Mako is a [Spoiler]

AshlaBoga

So I just finished my BH's romance arc with Mako (until 2.0 comes out anyway) and discovered she was a clone.

I suspected this since back on Dromund Kaas when we were attacked by 2 Mako lookalikes but was willing to just accepted the idea of Mako being a quadruplet. After we discover that Mako is one of a dozen (duodecaplets) I really fairly certain that she was a clone - even in Star Wars 12 identical twins is unlikely. When Coral confirmed it in Act 3 I was really hoping the twist would be that Coral was actually a clone and that Mako was the one and only original. Really, I was almost certain they'd reveal this when I spared Coral (or killed her if DS) but... NOTHING.

What did you guys/gals think of the whole "Mako is a clone" thing?

According to Coral, Mako is a clone, and Coral the original. But it may be wrong, Coral is kind of psycho and a liar.

Anyway, I feel it lack of closure. Why clones ? SIS work ? What happen to Mako ? How many still alive/at large ? Is she some sleeping agent and will go rampage on the ship ?

And about the romance, there is like 2 conversations once done, one for "oh we are alone in the ship" and the next is "let's have a wedding !". That's a bit short. No kid talk, nothing. And once the romance is done, you have the generic "you're great" conversation, which mean you marry first, then she say you are "an OK guy".

According to Coral, Mako is a clone, and Coral the original. But it may be wrong, Coral is kind of psycho and a liar.

Anyway, I feel it lack of closure. Why clones ? SIS work ? What happen to Mako ? How many still alive/at large ? Is she some sleeping agent and will go rampage on the ship ?

And about the romance, there is like 2 conversations once done, one for "oh we are alone in the ship" and the next is "let's have a wedding !". That's a bit short. No kid talk, nothing. And once the romance is done, you have the generic "you're great" conversation, which mean you marry first, then she say you are "an OK guy".

In regards to how many are still alive/at large I completely missed the possibility of that because I just excepted Mako's (quite possibly erroneous conclusion) that she and Coral were the last ones. Clearly they were they were last ones who's DNA Certificates were on file with the SIS, that doesn't mean there aren't more of them.

I can't believe I didn't consider this before, good catch Erei!:mon_cool:

• 1 month later...

Yeah, she's obviously a clone. I'm not sure whether it's even important if she's the 'original' or clone #12, seems like the whole batch was some bizarre experiment.

What's weird is how oblivious Mako seemed about the whole thing. After dealing with Coral she's like, 'Wow! What was Coral talking about being the original and I'm a copy!" And my BH was just like, "...um, don't think about it. She was just being crazy! Let's go now!"

I was expecting there to be another conversation with that SIS guy (who said he needed to talk to Mako) where we'd learn just who/what she is, why she was made, and most importantly, is the SIS going to try to take her back since she probably has some secrets locked in that cyberbrain. I've finished the conversation arcs for a number of companions, can't think of one that has such an open ending as this.

Poor Mako. Discovering she's a clone should be the final straw to break the the perky, naivete out of her. Unless that perkiness was cloned right in there or something.

I HOPE MAKO IS NOT A CLONE because it doesnt feel right to have her as a clone so people of SWTOR plz don't have mako as a clone in the future of the game PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, bro. She's a clone. Deal.

But seriously, it doesn't make her any less of a person. She was part of an SIS cloning experiment. I would, however, like some more backstory on the experiment itself, and how she ended up on the mean streets of Nar Shaddaa in the first place. Something having to do with Coral, is all we've been told.

Yeah, she's obviously a clone. I'm not sure whether it's even important if she's the 'original' or clone #12, seems like the whole batch was some bizarre experiment.

What's weird is how oblivious Mako seemed about the whole thing. After dealing with Coral she's like, 'Wow! What was Coral talking about being the original and I'm a copy!" And my BH was just like, "...um, don't think about it. She was just being crazy! Let's go now!"

I was expecting there to be another conversation with that SIS guy (who said he needed to talk to Mako) where we'd learn just who/what she is, why she was made, and most importantly, is the SIS going to try to take her back since she probably has some secrets locked in that cyberbrain. I've finished the conversation arcs for a number of companions, can't think of one that has such an open ending as this.

Poor Mako. Discovering she's a clone should be the final straw to break the the perky, naivete out of her. Unless that perkiness was cloned right in there or something.

I get the feeling there is more to come in Mako's story, tbh. Just a hunch I have. :)

Sorry, bro. She's a clone. Deal.

But seriously, it doesn't make her any less of a person. She was part of an SIS cloning experiment. I would, however, like some more backstory on the experiment itself, and how she ended up on the mean streets of Nar Shaddaa in the first place. Something having to do with Coral, is all we've been told.

Yeah so what if she's a clone! She's had her own experiences and is her own person. She's certainly nothing like Coral.

I hope she is a clone. That might lead to some interesting characterization, and allow the player character to take a stance on wether or not clones are as good as the real thing. It'd be kind of lame if Mako turned out to be the "real" one, wasted opportunity.

• 3 months later...

It is quite possible that Mako is indeed a clone. Remember, she's in a universe with a planet that can create tens of thousands of clones, and seeing how Kamino wasn't removed from the galactic republic's databanks until just prior to the prequel trilogy, it's just as plausible for the republic to be conducting experiments on said planet.

With that in mind, is it bad if she was a clone? My answer: HELL NO! It wouldn't make her any less of a person. After all, as we all know, there was a man who was born a clone who grew up to become one of the most recognized and most powerful bounty hunters to grace the galaxy. :csw_fett:

Edited by MrStarkillr

I have a question: When on Dromund Kaas are you attacked by Mako look alikes? Is that after you have been to Dromund Kaas the first time before you head off to Balmorra or when your in the lvl 30's (my BH is only level 17 so havent played much of the BH story yet). However I think it will be interesting to see how the character develops if they have Mako as a clone and not the real deal.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question: When on Dromund Kaas are you attacked by Mako look alikes? Is that after you have been to Dromund Kaas the first time before you head off to Balmorra or when your in the lvl 30's.

As I recall it's around level 40, about the same time I was doing Quesh/Hoth.

So I just finished my BH's romance arc with Mako (until 2.0 comes out anyway) and discovered she was a clone.

I suspected this since back on Dromund Kaas when we were attacked by 2 Mako lookalikes but was willing to just accepted the idea of Mako being a quadruplet. After we discover that Mako is one of a dozen (duodecaplets) I really fairly certain that she was a clone - even in Star Wars 12 identical twins is unlikely. When Coral confirmed it in Act 3 I was really hoping the twist would be that Coral was actually a clone and that Mako was the one and only original. Really, I was almost certain they'd reveal this when I spared Coral (or killed her if DS) but... NOTHING.

What did you guys/gals think of the whole "Mako is a clone" thing?

Kiss her.

If it tastes like the real thing.... wut da problem iz?

Edited by BlazingShadow

• 3 months later...
Actually Mako may not be a clone because if u look back she said she found her birth certificate while poking around in Classified Republic Databases so she may not be a clone

Also could of been a fogery, or they made one up when they created her. In the end however, I don't think it matters.

• 8 months later...
My feelings were more like "She's a CYLON!" but that may just be my geekiness ^^

I saw Coral and literally said "Frakking Toasters...."

But Mako is like that one sleeper who kills off her internal "sleeper" personality.

She's a pretty well done romance, IMO. I like romancing her much better than romancing Torian with my Fem.

I made a new BH just for the romance story.....and to troll people...

BEHOLD P'SY, GRAND CHAMPION OF THE GREAT HUNT! :eek: