NO NO NO Cutsie Pets OMGoodness NO!

SilentumX

Please tell me there are far more people who dislike cutsie pets than those who do?!!

Cutsie pets ruined Aion and I am not alone... a mass exodus occured when NCSoft intrduced cute pets ... why?

BECAUSE WE WANT IMMERSION!

I realize it is silly to go on about this when there are so many bugs and basic MMO components missing. Please address the these things and implement Star Wars worthy pets. I miss my Gorax.

Please reply no matter which way you feel. I'd like to know if Bioware is doing proper research.

Edited by SilentumX
I'm a moron at times.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pets in WoW were a huge thing when I played. Certainly didn't reduce the player base. Unless they did and cross server LFG didn't... oh noes... now I have to choose!!

uhoh..you just mentioned wow on these forums...

inb4crazedfanboys

I'm amped for the new non-combat pets that are coming. Baby tauntaun? CANNOT WAIT!

As for the "non-cutesy" pets - I think that the minimech CE and the mouse droid are kinda cute already.

Hoenstly, if someone quits over optional non-combat pets being added to the game, that's kinda pathetic.

Please tell me there are far more people who dislike cutsie pets than those who do?!!

Cutsie pets ruined Aion and I am not alone... a mass exodus occured when NCSoft intrduced cute pets ... why?

aion was already ruined before the cutsie pets, it was ruined because of the cutsie players "ow noes me noes like open pvp, nerf pvp".

The cutsie pets were just a drop in an already filled bucket of QQ.

Now back to swtor : However I dislike cutsie pets I see no issue with it. In Aion you also had the option "hide other player pets". SWTOR simply has to add that option and both sides are happy.

How is adding non-combat pets a bad thing?

You've ruined his immersion by not having the game be exactly the way he wants it without having to go to options and choose not to see your pets. Honestly, some of you people need to stop being so self centered and focus on what's important here: the OP and what he wants.

BECAUSE WE WANT IMMERSION!

The fastest way to pull us out of the game is to have a bunch of Pokemon, Hello Kitty, Care Bear looking pets. This is the one time I will refer to SWG. They got it right, our pets came from our environment not the toy store.

Please BIOWARE and LUCASARTS ... read this post and run your numbers again. Do not kill this wonderful game and turn it into MarioKart!

I realize it is silly to go on about this when there are so many bugs and basic MMO components missing. Please address the these things and implement Star Wars worthy pets. I miss my Gorax.

Let the kiddies play Roblox and Lego Star Wars for the cutsie stuff.

Please reply no matter which way you feel. I'd like to know if Bioware is doing proper research.

Ok... "There are far more people who dislike cutsie pets than those who do".

Note the above is an untrue statement, but you asked for it. (you even said please!)

Seems pretty obvious to me that there's far more people who either a) don't care one way or another or b) want them added.

My personal guess is it goes:

Don't care > Want it > Don't want it > Don't want it so much they make childishly subjected threads on the General board. ;)

Edited by Jerid

How is adding non-combat pets a bad thing?

It's totally not cannon, Star Wars is gore, and death, and blood! There's nothing cute in Star Wars! Think of the damage this is going to do to peoples..... IMMERSION!!1!

The empire wasn't brought down by a bunch of creepy teddy bears either.

aion was already ruined before the cutsie pets, it was ruined because of the cutsie players "ow noes me noes like open pvp, nerf pvp".

Well, me and some friends unsubscribed instead, cause of the grief high level player groups practiced in the Abyss, so I'm not sure how true your statement is.

Back to topic.

As for those who want a collection of minipets, why deny them that pleasure?

It's not like anyone is forcing anyone to have them or display them.

Edited by Mineria

I want a little jawa riding a tauntaun.

Or just a little jawa guy.

Blizz can have a little brother!

Actualy, you CAN get a jawa pet Imp side.

On Tatooine, there's a mission where you need to find a Jawa Shaman. In the mission you capture them and then take them back to the cave entrance.

If you just ignore the guy at the cave entrance, your Jawa pet will follow you around even outside the Instance :D

I think it's on a timer though (those "Tag along NPCs" for missions usualy have a 45 minute countdown on them that you can see in the quest objectives window)