup.

And, to cover what makes what...

Artifice:

Crystals

Hilts

Enhancements

Armstech:

Barrels

Cybertech:

Armoring

Modification

And I'm not gonna take the time to elaborate on Augmentation Kits and the various types of Augments to fill the Augment Slot that the Kits will add to gear.