Nahut veteran mode bugged since patch?

Hi there,

We just did Nahut veteran mode and had some odd occurances. Since there wasn't anything in the patchnotes these are most likely bugs, though we still would like to know if others had similar experience after tuesday's patch.

First phase, the nails apparently can't be knocked back any longer, we normally don't play with the safe position tactic and just knock any nails away that might threaten the players.

But no knockback ability works here any longer.

After a few tries we then switched to safe positions, where you avoid dealing with the nails all together to get over with that phase. Though we don't think that to be the intention of the devs here.

Next weird thing, after knocking Nahut down to 72% and into the next phase, going to the outer ring, the electricty damage you usually get from standing on the small bridges was not restricted to the bridges, but suddenly hurt the group everywhere on the outer ring. Killing us fast of course.

At least that only happened once, the next pull it was at it was supposed to be, only damage when standing on the small bridges visibly cackling with electricity there.

Dealt with the energy couplings as usual, but then when Nahut returns, instead of one turret spawning, there are three at once. Another two turrets appeared with the second spawn, five of them naturally wrecking havoc with our healers and killing the group pretty fast afterwards.

Tried this several times too, even reset the phase once to make sure that doesn't change anything, but unfortunately the nails remained immune to knockbacks and there were still way more turrets spawning than usual.

I know there aren't many groups doing GotM these days, but has someone else experienced this too, or maybe knows similar behaviour from when GotM was on PTS, implying that the latest live server patch has brought some old mechanics or bugs with it?

Edited by Khaleijo

Yeah I noticed this as well last night. Also both tyth and A/E had their burn phases bugged with no adds spawning in tyth burn and no beams in A/E burn as well as significantly reduced damage done by bosses in A/E burn.

For Nahut, we also couldn't knockback anything in first phase. Electricity in 2nd phase was normal for us. In third phase we also got 3 turrets initially and just tried to get them sucked in as fast as possible, we also had adds spawn with the 2nd set of turrets and we pushed into burn phase at like 55%. Still got it down but 3rd phase was significantly harder.

Scyva was also slightly different with an extra bit of purple circling the room right under Scyva's feet so you couldn't just park right underneath her. Also the purple was smoothly rotating around the room instead of jumping to a new position every few seconds.

Didn't get a chance to do Izax yet.

Yeah I noticed this as well last night. Also both tyth and A/E had their burn phases bugged with no adds spawning in tyth burn and no beams in A/E burn as well as significantly reduced damage done by bosses in A/E burn.

For Nahut, we also couldn't knockback anything in first phase. Electricity in 2nd phase was normal for us. In third phase we also got 3 turrets initially and just tried to get them sucked in as fast as possible, we also had adds spawn with the 2nd set of turrets and we pushed into burn phase at like 55%. Still got it down but 3rd phase was significantly harder.

Scyva was also slightly different with an extra bit of purple circling the room right under Scyva's feet so you couldn't just park right underneath her. Also the purple was smoothly rotating around the room instead of jumping to a new position every few seconds.

Didn't get a chance to do Izax yet.

Nerfing Tyth and A/E actually doesnt bother me, they were definitely harder than they should have been for a HM OP (I know plenty of groups that had killed everything on HM except for Revan/Cora/MB that couldn't beat those two fights, and for the first 2 bosses of a HM OP to be harder than 95% of the other HM bosses well... doesnt exactly encourage progression).

I've heard that Nahut was super easy though (at least compared to the rest of the OP, not done it, only done first 2 and Izax) so maybe that's why they buffed it some? Dont think they should have if this is not some weird convoluted bug...

Edited by LordTurin

My raid group ran GftM last week to check out the new HardMare features, and we can confirm:

• In the Tyth burn phase, there is still the red text message that new adds arrive but no adds are spawning.
  • In the A&E burn phase, the laser beams stopped and the incoming damage felt less as well.
  • On Nahut, you can no longer knock back the pins and nails, and you have three turrets spawning at once, followed by two turrets. In our best try, we got Nahut down to 600k HP so it would have been possible to kill him with more time invested.

According to Musco, this will be fixed in this week's patch:

Corrected an issue where the Veteran Mode Gods From the Machine bosses were harder than intended.

The changes to Nahut and the new purple telegraph on Scyva that shyroman mentioned feel like MM mechanics leaking through to VM. On the other hand, the changes to Tyth and A&E appear to be nerfs, which are more than warranted at this point. So it will be interesting to see how the bosses are intended to behave.

We will go in again this week post-patch and check out how the bosses have changed.

Edited by Jerba

I agree, making Tyth and A&E easier is good in general cause loads of groups still have issues with the mechanics on those, although the change on A&E is very minor. The small buffs to Scyva and Izax weren't really that difficult to work with but show some interesting possible mechanics for a potential nightmare mode.

Honestly me as someone who cleared all the gods bosses in the first few days of them being out, I felt like they were a tad to easy, they seemed like floor 2 revan (learn the dance, kill the boss) but for hm i think is was a little too difficult.

If bioware are to nerf it these mechanics for first to just make t stupidly easy... having no adds in burn makes it a joke, instead a nerf could be the adds don’t hit as hard, or tyth’s rage only boils over at say 12 stacks instead or 9/10 which it currently it.

For a&e maybe make the wipers move slower, Change the timing of the tank swap to between wipers and not while it’s happening.

On nahut I felt like it was far to easy... I haven’t done gods since this bug came to live but from what I’ve heard about the nahut bugs that is way too much... I think it needs to be bugged but not that much. What bioware could implement is reduce the damage nahut does but at the same time add a mechanic that forces you to face tank him instead of just playing ping pong with him. Second phase could use a little bit of a buff. I think have the turrets be uniteruptable and force a healer to stay out there with the two hunters to heal them after every snipe.

Scyva idk I don’t really have any complaints about it.

Izax I think is a very common consensus that it’s too long. I think what can be done is phase to instead of repeating 3 times only repeat twice. Omega cannon phase is shortened to one set with 2 tethers and one set of 4 tethers and only needing the one droid to join the two towers that way everyone who needs a tether for scyva phas will have one.

That’s my thoughts on what could be done for gods to make it easier but also make it less repetitive and far more balanced.

Honestly me as someone who cleared all the gods bosses in the first few days of them being out, I felt like they were a tad to easy, they seemed like floor 2 revan (learn the dance, kill the boss) but for hm i think is was a little too difficult.

If bioware are to nerf it these mechanics for first to just make t stupidly easy... having no adds in burn makes it a joke, instead a nerf could be the adds don’t hit as hard, or tyth’s rage only boils over at say 12 stacks instead or 9/10 which it currently it.

For a&e maybe make the wipers move slower, Change the timing of the tank swap to between wipers and not while it’s happening.

On nahut I felt like it was far to easy... I haven’t done gods since this bug came to live but from what I’ve heard about the nahut bugs that is way too much... I think it needs to be bugged but not that much. What bioware could implement is reduce the damage nahut does but at the same time add a mechanic that forces you to face tank him instead of just playing ping pong with him. Second phase could use a little bit of a buff. I think have the turrets be uniteruptable and force a healer to stay out there with the two hunters to heal them after every snipe.

Scyva idk I don’t really have any complaints about it.

Izax I think is a very common consensus that it’s too long. I think what can be done is phase to instead of repeating 3 times only repeat twice. Omega cannon phase is shortened to one set with 2 tethers and one set of 4 tethers and only needing the one droid to join the two towers that way everyone who needs a tether for scyva phas will have one.

That’s my thoughts on what could be done for gods to make it easier but also make it less repetitive and far more balanced.

• There are serveral problems with this operation.
  • Tyth can be annoying due to it's random spawn of justice adds.
  • The bosses 2-4 are quite fun. I like Esne & Aivela Mechanics and also Nahut and Scyva. Izax is a complete 14-17 minute joke if you know the mechanic. phase 3 can be repeated up to 4 times without any disadvantage (no enrage etc) for a tank. 7 minutes of stun lock....one of our tanks was in the restroom in our first kill...
  • phase 4 is a paradise for fotm setups (mara & merc dot) and is so much easier with those classes then anyone else. in all other veteran modes using specific classes wont bring so much advantage for a group. (except revan core 3.x 8 man bounty hunters XD)
  • phase 5 as a dps....do 10-20 seconds damage on a tether. wait 40-50 seconds. repeat. boring
  • the adds between the bosses are so annying and time consuming....it's maybe funny for the first time you step on a mine before nahut or get kicked by the adds before scyva...the highlight are the 6 vindictive droids before izax...lots of fun...not

The biggest problem is that you can't pug this operation. you'll need a full 8 man group with all people knowing their specific job at least.

For our izax kills we had some interesting set ups... prob the most memey one was madness sorc engi sniper pyro pt and merc. That was fun... we also had a kill with a imperial agent, no advanced class.

But yeah I agree with how cancer tyth is for rng. Imo it’s for where the lances spawn since they take so long to move out. Personally I hate A&E it’s my least favourite out of all of them but that’s just cause of how cancer it was when my current team progressed it recently.