Trooper and Smuggler or Imperial Agent and Bounty Hunter

stormdrakelord

I am trying to get back into Swtor and do a brother/sister thing in the legacy. I currently have a female trooper and a male smuggler (both Cyborgs if that is important), but I am unsure of whether I should stick with them or re-roll as a male bounty hunter and a female imperial agent.

any ideas would be good. I have beaten the smuggler and trooper stories, but liked them much more than their imperial counterparts.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that they both would be overall light sided.

Edited by stormdrakelord

Anyone? Might as well stick with Trooper (Female Vanguard) and Smuggler (Male Gunslinger). Though male Mercenary (Pyrotech) and female Operative (Lethality or Medicine) sound cool too.

Well, honestly it's just personal preference. The IA story is quite good. The Smuggler story is pretty fun, mostly for dialogue.

Well, honestly it's just personal preference. The IA story is quite good. The Smuggler story is pretty fun, mostly for dialogue.

Well, the dialogue, and I feel a sense of the truly unsung hero in the smuggler. The Agent just feels like USA's CIA meets Star Wars. I decided to have a Mirialan Smuggler, in case I can still play it when I go Preferred Status.

What I wanted to know, is whether I should stick with the classes I like, or try something else.

Edited by stormdrakelord

Have both your character belong to the same faction? I mean wouldn't it be better to play them on different faction, so that you get mor evariance? I would suggest Imperial Agent and Trooper.

I have a male and a female. just felt right to have them on the same side. I also tried a trooper and an agent at the same time before, and it felt wrong.

Edited by stormdrakelord

What I wanted to know, is whether I should stick with the classes I like, or try something else.

You cannot know how much you will like a class until you have played it a bit. Have you tried a smash monkey (such as a Jug or Guardian) yet? Good fun, and as a light-side male Sith warrior you can have some great interactions with Vette. Maybe a brother/sister Warrior/Inquisitor would work for you.

The pub side strikes me as full of two-faced politicians using the ends to justify some pretty nasty means.

The Sith, to me, seem more honest, and it makes running a light-side Warrior or Inquisitor pretty enjoyable IMHO.

You cannot know how much you will like a class until you have played it a bit. Have you tried a smash monkey (such as a Jug or Guardian) yet? Good fun, and as a light-side male Sith warrior you can have some great interactions with Vette. Maybe a brother/sister Warrior/Inquisitor would work for you.

The pub side strikes me as full of two-faced politicians using the ends to justify some pretty nasty means.

The Sith, to me, seem more honest, and it makes running a light-side Warrior or Inquisitor pretty enjoyable IMHO.

I know, but overall light-sided/light leaning republic sounds much better. Plus, I can't get into simple bounty work or "James Bond"/"Black Widow" stuff.

I have played all the classes, and the Smuggler and Trooper seem the only ones that I can get into for some reason. I think it might have something to do with opposite class roles and genders. Female Vanguard=Male mercenary, not male Operative, which would equal a female Bounty Hunter.

Edited by stormdrakelord

Never really perceived Imp side as more honest. For me it is usually harder to play on Imp side, but I find that Smuggler and BH is the least ideology bound classes. For me playing LS on Imp side is more rewarding than playing DS on the Pub side. But I overall prefer neutral, unfortunately, game is not nice to a neutral player.

For the male-female thing, I always look at the fist mentor, the crew and the antagonist. For me it was no question that a Smuggler is a girl, because her confrontations with the antagonists is so much more fun cross-gender.

The first mentors in IA and SW made it a lot of fun to play a female as well. Consular was the only exception, because despite the mentor being a female, it is the most enjoyable cast for the personalities and looks of the male companions.

On the other hand, Inq is the only class I want to play first with a male, and feel very uncomfortable to play with a female at all.

When I switch between the characters, I always have a few minutes to have to remember who does what how, usually by attacking the wildlife. There is also a lot of flexibility in terms of the skill trees.,, I know, you invest a lot of time into a character, but the first world takes maybe a few hours, and I love all of them, so it may be worth your while to make a test run, and then just delete the toons if they do not click? I spent a couple of hours setting a male Chiss IA, and just could not play with him. Didn't work... but if you don't try, how do you know?

Anyway, I say again, give a shot to the new classes!

Edited by DomiSotto

For the male-female thing, I always look at the fist mentor, the crew and the antagonist. For me it was no question that a Smuggler is a girl, because her confrontations with the antagonists is so much more fun cross-gender.

truth is, Gender never plays a role in what I choose for a given character. I have tried all the classes, not just the trooper and smuggler. Those are just the only ones I can get into for some odd reason.

Edited by stormdrakelord

For my legacy I have a Consular and Inquisitor twi'leks that are sisters. Makes for an interesting story. And this is all preference, if you want Trooper/smuggler get er done, want IA and Bounty Hunter, do that. There's only so much we can dissect about you through your post. better off just deciding which route fits you best.

I really like Sniper on my IA, just something hugely cool playing someone with a deadly patience after a Gunslinger with DF and her crazy, flashy, into your face style. I went to Korriban with her to baby-sit a baby Sith Inq once, and picking out Sith apprentices among all those tacky purple lightning and red glows was one hell of a rampage (I am sure I will see purple lighting differently when I am playing my SI). I only get 16 levels on her yet, she is my phase 2 char (I run them in threes). My BH is a baby, so can't really contribute, sorry. I am tanking her though. A Big Tanky Cougar... yay! Edited by DomiSotto

I really like Sniper on my IA, just something hugely cool playing someone with a deadly patience after a Gunslinger with DF and her crazy, flashy, into your face style. I went to Korriban with her to baby-sit a baby Sith Inq once, and picking out Sith apprentices among all those tacky purple lightning and red glows was one hell of a rampage (I am sure I will see purple lighting differently when I am playing my SI). I only get 16 levels on her yet, she is my phase 2 char (I run them in threes). My BH is a baby, so can't really contribute, sorry. I am tanking her though. A Big Tanky Cougar... yay!

Well, I already have a gunslinger smuggler, so an operative agent just made sense. And a merc is just for the opposite of the vanguard.

Nope, you got Coruscant right :) IA > BH, both story and play. Unless you are fond of big canons :)

I know about the agent storyline being better than the BH's. I just have a problem playing the Empire side unless it is sith. And even then, it is difficult to beat the fun I have as a smuggler and a female trooper.

I am not a big fan of the Imp side either, but I find it more rewarding to play an LS character on the Imp side, actually, because the way Bio structures its encounters, it seems it wants the player to make tough choices against the expected alignment. In other words, you will face really awesome LS options on the Imp side (tempting you to go against DS) and crappy DS choices (no grandeur, no intelligence or cunning, just stupid base desires), and remarkably crappy LS choices on the Pub side, where DS is actually sexy (like killing off complete and utter abominations, or generally Chaotic choices). LS Imp gets to be noble, brave, practical, honorable... That's why I like playing a good person in the Empire, taking a guise of a romanticized Royalist that you do encounter historically from time to time.

I decided to switch things around, Male Cyborg Smuggler, and female Zabrak Trooper. Just need to decide on whether or not I stick to the Gunslinger/Vanguard set up, or go Commando/Scoundrel.

Also thinking Rattataki BH and Chiss agent.

Edited by stormdrakelord

Congrats on your new characters!

Heh, Ratataki BH and Chiss He-Male IA were my first picks as well. I made them, and they hang on the account for a while, then I remade both as Cathars, after I bought the race. Didn't want the pressure to keep the sub going if I decided not to, and I am just not fond of Chiss appearances options.

I think you are going to have fun!

Congrats on your new characters!

Heh, Ratataki BH and Chiss He-Male IA were my first picks as well. I made them, and they hang on the account for a while, then I remade both as Cathars, after I bought the race. Didn't want the pressure to keep the sub going if I decided not to, and I am just not fond of Chiss appearances options.

I think you are going to have fun!

Rattataki would be male, Chiss would be female

I am actually thinking I might pay through the nose to switch the appearance on my She-IA from Cyborg to Chiss. I have never made a She-Chiss before though. Color clash might still be a problem. I might do a trial run to see if I can find something nice. The color clash is what gets me. Edited by DomiSotto

I am actually thinking I might pay through the nose to switch the appearance on my She-IA from Cyborg to Chiss. I have never made a She-Chiss before though. Color clash might still be a problem. I might do a trial run to see if I can find something nice. The color clash is what gets me.

female chiss looks nice, other than the red eyes. Female Rattataki is ugly though.

Decided to have all four. Just need to pick good ACs to fit the storylines. mainly for Trooper and Bounty Hounter.

Edited by stormdrakelord