Regarding unhelpfulness

It seems so few want to help do heroics even when they have them. I asked around with my recently made BH on Balmorra for assistance to run a heroic 4 and out of 24 people on world only 5 spoke and only 2 offered help. the rest was pretty much smart assery and one guy saying go find a guild (im in one) and get some friends.

Is this how a mmo should be? absolutly no help whatsoever and everyone sticking to guilds and ignoring others like we have the Rakghoul plague? its a complete joke.

Also at the time only one guy was online in the imp guild and he wasnt speaking at all. Was running Illum stuff

With my trooper ive had similar no love from other players who stick to there own and ignore others.

The game offer different style of gameplay, wether you wish to level solo questing or mixing some PVP, some group content (H4 or FP) is the choice of the player ultimately. You can't blame them for enjoying the game the way they chose.

Reguarding you difficulty to find group for H4, what i would advise is.

- Often enough, you don't need a full 4 man group with tank and heal to succeed, did most of them with a group of 2 with companion healing.

- if you see someone searching for other player for H4, contact him, even if you don't have yet the quest, they are often shareable, and maybe later when you'll be wanting to have them done, you'd have a hard time finding people.

- Mark yourself as looking for group for H4 in the /who panel, precising which H4 you need, maybe some player actually use the /who panel LFG system.

good luck, and don't worry, it's ok to not do every single H4 of the planet, regretable though

Edited by Vankris

It seems so few want to help do heroics even when they have them. I asked around with my recently made BH on Balmorra for assistance to run a heroic 4 and out of 24 people on world only 5 spoke and only 2 offered help. the rest was pretty much smart assery and one guy saying go find a guild (im in one) and get some friends.

Is this how a mmo should be? absolutly no help whatsoever and everyone sticking to guilds and ignoring others like we have the Rakghoul plague? its a complete joke.

Also at the time only one guy was online in the imp guild and he wasnt speaking at all. Was running Illum stuff

With my trooper ive had similar no love from other players who stick to there own and ignore others.

lotta people like to treat this game (or at least the leveling 1-50 bits) as single-player. I'm one of them. you can skip all the heroics on every planet and still level to 50 just fine on your own schedule, so why bother with other people when they always seem to take half an hour after you form the group to decide they're ready to start? it's a sad truth, but pugs tend to suck. so unless you have a group of friends you like to play with, the majority of multiplayer content in this game just isn't worth doing.

If you want to do the H4's on each planet, all you have to do is:

1. Find one levelling partner

2. Do all other content on the planet first

3. Therefore you outlevel the planet by several levels

4. Finish up the planet by doing the heroics with your friend and two companions

5. Profit

Hope that helps

There is another point with regard to this some people are leary of joining groups because of past experiences have been less than nice.

I know for me personally I rather group with friends or my guild. It just past experiences have taught me to be leary of PUGS.

What fascinates me is the number of people who say they have trouble finding groups, and yet I put up LFG requests in general chat, msg people who are my level, and tagged myself as LFG and NOT GOTTEN A SINGLE RESPONSE over 2 hours.

- Arcada

lotta people like to treat this game (or at least the leveling 1-50 bits) as single-player. I'm one of them. you can skip all the heroics on every planet and still level to 50 just fine on your own schedule, so why bother with other people when they always seem to take half an hour after you form the group to decide they're ready to start? it's a sad truth, but pugs tend to suck. so unless you have a group of friends you like to play with, the majority of multiplayer content in this game just isn't worth doing.

Pretty much this. BioWare is really good at making single-player games.

With SWTOR, they've make a Massively Singleplayer Online RPG.

No "dungeon-finder" tool means you're stuck in your fleet spamming general chat for hours. No summon-to-flashpoint capabilities means you're stuck waiting for everyone else to get *to* the flashpoint. And if it's not endgame content, frankly, there's not much point to the H4's. You're either seriously outgeared and will die, or you seriously outgear the enemies and don't need to be there; that's just the nature of gear while leveling up.

There are plenty of people running the new dailies, but again with the lack of a dungeon-finder matchup tool, you have to hope that they're all *in the daily zone* at the same time you are. On low population servers like mine, it's back to Massively Singleplayer.

(I actually came to this forum in hopes of finding tips on soloing Koric for the new Black Hole "Chasing the Shadow" H4.)

If you want to do the H4's on each planet, all you have to do is:

1. Find one levelling partner

2. Do all other content on the planet first

3. Therefore you outlevel the planet by several levels

4. Finish up the planet by doing the heroics with your friend and two companions

5. Profit

Hope that helps

Problem with this is, if you outlevel it, you dont get any XP from it.

Then the point is kind of lost.

Often on our server, it doesnt take long to find some that wants to do a H4.

Depends on the time of day, and the population on the given planet.

But i think i have done about 50% of them on my main.

Problem with this is, if you outlevel it, you dont get any XP from it.

Then the point is kind of lost.

Often on our server, it doesnt take long to find some that wants to do a H4.

Depends on the time of day, and the population on the given planet.

But i think i have done about 50% of them on my main.

As long as you stay within 5 levels of their max, you still receive experience...