QoL: Master Mode (Nightmare) Operation Mount Drop Rates and Consistency

Specifically this thread is about the imbalance of the drop rates of MM final boss mounts between Explosive Conflict (EC), Terror From Beyond (TFB), Scum and Villainy (S&V), Dread Fortress (DF), and Dread Palace (DP).

I won't lie, this thread is going to be clearly bias in my interests as a Nightmare raider who currently has the DF and DP mounts on multiple characters, but does not have the EC, TFB, and S&V mounts on a single character.

Basically, it is of my opinion, that the Helix Hyperpod from TFB, Titan 6 mount from S&V, and Avalanche Tank from EC should be guaranteed last boss drops from those operations matching that of the Wings from DF and Rancor from DP. I understand that some players may disagree because that would diminish the rarity of the mounts however I think the rarity of the mounts should be held in actually being able to kill these bosses, not in both killing the bosses & fighting hard RNG. I've killed all of these bosses more times than I can count, but I can count having seen the Hyperpod drop only twice, Titan 6 twice, and never seen the Avalanche Tank. As a matter of fact, I've heard (only rumor) that the Avalanche Tank has been seen more in both Story and Veteran mode than it has in Master Mode which is troubling.

Further argument for this has to do with encounter difficulty and length. The shortest and hardest (in my opinion) gives a guaranteed drop, where as some of the longest or easiest encounters give extremely rare to seemingly no chance to receive a drop. I understand maybe some people would think well the easier it is the lessor a chance it should drop, and honestly, I can agree with that, just not to the current levels, especially given some of the encounter lengths when we're looking at one fight being 9 min at most where as others sit upwards of 13 minutes or even 16-17 minutes.

Like I said, this thread is clearly bias in my own interests but I cannot see a logical reason why 2 of the 5 mounts are guaranteed and 3 of the 5 are crazy rare.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it makes you feel any better I got the Avalanche tank back in 3.0 cause no one else wanted it :) as everyone had it already.

The Eternal Championship Rancor is also rare and people dont want it to be a fixed drop.

Edited by merovejec

If it makes you feel any better I got the Avalanche tank back in 3.0 cause no one else wanted it :) as everyone had it already.

The Eternal Championship Rancor is also rare and people dont want it to be a fixed drop.

To be fair, back in 3.0 you could almost 2 man EC.

Also, I seriously doubt that's gonna make him feel better :D:D:D:D

To be fair, back in 3.0 you could almost 2 man EC.

Also, I seriously doubt that's gonna make him feel better :D:D:D:D

What I meant to say is that there was this time when theses rewards were silly easy to get and its a hard topic then. Many people got it in that period. I guess with Devs bringing back the old PVP season awards makes people think they can ask for such things.

What I meant to say is that there was this time when theses rewards were silly easy to get and its a hard topic then. Many people got it in that period. I guess with Devs bringing back the old PVP season awards makes people think they can ask for such things.

I'm sure PvPers would be happy if the ranked tokens were a RNG thing, if you won the match?

You still have to do NiM to get them, and the annoying part is that I've seen some of them randomly drop in a GF (avalanche tank, titan 6 mount)... yet you warstalker/dragonslayer and nope, no mount.

Wings/Rancor drop every time (CZ blade has a 50%ish chance to drop in HM, guaranteed in NiM)... and I think that's the way it should be - that way if you're able to down that boss, you can get your team their mounts.

I'm sure PvPers would be happy if the ranked tokens were a RNG thing, if you won the match?

You still have to do NiM to get them, and the annoying part is that I've seen some of them randomly drop in a GF (avalanche tank, titan 6 mount)... yet you warstalker/dragonslayer and nope, no mount.

Wings/Rancor drop every time (CZ blade has a 50%ish chance to drop in HM, guaranteed in NiM)... and I think that's the way it should be - that way if you're able to down that boss, you can get your team their mounts.

This is just my opinion, but i feel like if the team is able to beat the boss in the NiM setting they all deserve to be rewarded said item, such as the wings or the dreadmaster helm.

I fully support this idea that nim mounts have a 100% chance to drop in NiM, and 0% chance to drop in SM and HM, NiM mounts should be a guaranteed reward for completing the hardest bosses in this game like Wings, Rancor, and Crest is.

I fully support this idea that nim mounts have a 100% chance to drop in NiM, and 0% chance to drop in SM and HM, NiM mounts should be a guaranteed reward for completing the hardest bosses in this game like Wings, Rancor, and Crest is.

Sadly, these hardest challenges isn't holding its target.

I was wondering when you would show up here. Your idea was for them to drop in SM, no? Cause its WAY OLD CONTENT, right? :)

from what i saw im absolutly convinced he is a huge troll. dont feed him, tho.

ot: im not a fan of increasing drop rates of any kind of mount or pet from OPs and FPs at all. just makes them more common and decreases their value for people who put all the effort into it to get the specific mount/pet(i know its pure grind after you cleared it once, but what else have good raiders gotta do in this game nowadays).

titan 6 in gf? i want evidence......

titan 6 in gf? i want evidence......

I would like to see that too. I have experienced one such troll that actually tricked the people for a bit. There was this one patch when DP NiM dropped Wings and then someone in one raid channel said that Wings dropped on SM. This caused a server wide panic as everyone went into DF SM to see if its true. Luckily it was a troll, but a good one.

Never actually seen it happen on SM.

crazy enough, last week, our guild did 2 times last boss tfb with locks, and helix hyperpod dropped the 2 times - this week we did timed run and no mount.

i would say if BW doesnt want to make it a garanteed drop, at least make some tokens drop, so mounts can be bought, just like they will do with Ranked gear from previous years - or make it a garanteed drop on timed runs for example.

ot: im not a fan of increasing drop rates of any kind of mount or pet from OPs and FPs at all. just makes them more common and decreases their value for people who put all the effort into it to get the specific mount/pet(i know its pure grind after you cleared it once, but what else have good raiders gotta do in this game nowadays).

I don't see how making NiM mounts drop 100% would decrease their value. You still have to beat the boss in NiM in order to get it to drop, whether it's 100% guarantee or not. What really decreases their value is when people buy a run and get carried to it so they get it without putting the work in, but I don't see anyone advocating for stopping sales runs from happening. All this would do is ensure the people who put the work in to learn the fights and master their class to beat the boss are rewarded for it. This already happens in DF and DP. Why can't it also happen in EC, TFB, and SnV?

As for FP drops and anything from ops besides mounts, does anyone actually care how "rare" or "valuable" they are? Would you care if suddenly the Nightmare Kell Drake or Deep Wriggler were infinitesimally more common than they already are? Do you even know which operations those drop from? There are so many CM pets that are similar that it's basically impossible to tell without actually clicking on the pet itself. Flashpoints are so easy that there's no barrier to getting the mount/deco drops from them other than RNG at this point. And I don't think most people could even name which ones drop from which FP. Seriously, the rarity of these drops isn't going to affect the rest of the game at all.

but what else have good raiders gotta do in this game nowadays).

Pretty much this. My group is farming NiM-mounts for over a year now using a wishlist and the demand is still there. It's the only content we have so leave it as it is. Hyperpods and Titan 6 are very rare and should stay rare as long as there is no other rare Master Mode Mount.

The Heavy Avalanche Tank is a different story. While Hyper Pod and Titan 6 (around 20% Dropchance) are somehow farmable, I just saw the HAT once in 5.0. And I visited Denova many many times. I'd say we did an Explosive Conflict full run at least 50 times with numerous Kephess-clears in addition since 5.0 launched. I would support a slight increase, regarding the fact that the dropchances were insanely high during 3.0. Lifting it on a level with the Hyperpod or Titan 6 would be sufficient in my opinion.

If you are able to beat this content, look out for a group and ask this group to do farm runs once content is cleared. Initially, we had the rule, that every group member is entitled to one unique Master Mode mounts of each type (Rancor, Wings, Hyperpod, Titan 6). As soon, as this task was finished, we went on with the above mentioned wishlist. In the last 18 months, I killed the TFB more then 150 times and got three Hyperpods for myself. With the above mentioned 20%-chance applicated, there have been 35 Hyperpods for our current 12 raid members, including one for a recent sale-raid-buyer who got it in our first attempt.

So the point I am trying to make is: If you are a Master Mode-raider, you should have no trouble in getting at least one of each mount in a decent amount of time.

Finally, this thread is very close to one of those numerous "game too hard please nerf"-threads and posts wavering around in this forum. No, the game is not too hard. If you were not able to get the stuff you want, you haven't tried hard enough.

Edited by Exocor

No, the game is not too hard. If you were not able to get the stuff you want, you haven't tried hard enough.

This, with how easy nightmare content is these days and how overgeared we are you can easily run the last bosses on characters you only play to an average level and get even more chances for mount.

Pretty much this. My group is farming NiM-mounts for over a year now using a wishlist and the demand is still there. It's the only content we have so leave it as it is. Hyperpods and Titan 6 are very rare and should stay rare as long as there is no other rare Master Mode Mount.

The Heavy Avalanche Tank is a different story. While Hyper Pod and Titan 6 (around 20% Dropchance) are somehow farmable, I just saw the HAT once in 5.0. And I visited Denova many many times. I'd say we did an Explosive Conflict full run at least 50 times with numerous Kephess-clears in addition since 5.0 launched. I would support a slight increase, regarding the fact that the dropchances were insanely high during 3.0. Lifting it on a level with the Hyperpod or Titan 6 would be sufficient in my opinion.

If you are able to beat this content, look out for a group and ask this group to do farm runs once content is cleared. Initially, we had the rule, that every group member is entitled to one unique Master Mode mounts of each type (Rancor, Wings, Hyperpod, Titan 6). As soon, as this task was finished, we went on with the above mentioned wishlist. In the last 18 months, I killed the TFB more then 150 times and got three Hyperpods for myself. With the above mentioned 20%-chance applicated, there have been 35 Hyperpods for our current 12 raid members, including one for a recent sale-raid-buyer who got it in our first attempt.

So the point I am trying to make is: If you are a Master Mode-raider, you should have no trouble in getting at least one of each mount in a decent amount of time.

Finally, this thread is very close to one of those numerous "game too hard please nerf"-threads and posts wavering around in this forum. No, the game is not too hard. If you were not able to get the stuff you want, you haven't tried hard enough.

Also the red sphere should be 100% drop, maybe more than 1 drop in 16men.

Xeno HM is hopelessly easy and having done it countless times and not seen it drop at all, I think a low drop rate is more than reasonable.

I saw it dropping three times in my three years of raiding. Luckily, I was able to buy one of them a few months ago from someone who had more use for 200m credits than for the red sphere.

Another funny anecdot: One of my raidmembers put the red sphere on the wishlist and we gave him three trys. In the third try it finally dropped. So, it is somehow farmable but the dropchances are ridiculously low. But as I stated before: The rarity of items like this defines their value. If it dropped everytime you kill the boss it'd just become another Praxon.