We all just want to see the game succeed... right?

Kadin

nice list, except that no one is requesting more OPs or FPs.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/366922/poll-Which-top-feature-to-get-yourself-interested-in-the-game-again.html

The people who left don´t want gear grind content, for the sake of playing more gear grind content

I agree, but I think he meant more Ops for variety and stuff to do, not hoping for a new gear set per Op. Being limited by a 1980 era lockout timer to running these only once per week makes having only 4 ops terribly thin content.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

Personally I think the "rose colored glasses" people are doing the game a major disservice by glossing over flaws and bad decisions. Pretending there are no problems does absolutely nothing to improve what needs improving.

I hope the game succeeds and is around for a long time but if it doesn't... no biggee. I wish I was really into the game, but as it stands today, it's just a diversion to me. It's such a white bread game that I can't muster up any enthusiasm for it either way. It's too boring to like and too bland to hate.

And personally I think the "glass is empty" people are doing the game and more importantly the community a disservice by expounding the flaws and decisions as the end of this game as we know it. Clearly this is not the case. Refusing to acknowledge the efforts of the devs to improve the game and the vast number of people who enjoy the game does nothing to promote future improvements, expansion and guidance.

I am completely into this game. I have logged in almost everyday since December and the game is much more than a diversion. It is a community of people who love the genre and the associated stories. It is a community of people who demand more from devs and the game in general to ensure the game thrives.

I do not claim to be an authority. I do not post my game resume and claim myself as the arbiter on what makes a MMO successful. I do however know what I like. And I also know that many others opinions are drowned out by those who do consider themselves the MMO elite.

Hyperbole not withstanding I do value opposing views. But really, if the game is no longer appealing, there are other options.

Edited by Rafaman

nice list, except that no one is requesting more OPs or FPs.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/366922/poll-Which-top-feature-to-get-yourself-interested-in-the-game-again.html

The people who left don´t want gear grind content, for the sake of playing more gear grind content

Maybe because those who do want more Op's and FP's are still playing the game?

If I've learned anything from the people who still post on MMORPG, it's that 80% of the player base hates the stuff they requested for simply because it wasn't "Implemented correctly"...

I agree, but I think he meant more Ops for variety and stuff to do, not hoping for a new gear set per Op. Being limited by a 1980 era lockout timer to running these only once per week makes having only 4 ops terribly thin content.

The fraction of endgame raiders is such a tiny one, I agree they should concentrate on non-combat activities instead and revamping the planets and make them worlds instead of static corridor leveling zones, as well as getting the SSSP out ASAP.

Well nothing that hasn´t been suggested by tons of players 12 months ago, right?

What happened? Nothing.

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

I would hope so. You would have to be clinically sick to want a game to fail and pay to watch it.

Describing yourself?

99% of your posts are about spreading negativity.

You're the opposite extreme of Andryah.

Edited by Piam

The fraction of endgame raiders is such a tiny one, I agree they should concentrate on non-combat activities instead and revamping the planets and make them worlds instead of static corridor leveling zones, as well as getting the SSSP out ASAP.

Well nothing that hasn´t been suggested by tons of players 12 months ago, right?

What happened? Nothing.

Well put.

Revamping the planets and the whole levelling process would "save" this game IMO.

It seems like a no-brainer to me. Everyone who plays the game must go through the levelling process. If you are a PvE or PvP player, a raider, a story junkie, or even a roleplayer you have no other choice but to play the levelling game. Since it is the ONLY part of the game everyone must play, it should get the lion's share of attention as it is really the game's weakest area.

Nothing will retain and entertain more players than a compelling levelling game.

Well put.

Revamping the planets and the whole levelling process would "save" this game IMO.

It seems like a no-brainer to me. Everyone who plays the game must go through the levelling process. If you are a PvE or PvP player, a raider, a story junkie, or even a roleplayer you have no other choice but to play the levelling game. Since it is the ONLY part of the game everyone must play, it should get the lion's share of attention as it is really the game's weakest area.

Nothing will retain and entertain more players than a compelling levelling game.

Which to me is weird considering the leveling game is what Bioware considers their best stuff! o.0 :rak_02:

Maybe because those who do want more Op's and FP's are still playing the game?

And you know, this actually is related to this thread.

Game goes in certain direction. Like in this case, expanding Ops. Some people realize this and other stuff game tries to do is not what they are looking for, and they leave. Even better, most of them do this peacefully, without "omg this sucks I quit"

Then, there are others.They hate evey aspect of the game, and consider it their holy mission to change game to their liking. In that logic, anything else will make game fail, so yes, they too want game to succed.

Obviously, there are also people that don't like only one thing about one part, something that can realistically be changed, and they like everyone want game to succeed.

But don't worry, it's easy to tell them apart. You see people that play game they like or don't play if they don't like it, are smart. So if they do play game they don't like, they have to be not-smart. Now it's all about finding signs. There are some hints:

Is it smart to adress your post at developers and insult them in begining of it, middle and at the end?

Who knows more about running MMO, person doing it for living for N years for or person that only plays MMO? And why BW does/doesn't emply that person?

Is it smart to assume that if I don't enjoy this particular piece of content nobody else will?

Now, I'm not saying everyone that has issues with game should leave it or keep silient, but they should at least think before writing. Because they are like 8y old that will strangle his bunny and break his bones, because "I luv him soo much but he keeps running".

Of course I want the game to succeed, my definiton of success might be different, I don't think it's necessary to reach 5 millions subscriber to be "successful"

If they stick to their word of updating the game every 6-7 weeks with real content, if they keep a healthy population and if they release some expansions for the game, i would say the game is a success.

Maybe not from EA perspective, I'm sure they were expecting a bigger cash cow. But in my eyes, the game only needs to be fun to be successful.

Edited by ChazDoit

Sometimes it's hard to tell what the overall opinion is of the game. Here on the official boards, I think it's pretty clear: people aren't too terribly happy... ever.

I really hope that the underlying cause of this unhappiness is just because people want to see the game be around for a long time and succeed in the end. I'm not delusional in this thinking, am I? Everyone that's here right now and is able to post has paid for the game and has an active sub (trials aside). Please don't tell me people pay money just to see a game fail and go away forever.

#longliveTOR

I want to of course but realize that there is a contingent of Buttsore SWG nutters that will bash the game no matter what because they think they are getting some sort of revenge.

I want to of course but realize that there is a contingent of Buttsore SWG nutters that will bash the game no matter what because they think they are getting some sort of revenge.

Don't worry, people who liked SWG will continue to get absolutely nothing of interest from Bioware.

By now I'm convinced BW shares the same hate for every possible SWG feature like you do.

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

I like to think that we do all want the game to succeed, but reading some of the comments in this forum and beyond, I cant help feeling that there are a lot of members of the community who simply want to see the game crash and burn. With these people, any comment made in support of BW/EA is instantly ether wearing rose-tinted glasses or an employe. We all have our own opinions on this game, and I know there are many people who genuinely want to help the game by point out its flaws, its just their message can get warped up in the vile of others.

Its a shame that the community can be so split, but at least its not something unique to this game. I don't think I have found a MMO community in which the players are all supportive and full of optimism...

imo, the gamepplay is fine but there´s a ton of minor anoyances. They add up. It´s not enough for me to quit just yet, but for alot of people it must have been. GTM search funktions are just bad. Crafting is semibad. Minigames are fairly unexisting, emotes are silent, the worlds could use more bufferzones and "fluff"

So for me it´s not so much the gameplay, that´s fine imo.. It´s not even the FP and OP´s. I can enjoy thoose when playing with friends. It´s all the secondary stuff. It´s the small things you might not notice when you start playing, but later on you think, why do i keep standing when i type /sleep.. why do theese 3 guards look like clones.

I still like this game alot.. But i also feel there haven´t been enough attention to the small things. 1.5 brings out voiced emotes i think (correct me if i´m wrong) I allways fellt emotes were rushed. they feel unfinished. like the GTN funktions. it doesn´t feel finished. Does that make me a hater ? I dont think so, but maybe it does..

It would help if Dev were a bit more active on forums. just a post in a few of the threads with legitimate concerns. So if i made a post on the GTN e.x.. and how it should have better search options, you should be able to filter out recipe´s you allready know f.x. maybe i would get a reply from BW saying they are infact working on a better GTN search, but there´s no eta just yet. Or they could say we know it´s bad, but it´s not getting better for at least the next few patches.

Ofc. they cant post in every single thread. but i´m sure if they allready had postet in one of the other threads about GTN some nice forum-user would point me in that direction. There´s actually a few realy nice users here. (a few)

Obviously the vast majority of us do.

What we tend to bicker about most is how to turn the game around from losing ~2 million subs, into gaining subs. We tend to be a passionate bunch and believe we're right most of the time. Don't misread passion as dislike. Some people prefer to coddle Bioware and praise them for showing up to work, others, myself included, tend to be more insistent on what I feel needs to be a priority.

But overall...you're safe to assume we all want the game to be around for a long time.

I kinda feel the same way, i want to see the game make it and be my home for a long time, I looking forward to seeing whats happens with the free to play, and once allot of the dev team can return to their old duties, what content and updates we might see in the near future.

Most people do want to see it succeed , after all it is Star Wars ,because if it wasn't ..How many of you would still be around?

I personally feel that they went in the wrong direction for this game, should've been a console game with co-op online play from the get go. Instead they tried to make a single player online game and call it an mmo, and it failed on them.

Well, if people really are here just to watch the game crash and burn for their own amusement...I do believe there is a special place in Gamer Hell for people like them.

Trapped in a never ending PvP scenario with noob gear and constantly being taunted by mean spirited players, without the ability to ignore or respond.

I want this game to succeed and I do think it is better than most other games I play (I'm not into monthly fees and would rather play games for free, but I like what I currently get in this game too much to give it up). Right now, I believe that those of us who are still here right now are wanting this game to succeed. I've been around since the beginning and it has come a long way to provide what other MMOs on the market have that, frankly, should've been there at launch. Particularly a Group Finder. There is still some work that needs to be done but, in my opinion, Star Wars the Old Republic currently offers the best experience of any MMO (including WoW, never could get into that game). I just hope that free to play doesn't bite them in the butt. I hope it gains the DCUO's success with the F2P model instead of it falling into obscurity. The only thing that I really feel needs fixing with SWTOR (and most people would agree) is the Space Combat. Besides that, I am a happy camper and plan to stay on until the servers shut down.

I would love to see the game succeed. Unfortunately, I am getting too many dumb technical issues (lag, dropping from pvp, CtD) which, if not fixed, will force me to unsub. honestly, what is the point of playing if i get through a night without a CtD. Hell, i cant even close this game without ctrl+alt+delete lol

I do want the game to do well even if I don't hang around much.

Although my wife is setting up a free account whenever the servers come back up so if she sticks around here I may just do so myself.

Nothing against the game why I only play for a few weeks here and there my main love is modding. I spend most of my time making mods for other games and come here and the MMO's I played before for a break from that.

But if this game does flop then it's less likely we'll see another major MMO from a big name developer (Elder Scrolls aside).

The Warhammer 40k one i've been waiting for since the 90's has been turned into a single player so my hopes are dashed on that. This is the last bastion of hope.

Well put.

this,,the first impressions are very important,,this is basically where most players get hooked,,or not

hardcores and PVPers wil race through it anyway, so designing it for them would be a BIG mistake

and this is the way, that BW chose