QoL: Master Mode (Nightmare) Operation Mount Drop Rates and Consistency

I saw it dropping three times in my three years of raiding. Luckily, I was able to buy one of them a few months ago from someone who had more use for 200m credits than for the red sphere.

Another funny anecdot: One of my raidmembers put the red sphere on the wishlist and we gave him three trys. In the third try it finally dropped. So, it is somehow farmable but the dropchances are ridiculously low. But as I stated before: The rarity of items like this defines their value. If it dropped everytime you kill the boss it'd just become another Praxon.

Nope, their value is their unique looks, why should you care about others having them or not?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, their value is their unique looks, why should you care about others having them or not?

Its the same as with cars. If everyone in your neighborhood drives an expansive car, it's nothing special. But if you are the only one with a golden lamborghini and all your neighbors are driving a Ford Fiesta it's a completely different feeling.

A mount is more then the look. It's the work I put into getting it. It's the reward for countless hours of playing this game. And I don't want its value to decrease.

Its the same as with cars. If everyone in your neighborhood drives an expansive car, it's nothing special. But if you are the only one with a golden lamborghini and all your neighbors are driving a Ford Fiesta it's a completely different feeling.

A mount is more then the look. It's the work I put into getting it. It's the reward for countless hours of playing this game. And I don't want its value to decrease.

If you care about that, it means you don't like the car, you just want to be "better than others", which is a very jerk-*** attitude. Don't have it especially in the game, it will ruin you.

Edited by Slowpokeking

If you care about that, it means you don't like the car, you just want to be "better than others", which is a very jerk-*** attitude. Don't have it especially in the game, it will ruin you.
That's ********. And you know it. You just don't accept you might be losing out on stuff others have, it's called jealousy, don't have it in a game, it will ruin you.

There's no value in the Red Sphere's unique look for me. It looks quite retarded, like the cockroach wings but what can I say, it's a rare drop. I'd flaunt that. I'd show off the cockroach wings too. If I have to kill Xeno HM 100000 times to successfully win a roll for the Red Sphere, I will, and if I kill Xeno HM 100000 times and no Red Sphere drops once, no hard feelings. I'm not going to die just because I don't have a Red Sphere, but I'm not going to whine about it and demand adjustment of the goal posts either.

That's ********. And you know it. You just don't accept you might be losing out on stuff others have, it's called jealousy, don't have it in a game, it will ruin you.

its the same guy who talked about GotM nerf because it was "too long, but still too easy to waste his time to get the rewards" and BS like that.

Hes trolling so obivous that he should know at this point we all know he is in fact a troll. which makes me thinking hes dead serious again, because he would've stopped trolling since its not funny anymore as we all know hes trolling. but then again, nobody can be that stupid....

damn trolls and their mind games.

I don't care about what others get, I just want to have what I want.

The "I need to be better than you hahaha" is jerk logic.

There's no value in the Red Sphere's unique look for me. It looks quite retarded, like the cockroach wings but what can I say, it's a rare drop. I'd flaunt that. I'd show off the cockroach wings too. If I have to kill Xeno HM 100000 times to successfully win a roll for the Red Sphere, I will, and if I kill Xeno HM 100000 times and no Red Sphere drops once, no hard feelings. I'm not going to die just because I don't have a Red Sphere, but I'm not going to whine about it and demand adjustment of the goal posts either.

Sure no problem. I'm just against someone else' jerk logic.

Honestly I think the amount the Hyperpod and Titan6 drop is fine. We did a terror last night and it dropped. That said I have done EC NIM full clear maybe 70 times or more this tier and I don't think I have seen the tank mount once. Is it even obtainable anymore? Someone I raid with claims it dropped in HM for them on Tanks.

Honestly I think the amount the Hyperpod and Titan6 drop is fine. We did a terror last night and it dropped. That said I have done EC NIM full clear maybe 70 times or more this tier and I don't think I have seen the tank mount once. Is it even obtainable anymore? Someone I raid with claims it dropped in HM for them on Tanks.

Don't run HM so I dunno but I have seen it multiple times last few months on Nightmare, from different bosses.

Dropped at NiM Tanks with 5.x.

• 2 weeks later...

Idk that's over a year ago...

Did another Warstalker pug within my guild today and no tank drop. Have a 16m team progging it in NIM, maybe it will drop there? Should be a higher chance in 16 no?

Someone told me it dropped for them in 16m SM the other day, don't know how true that is...

On the other hand did From Beyond the other day and another Hyperpod dropped, making that our 5th out of 9 or 10 kills this tier.

Edited by GhOsTPrOz

• 2 weeks later...

Someone told me it dropped for them in 16m SM the other day, don't know how true that is...

There are people on Tulak Hord with Denova Mount with missing MM achievments.

Not seen a Denova Mount dropping in 5.x but others had more luck.

Imho I would not change the droprate for hyperpod or titan 6 mount. Maybe change it to bind on legacy.

In fact "farming" and gaining those mounts is actually feeling more rewarding then gaining wings due to their 100% droprate. Damn I'm also missing you Titan 6 in my collection :rak_01:

The argument isn't if it exists or not, more so that it does not drop very often.

It surely doesn't drop very often. However, I still remember that posting:

So, the answere is clearly yes. Having it dropping a year ago was no evidence for it still dropping. You probably considered this question as answered on positively before, but I'd suggest to be careful regarding some stealth-changes in swtor that have been noticed long after they've been done.

In general I can't say much more then I already did: You just have to do this content more often to have the rare items dropping. One of our raidmembers always came with his main character when we did Denova in the last few months and he was rewarded a few days ago.

However, I'd support a proposal for an increased dropchance for the Heavy Avalance Tank towards Titan 6 and Hyperpod-Levels as long as we don't enter 2.x and 3.x conditions again.

Edited by Exocor

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
To be fair, these mounts have been in game for a long time. If they were to increase the drop rate a little bit, it would be a nice change of pace. The last time I saw the hyperpod drop was in 2.0; right around Dread Fortress nim release

the drop chances are fine.. those mounts are rare and people want them because they are rare (exception hyperpod, because its awesome).......

who would want a titan 6 containment vehicle when its a safe drop?

styrak, denova and terror are not that difficult, that the mounts should be a safe drop.

if you havent seen those mounts for a long time it just means rngeesus hates you.

example hyperpod:

everybody in my raid team has got it once, but we have one vanguard dps who wants it but when hes there with his main it just wont drop (Lennart :p)

we are chasing that thing for like 3 months now.

3 weeks ago we got a new member to our team, he wanted the hyperpod and it took us 2 tries for him.

Edited by Opiklo

The Heavy Avalance Tank dropped today in our raid. Denova 8m NiM Firebrand&Stormcaller. It's still there.

I've seen *one* tank drop in *hundreds* of runs of EC NIM.

With that drop rate, it's entirely possible I could be waiting years for it to drop again or even years to win it myself. That's not reasonable. No item in the game should be that rare, to the point of having next to zero chance of ever obtaining the mount.

It's also not as simple as "Do the operation every week" - despite 5 raid teams, of all the operations EC is the rarest for my groups to do.

There is no reason for any mount to be rare, when the most desirable NIM mount is a guaranteed drop.

I've seen *one* tank drop in *hundreds* of runs of EC NIM.

With that drop rate, it's entirely possible I could be waiting years for it to drop again or even years to win it myself. That's not reasonable. No item in the game should be that rare, to the point of having next to zero chance of ever obtaining the mount.

It's also not as simple as "Do the operation every week" - despite 5 raid teams, of all the operations EC is the rarest for my groups to do.

There is no reason for any mount to be rare, when the most desirable NIM mount is a guaranteed drop.

I don't know what they have changed exactly to the drop rules of the avalance tank. they can now even drop in story mode (2 Players i can can confirm that have never stepped inside nim ec) but the drop chance seems to be very low, comparable to the red gree sphere

I'd be fine with this, but ONLY if all nim content (or at the very least the dps checks) is buffed to 248 tier in 5.10 (and preferably 252 tier).

Simply put, it's way too easy to get the top NiM rewards as it currently stands, and it'll be even easier in 5.10. Nobody should be entitled to Nightmare titles and mounts. The same sense of entitlement can be applied to the ranked scene (and the win trading that plagues it) but I digress. Participation trophies are lame.

NiM is already laughably easy to DPS; people should have to be the best at their classes to clear the hardest content in a game. When a dot spec can sleepwalk through the calphy orb or raptus challenge simply because they have 3 teammates who are can push their buttons, that's a problem. You should have to plan and save your offensive cooldowns for raid challenges and respec from fight to fight based on the dynamics of the encounter. I mean, you can carry Captain 7k DPS through NiM content now - WITHOUT popping crystals! Why should someone get NiM rewards for free when they are too lazy or inexperienced to parse more than 9500 on a dummy in full gear (and yes that includes Arsenal), let alone in a raid scenario.

I realize that Brontes is still a difficult fight relative to the others, so I'm fine with a 100 percent drop rate there. DP should be 50/50 since it's pretty easy (even roles that have personal accountability, such as kiting Raptus or Bestia, are fairly easy after a bit of practice). Titan 6, hyperpod, and ec tank should all be a 33 percent drop with the current level of difficulty (and a 10 percent drop in 5.10 if the content isn't upgraded).

MMOs should reward hard work and dedication, so either buff the content and provide consistent rewards, or keep the content easy like it currently is (from a DPS perspective) and give people tokens so they have to grind content to purchase mounts, like ranked.

Or, even simpler, create a Nightmare+ mode with new titles and a 100 percent drop rates on EVERYTHING. How hard would it be to program? It would probably take an afternoon.

Edited by Hoppinswtor