The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Weekend adventures with a lvl 60+ Sniper:

I get Nathema vet, the other three are lvl 70s, they're at the last boss. First part goes smoothly, second part not so much. One of them is new to Nathema and keeps running away with the link, healing the boss. Unless Vinn is dropping circles, then he's standing in them. After a few tries I offer to switch to my 70 healer and we manage to get me back into that group, but it's basically more of the same. Until we decide to not mop him off the floor next time he dies. Apparently that is all we needed to do to finish the boss. :o

Athiss vet, last boss. I get the fire debuff first and, as usual, I stay roughly in the middle until the fire reaches me and then run. One of the legendary players in the group types in chat to go up the stairs. I answer no worries, I know the FP. No big deal. Until said player gets the fire, runs a little, hops back onto the boss and dies... to the fire.

And my favourite just now: Rakata, also vet. We say hello, we get going, one player lags behind and accidentally pulls a group we had skipped. The only 70 in the group types something about being late and then not even knowing the FP, but whatever. Second boss he does that weird tactic of pulling the Adds behind the pylon. Never had seen that before and all it does is that we have to wait 45 seconds until we can attack the boss after we had cleared the adds. Weird, unnecessary and entirely too far from any other Kolto. I say nothing. Whatever floats his boat.

After that's done I get a whisper and he calls me a pig. I answer with '??' because I have no idea what I just did. No reply. A bit later I try to get him to elaborate but he put me on ignore. Kind of a first, I think. I'm almost proud. :t_tongue:

Second boss he does that weird tactic of pulling the Adds behind the pylon. Never had seen that before and all it does is that we have to wait 45 seconds until we can attack the boss after we had cleared the adds. Weird, unnecessary and entirely too far from any other Kolto. I say nothing. Whatever floats his boat.

After that's done I get a whisper and he calls me a pig. I answer with '??' because I have no idea what I just did. No reply. A bit later I try to get him to elaborate but he put me on ignore. Kind of a first, I think. I'm almost proud. :t_tongue:

It's not weird at all, it helps to gather up the adds in one place and makes AOE'ing a lot easier. Better than leaving a few stragglers about IMO.

It's not weird at all, it helps to gather up the adds in one place and makes AOE'ing a lot easier. Better than leaving a few stragglers about IMO.

yeah but you could all just stack on them and it would have the same effect except without waiting

As rantboi said, in that particular case standing together does the trick as well. They're all melee adds, so they come to you anyway. You only get stragglers when people start running around. LOS makes sense if there's ranged adds in the mix that wouldn't move otherwise.

I mean, if you feel comfortable with that tactic that's fine. :D My only experience with it, as written above, was impractical and made the fight longer than necessary: 45 seconds of standing around because the boss wasn't pulled with the adds at the start. Having to run really far to the next Kolto so the dude with aggro doesn't die (wasn't even the 70, it was the poor 56 Merc) and out of range, losing dps. Having to run all the way back because the boss was out of sight behind the pylon. And it somehow made me a pig. So yeah, not a fan. :p

Got a pop for a Vet FP on my Assa-Tank (geared well enough for Vet for sure), see a 40ish Op-Healer and 2 Mercs (lvl 70 if I recall correctly). Zone in to find me in Manaan, obviously Ortuno. Say my hellos and start to run to the boss, when a votekick is initiated by one of the Mercs. Against me. I just type "??" into group chat and continue to get to the boss, when the Mercs suddenly drop group. Votekick failed due to lack of votes, but since the healer never said a word I also leave group and eat my 15 mins of lockout. I asked the initiator of the votekick for a reason, but he just said they decided to abandon the FP (which in fact was pretty obvious) and didn't care to elaborate as to why they wanted to kick me.

I mean, even with a bad healer Ortuno is easy as a tank?!

As rantboi said, in that particular case standing together does the trick as well. They're all melee adds, so they come to you anyway. You only get stragglers when people start running around. LOS makes sense if there's ranged adds in the mix that wouldn't move otherwise.

I mean, if you feel comfortable with that tactic that's fine. :D My only experience with it, as written above, was impractical and made the fight longer than necessary: 45 seconds of standing around because the boss wasn't pulled with the adds at the start. Having to run really far to the next Kolto so the dude with aggro doesn't die (wasn't even the 70, it was the poor 56 Merc) and out of range, losing dps. Having to run all the way back because the boss was out of sight behind the pylon. And it somehow made me a pig. So yeah, not a fan. :p

Ah I see it now, I completely missed the Kolto point. I do it in MM where there is no Kolto, heck I sometimes even try to use the pylons to LOS his laser attack, nevermind me then. Either tactic is fine tbh, as long as the group gets to kill the boss.

Nathema vet, last boss, second part, can't get it finished. Everyone dies but me, one guy stays rest quit while I am still engaged on the boss...

I SOLO the rest of the boss from about 75%! Scoundrel 70 scrapper

He compliments (BTW my first time doing that boss in anything other then solo) we then proceed to find the lore object, kill all the escaped creatures (achieve) and duo the light/dark extra boss pair. Great dude!

Alrik, I wasn't talking about LOS in general. I have seen that before, too. :p Just not for this particular boss fight. :jawa_wink:

Ah I see it now, I completely missed the Kolto point. I do it in MM where there is no Kolto, heck I sometimes even try to use the pylons to LOS his laser attack, nevermind me then. Either tactic is fine tbh, as long as the group gets to kill the boss.

Yeah, I figured it might work better with a healer. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Random vet, Deception sin lvl 70 242/246. Blood Hunt, 1 lvl 36 sin and 2 lvl 70, do not remember what classes. Well, BH is one of those I really disslike to pug. But I tought since everyone else go, I do not be first who drop out. Aaaand, thats the weird part...no wipes, no deaths no nothing, all knew what to do and one of best flashpoint lately. It was real fun

Just had the most idiotic run of trial and error. 4 dps, as usual. others turn into rakghouls and I turn too, figuring someone was after some achievements. On dual bosses, one guy runs ahead and "summons" all raks at once, ignores them in favor of a boss - we all die. 1 player was clearly wiser than me and left at that point.

Rambo (not their name, rather their hobby) summons a comp, we die one more time before killing them (comp dying instantly). Die, again in electric room ( ignoring mobs, I think) . die again at last boss not to adds, but to aoe.

The other 2 decide to turn into rakghouls, the other player losing their comp in the process. Rambo says he'll be healing.Rambo lies.

I summon lvl 50 comp and use heroic moment, because, why not extra healing? we click buttons, rambo attacks boss, doesn't kill adds, my comp dies, rambo and other person die to aoe on phase2. I die to boss/********.

We all leave, sends me what I think is a "drawing" of a *****. I was salty and told him to use tactics next time.

Accused me of showing off for summoning a comp - at least that's what I think it was for -and blocked me.

Equal parts confused and annoyed.

Had a KP where the DPS was god awful slow, and my co tank was rather incompetent. One of the DPS was a Shadow who not only ninja looted, but at times did nothing at all during the fights. Karagga enraged, and I left to do my own lockout run.

Leveling my Sent on DM, got Red Reaper. The Commando who took on tanking duties(we had no DWT) was a bit of a butt, calling me the R word because apparently I didn't do a LOS properly. Then we got to the bridge with the 3 Sith with a knockback. Now the other two players were a low level Sage and Commando. Both have knockbacks; Sents do not. Well, only Smarty Pants knew to knockback the Sith. The other two didn't. So I made a snotty comment directed at the other two, and Smarty Pants threw a fit, thinking I was snapping at him. I said it was directed at the other two and got no reply.

The Story of the Silent Operation Group

Joined an in-progress Group Finder Gods from the Machine run earlier today after someone was asking around in fleet for a DPS because their other one DC'd right as they got to Tyth. I jump into the op, and say hello. Nobody says a thing, not even the guy who invited me (who was talking earlier.) I proceed to the boss room where everyone is waiting, and someone initiates a ready check. One healer doesn't respond. There isn't so much as a poke emote as the ready check is initiated several times over by different people, while the giant droid with anger issues stares at us, perhaps boiling over inside. Eventually, the healer returns, and Tyth goes down without a hitch.

In between, through clearing trash, I realize that I don't have the op mission, and ask for someone to share it after we've reached the next boss room, which is Aviela/Esne. No response. Someone accidentally fires at one of the setpieces when there are still players on their way to the room, and the tanks promptly jump off the cliff, presumably to restart the fight. Everyone else either does the same or /stuck. Either way, nobody says even a yip as we respawn in the starting area and head back to the room. I politely ask for class buffs once we have all regrouped, and get neither a response nor a buff in turn, and another request for the operation mission is met with silence.

We start the fight anyway, and we wipe in the last phase because someone focused and destroyed the nexus early, giving the bosses their overdrive buff. There was no sort of communication between the group that I could see, even when group members went down there was no "don't/do attack this/that."

This is how the last phase went:

Me: "Don't attack nexus, bosses will get buffed"

One sentinel with 230 rating: *continues to attack nexus*

Rest of group: *silence through everyone wiping until I'm the only one left and jump off*

After the wipe, we tried again. This time, we wipe again despite the nexus not being targeted this time around. No communication. I decided to leave the group and explained to them my reason for leaving. I don't know whether they were in voice chat in discord or elsewhere, as everyone was from a different guild.

Using the 2XP-event to level a Sent on DM, get a pop for Cademimu and think: nice, that's easy. I am at level ~45 at that time, there is a Scoundrel DPS ~40, a rather clueless Guardian DPS (~25) and a lvl 70 Sent in 240 gear with "Legendary Player"-status.

The way to the Wookie boss is rather painful, but at low levels without any heals (not even off heals from the Scoundrel) that happens. Anyway, after the Wookie dies Scoundrel announces the "run to elevator"-tactics. Since we are mostly lowbies I thought it to be not a good idea and said so, but hey. After (gut feeling) 10 mins and 5 tries finally all 4 of us are down there. And since it worked so well, "run to last boss"-tactics is called for. :rolleyes:

We all make it to the room except for the 70 Sent, who seems to fight. We call for him to run, but he dies. Next try we ask to just run, he answers, it was not easy with a 4 sec stealth only (:confused:). Anyway. Eventually we are at the last boss.

First attempt, boss on me, Guardian taunts off (nice), but does not know how to handle him or simply lacks dcds, goes down quite fast, but eventually boss is on me again. Guardian taunts off again :confused:. Dies. Rest goes down soon as well, since Koltos are partly hard to reach with the fire going on.

After a couple of wipes (and all the fun to run back from the Wookie-Boss again - yay- at least people got better at it) Guardian leaves without a word. We ask Sent to put out a heal pet, I tell him to make sure to passive it while running from the fire, we start. Boss is on me, he does not really seem to drop much in health. Pet dies in fire. We die.

I ask the Sent how the hell I could get aggro with a Sent in 240 gear in group. He says: "246". :rolleyes: Yes, that explains it. Anyway, his left side is low, so his 246 armor pieces are reduced to 240 on average. Anyway: we ask him to keep the boss on him, he replies he was not much of a tank. :confused:

Next try I watch him more closely: he would stand there, using double sabre throw on cd and nothing else. I mean: nothing. Boss on me, pet dies, I die, Sent finally goes to close range combat ignoring the fire, dies. Boss at 5%, Scoundrel tries to dot him down, dies with boss at 1%. Argl.

I am fed up, ask Sent to send off the pet, pull out my influence lvl 3 T3, we go in. Works as before, only that the pet does not die due to passiving it. Sent still just throwing sabres. Boss dies. Sent asks: "Better?".

I leave puzzled.

We ask Sent to put out a heal pet, I tell him to make sure to passive it while running from the fire, we start. Boss is on me, he does not really seem to drop much in health. Pet dies in fire. We die.

I am fed up, ask Sent to send off the pet, pull out my influence lvl 3 T3, we go in. Works as before, only that the pet does not die due to passiving it. Sent still just throwing sabres. Boss dies. Sent asks: "Better?".

That is weird. I've done this FP several times with a comp, both in vet and mm and not once was the companion affected by the flames at the last boss (neither does he get shackels in mm). He could stand right under one of the engines and take zero damage from it, no putting him on passive needed.

And the last time I did it (2 players + 2 comps in mm) was only like a week ago.

Sure the pet actually died from the fire? Or did the sent die and the pet vanished because of that?

That is weird. I've done this FP several times with a comp, both in vet and mm and not once was the companion affected by the flames at the last boss (neither does he get shackels in mm). He could stand right under one of the engines and take zero damage from it, no putting him on passive needed.

And the last time I did it (2 players + 2 comps in mm) was only like a week ago.

Sure the pet actually died from the fire? Or did the sent die and the pet vanished because of that?

Hmm... no, not positive about whether it was the fire or not, just my logical conclusion?! Basically I had the boss on me, so it could not have been direct damage, I am not aware of any AOE the boss does besides the flames, and if I remember correctly the pet went down first. :confused:

So if my conclusion is wrong the only possibility I see is that the pet was set to DPS or tank (though it would have taunted then?) or my memory is wrong and Sent died first...

Damn, and I was so proud of my "set to passive" skills here. :mad:

There's been an ongoing bug where sometimes if you join an in-progress Ops group, you can't see the other people talk in Ops chat and they can't see you talk in Ops chat, this is probably what happened to you.

Now that you mention it, I do remember having an EC group a while back where someone couldn't communicate with the rest of the group in the /ops channel, but it worked in the ops officers channel. It may have been a misunderstanding on my part, but that sentinel should have been told otherwise to not attack the nexus during last phase (nobody seemed to stop him, but the rest of the group seemed to know what they were doing.)

Why bring a cotank to kp? Have a dps queue as tank, less enraging, kill stuff faster.

Perhaps I should have said this: I didn't form the original group; I joined it on the fleet. I don't think KP needs two tanks either; only the second boss really needs it, but a high parsing Infiltration/Deception player is a decent fank, so. :p

I just remembered this run. "The Eternity Vault That Took An Eternity" (more like three hours.)

GF SM Eternity Vault. There was nothing unpleasant about the group, it just was an interesting run.

Slip-up number one: I forget about the turrets outside the entrance and charge up the hill, and die within moments because I didn't understand who was shooting at me. That got a "lol" from someone on the group.

During the Annhilator droid boss, when it says "I have been armed with 26 distinct weapons systems", someone said "I have been taught 32 distinct saber strikes" (presumably a sent.) That got me snickering.

The shadow who was assigned to stealth to bring up the speeder had done just so a long time ago and had forgotten how to do it, so after he died a few times, we decided to clear. However, before that, someone stepped too close to those champion probe droids in the central bridge area and we ended up wiping. After finally managing to down groups of trash in the prison area, we got to the the lava caves. Tank says "knock dogs off ledge." So we did... but it was the wrong ledge. Apparently, most of us thought the ledge referred to the ledge in the lava cave instead of the ledge , and there were more dogs down there... so we ended up aggroing an entire pack of platinum pooches. Somehow, we managed to kite the dogs out of the cave in groups of one and two at a time, and I stayed outside with a Guardian to knock the 101 Dalmatians off the prison ledge.

Afterwards, while we were waiting for the shadow to finish stealthing through, I /e fell off the cliff, which got a laugh. I also happened to be fooling around near the edge, and guess what happened?

Gharj went down without any trouble. Then we got to the jungle cats, and ended up having to clear them because a sage couldn't make the ledge jump. Getting to pillar puzzle boss:

"Does anyone know puzzle?"

"I do" (north pillar)

*south pillar bracket is quiet*

Eventually, 15 minutes later, someone finishes researching it and gets the solution. Rest of the puzzle goes smoothly.

Infernal Council:

First time we have to reset because the mando healer (not me, I'm dps) was new and didn't know that Successive Treatment (big channeled healing ability) healed other players in range.

The second time, I accidentally hit the button for Mortar Volley on someone else's boss, and the Sorceror ended up chasing me all the way out into the jungle until it finally reset

Third time: Same healer somehow died. Swap bosses.

Fourth time we finally succeeded. By this time, it was more than 2 1/2 hours in, and there was a wait in Soa's room because someone went AFK.

I missed the jump on one of the falling platforms in the first phase and had to be rezzed. It's always the first phase...

All in all, quite an entertaining run. I was quite pleased with everyone's patience to deal with the rest of the group over a run that should have taken less than half the time it really did to complete.

Now that you mention it, I do remember having an EC group a while back where someone couldn't communicate with the rest of the group in the /ops channel, but it worked in the ops officers channel. It may have been a misunderstanding on my part, but that sentinel should have been told otherwise to not attack the nexus during last phase (nobody seemed to stop him, but the rest of the group seemed to know what they were doing.)

This wonderful bug that they can't be bothered to fix, apparently, caused a particularly horrible situation in one of my op runs earlier this year. Our group lost a dps and heals before Brontes and no one was biting on fleet, so we queued up to pick them up and they popped in instantly. I asked them a few questions (just verifying if they knew the fight) and was met with silence. The group was getting frustrated because we were unaware of this bug and we thought they were just being noobs on purpose. Since they didn't respond that they knew the fights or not, we got even more frustrated when the dps just stood in place during the lightning fingers phase and made no attempt to move out.

Our frustration got the better of us and we decided to save the rez for someone who knew what they were doing and we ended up easily 7-manning the rest. People were still trying to talk to the guy a few times and he still wouldn't say anything. I'm not proud of it and I know it makes me look like a huge **** in hindsight, but I asked that he be booted so he couldn't take loot for doing nothing (I would never have said anything if he had just answered and we knew he wasn't in there to screw with us on purpose by making us do all the work for him, because with all the silence and not moving during the lightning phase it looked like he wanted something for nothing). The leader and the rest of the group (except the pugged healer) agreed and he was sent out just as Brontes died.

After going into fleet the guy is really getting angry and yelling about how we ninja-looted and booted him just to keep the loot to ourselves. Me and a few others from the group got mad at him for never once speaking up despite our numerous questions and he said we never said anything to him and none of us believed him. It was just a big stupid ragefest and gigantic misunderstanding thanks to this lovely silence bug. It even affects whispers, because we made numerous attempts to whisper to him and he still never responded.

I still feel bad every time someone brings up this bug. If that guy ever reads this I hope he accepts my apologies. I didn't even learn about the bug until a couple months later and I had long forgotten his name so I couldn't let him know what happened.

This wonderful bug that they can't be bothered to fix, apparently, caused a particularly horrible situation in one of my op runs earlier this year. Our group lost a dps and heals before Brontes and no one was biting on fleet, so we queued up to pick them up and they popped in instantly. I asked them a few questions (just verifying if they knew the fight) and was met with silence. The group was getting frustrated because we were unaware of this bug and we thought they were just being noobs on purpose. Since they didn't respond that they knew the fights or not, we got even more frustrated when the dps just stood in place during the lightning fingers phase and made no attempt to move out.

Our frustration got the better of us and we decided to save the rez for someone who knew what they were doing and we ended up easily 7-manning the rest. People were still trying to talk to the guy a few times and he still wouldn't say anything. I'm not proud of it and I know it makes me look like a huge **** in hindsight, but I asked that he be booted so he couldn't take loot for doing nothing (I would never have said anything if he had just answered and we knew he wasn't in there to screw with us on purpose by making us do all the work for him, because with all the silence and not moving during the lightning phase it looked like he wanted something for nothing). The leader and the rest of the group (except the pugged healer) agreed and he was sent out just as Brontes died.

After going into fleet the guy is really getting angry and yelling about how we ninja-looted and booted him just to keep the loot to ourselves. Me and a few others from the group got mad at him for never once speaking up despite our numerous questions and he said we never said anything to him and none of us believed him. It was just a big stupid ragefest and gigantic misunderstanding thanks to this lovely silence bug. It even affects whispers, because we made numerous attempts to whisper to him and he still never responded.

I still feel bad every time someone brings up this bug. If that guy ever reads this I hope he accepts my apologies. I didn't even learn about the bug until a couple months later and I had long forgotten his name so I couldn't let him know what happened.

Damn that's a sad story, as well as frustrating, that is one of the bugs that really needs fixing ASAP. I'm honestly appalled they still haven't fixed it considering how harmful this bug is.