Do Something About MM Flashpoints

I know the mechanics, in master however you have to hold them both. The Engineer does a lot of damage to the team if you just let him loose, so you've got to constantly attack him as well as taunt him to make sure you've got the aggro, the problem is he de-aggros every 3 seconds so you've got to focus on him first.

Ah, I never thought about it. Good to know, this is helpful advice for those who don't want to do those flashpoints.

Its the easiest fight in CoU, imo. I generally tank both while staying on the engineer the whole time. Hes gonna die first, so added dps just makes it quicker. Just need to position yourself so hes facing away from the group, and you remain facing the assassin. This allows you to keep the engineer on target to taunt when needed (i dont recall it being a full agro wipe, just a temporary one a la battle of ilum final boss). Focus kill the turret the boss DOES NOT jump to first, and then resume. Makes tanking everything easier. As for the deagro, its a good learning strategy for your dpsers and management of their dcds, but they should be able to survive one attack from the engineer until you get a taunt off.

Actually, there is a pretty easy way to not get Umbara/Chiss/Nathema but still getting the daily bonus: just remove some of your gear before you queue up, to make sure that your gear score is below 242. Once you got a pop, you can put the gear back on. EZ.

True, but I would actually play it if the others did not immeadiately abandon. So I suppose I can only hope that they either make it a bit more appealing or that all the people who abandon on seeing umbara pop start doing this.

Edited by Morteistno

Its the easiest fight in CoU, imo. I generally tank both while staying on the engineer the whole time. Hes gonna die first, so added dps just makes it quicker. Just need to position yourself so hes facing away from the group, and you remain facing the assassin. This allows you to keep the engineer on target to taunt when needed (i dont recall it being a full agro wipe, just a temporary one a la battle of ilum final boss). Focus kill the turret the boss DOES NOT jump to first, and then resume. Makes tanking everything easier. As for the deagro, its a good learning strategy for your dpsers and management of their dcds, but they should be able to survive one attack from the engineer until you get a taunt off.

Yeah I disagree, the lag and the mechanic are a pain, give me the Umbaran tank anyday over that monstrosity. And yeah, the group I managed to do with pretty much focused on the engineer, and he does have a de-aggro mechanic every 3 seconds. Unless they've nerfed the flashpoint since the last time I did it. The way I did it was pretty much taunt the assassin so she would stay on me, as well as focus most of my high threat generation abilities on the Engineer, this helped me keep the aggro a lot .

Yeah I disagree, the lag and the mechanic are a pain, give me the Umbaran tank anyday over that monstrosity. And yeah, the group I managed to do with pretty much focused on the engineer, and he does have a de-aggro mechanic every 3 seconds. Unless they've nerfed the flashpoint since the last time I did it. The way I did it was pretty much taunt the assassin so she would stay on me, as well as focus most of my high threat generation abilities on the Engineer, this helped me keep the aggro a lot .

Im pretty sure the de-agro isnt more frequent than the set bonus cooldown of direct single taunt. And i believe the de-agro is a timed duration target swap that does not reset agro, but allows you to force agro back with a taunt (allowing only 1 attack towards dps/heals at minimum). And no need to use single target taunts on the assassin because nobody should be agroing him except heals, and your aoe skills should be sufficient with guard to prevent the sin from attacking anyone else while engineer is alive.

Edited by olagatonjedi

I know the mechanics, in master however you have to hold them both. The Engineer does a lot of damage to the team if you just let him loose, so you've got to constantly attack him as well as taunt him to make sure you've got the aggro, the problem is he de-aggros every 3 seconds so you've got to focus on him first.

Ah ok I remember now, well it was no issue for me. You keep the assasin on by doing dmg to him and u keep aggroo on the Engineer by taunts, Force pull and area taunt, that fight is the easiest one in the Flashpoint!

Im pretty sure the de-agro isnt more frequent than the set bonus cooldown of direct single taunt. And i believe the de-agro is a timed duration target swap that does not reset agro, but allows you to force agro back with a taunt (allowing only 1 attack towards dps/heals at minimum). And no need to use single target taunts on the assassin because nobody should be agroing him except heals, and your aoe skills should be sufficient with guard to prevent the sin from attacking anyone else while engineer is alive.

The set bonus does decreate taunt's cooldown, but not to the point where it would be needed for that fight. his de-aggro mechanic is every 3 seconds or so. And it does reset aggro, again unless they've changed it, he de-aggros every 3 seconds. Hence me keeping my damage on him and just taunting the assassin when necessary.

Ah ok I remember now, well it was no issue for me. You keep the assasin on by doing dmg to him and u keep aggroo on the Engineer by taunts, Force pull and area taunt, that fight is the easiest one in the Flashpoint!

It was to me the first time I did it since my group kept it far away, the engineer went far away and I couldn't go get him least my group be overwhelmed by the assassin's AOE. the 2nd group kept closer so I managed to keep aggro, overall I don't think that is an easy boss, nor are the rest of it to be honest, but I felt the first was the hardest.

Edited by FlameYOL

The set bonus does decreate taunt's cooldown, but not to the point where it would be needed for that fight. his de-aggro mechanic is every 3 seconds or so. And it does reset aggro, again unless they've changed it, he de-aggros every 3 seconds. Hence me keeping my damage on him and just taunting the assassin when necessary.

I, personally, dont recall ever having the issue of taunt not being available when he target swapped, as long as my taunts are used on the engineer only.

I, personally, dont recall ever having the issue of taunt not being available when he target swapped, as long as my taunts are used on the engineer only.

I did, even when I kept on Engineer. Even with the set bonus cooldown decrease it's still just 3 seconds, if it was 6 it would've been, but every 3 seconds with him de-aggroing I ended up focusing all my abilities on him and taunting the sin when needed.

I did, even when I kept on Engineer. Even with the set bonus cooldown decrease it's still just 3 seconds, if it was 6 it would've been, but every 3 seconds with him de-aggroing I ended up focusing all my abilities on him and taunting the sin when needed.

Ive been meaning to run it, but nobody queues for it anymore.

That's sad, I've had the same problems with Uprisings which is why I stopped queueing for them. Barely got a pop, so I know how it feels.

Fortunately the people who DO queue for it and stay are of extremes, either never been there and its easy to notice, or those who know how tough it is and generally runs smoothly.