Opinion: Do you see yourself playing at the end of the year?

Dogfatherxx

This is a simple question for you. Do you see yourself playing this game at the end of the year or has it merely become a placeholder that you will use until something better comes along?

When the game first came out, I was really excited. I played it in all of my freetime and loved every minute of it. Now, there are some issues that are just ruining the experience for me. Some things, like WZ wins not counting and not having the option to select your WZ make this game seem second rate when compared to some existing competitors. The fact that BW has given little response on some of the more popular issues expressed by people does not help.

I know that some of these issues are going to be addressed in future patches, but do you really see yourself playing this game at the end of the year?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of what games are coming out, I will play this game depending on how BW manages it over time. So far, they seem to be doing pretty well. Many of you will roll your eyes at that statement, but keep in mind: I'm a reasonable person who isn't comparing TOR after 5 weeks to WoW after 5 years.

It'll be hard to tell for another couple months until after major issues are addressed and they can focus more fully on content development. But if they do half as good of a job as Blizzard does with online games, I think they'll have a solid game for years to come.

Yes.

Still playing my first toon, and am only at lvl 31. I don't have as much time as many, so I think I'm enjoying it more. I anticipate it will be quite some time before I hit 50, and even then it will probably take me even longer to do all of the hardmodes, operations, etc. before I've exhausted all of the content. Then I'll move more exclusively into PvP.

Plus I'm a Star Wars fan in general so I'm sure I'll eventually get to all of the class story-lines.

Regardless of what games are coming out, I will play this game depending on how BW manages it over time. So far, they seem to be doing pretty well. Many of you will roll your eyes at that statement, but keep in mind: I'm a reasonable person who isn't comparing TOR after 5 weeks to WoW after 5 years.

It'll be hard to tell for another couple months until after major issues are addressed and they can focus more fully on content development. But if they do half as good of a job as Blizzard does with online games, I think they'll have a solid game for years to come.

Spoken like a true gamer.

My hat goes off to you.

Nope.

Playing until D3, then GW2 as well when it comes out. D3 will have a way better endgame, GW2 will have way better PvP, I can get my fill of both FOR FREE by playing both those games instead of SWTOR.

I tried to love this game. 1-49 I succeeded. At 50 it just turned into boring korean grind =/

Edited by Mhak

If they don't merge the really low pop servers (I'm on one) within the next month or so, I'm out. I could re-roll, but I'd rather just quit until they merge or offer free xfers. I've never played an MMO that is so insular and quiet. At least, on my server, it's that way. I've never seen more than 50 people on fleet, and the 50 queue can take forever to pop. They def. have Warhammer syndrome with all these servers that they can't even come close to filling. Edited by Blarpped

Yes I think. If they fix PVP I will stay if the dont I'm not sure PVE endgame will keep me here for the long term. Hey thats just me. I know this is a PVE heavy game and PVP is kinda in the back seat. I just like PVP more than the PVE side of the house and right now its kinda broke. So I might be here........

Diablo III, Dota 2, Guild Wars 2.

I'll be playing at the end of the year. I'm sure it will lose some play time to GW2 and DOTA2 but I'll still be playing. D3 will not be something I play instead of SWTOR. D3 would have to change massively from what it is in beta right now for me to buy it, and if that happens it won't be coming out this year anyway.

waiting until gw 2 like others have mentioned. unless they add more WZs / tweak opvp i just don't find myself playing my main for much longer due to boredom of basically doing the same exact thing everyday (log in, get ilum daily, get 30 kills, do WZ daily, get 800 wz coms, log off). i'll probably level another alt in the meantime or try doing more PVE (have not since hitting 50) but with content the way it is with respect to PVP im jumping ship when gw 2 gets released.

Diablo III, Dota 2, Guild Wars 2.

Quite frankly, the gaming world is getting too big for MMOs. There are just too many good games that will grab our attention. MMOs are a dying breed. Well, except for free browser ones that people without money can play.

I think there's tons of room for good mmos in the market, I just think that devs need to do their homework and avoid design mistakes that have already been made by past games. Unfortunately, from what I have seen so far BW doesn't seem to be very good at this. There is certainly going to be more and more competition and only the best products are going to survive and prosper.

As a previous poster said, they aren't comparing this directly to wow after years of polish, but most people also aren't going to compare it to old mmos at launch either. Swtor has to either compete or die, just like every other game.

Waiting for GW2 (3 sides in PvP for the win) and DIII. Just had another WZ win that did not count towards the daily. Before that I had the pleasure of being zerged in Ilum. Still playing because I am bored :(

Until GW 2 was the 1 choice for me but the game is just so much broke that maybe i cant take it for much more.

Yep i play rep pvp is by far the worse and more broken game i played and i played Warhammer on day 1.

Just looks like a alpha state game.:mad:

I actually am really enjoying the game at the moment, however, I do not love it. One 50 capped toon already with Champ set. The stat improvements on BM gear is so marginal that I don't really see the sense in grinding for that gear due to the RNG factor. However, my Shadow is my main and I will continue to just blow out the PvP weeklies and dailies along with those until the weeklies are done simply because I do still enjoy the actual PvP combat. If the BM gear happens, then it happens.

Rolled one alt already, a Scoundrel. Really surprised at how much I am enjoying leveling again. I've read where peeps boo-hoo alts because the world quests are the same. However, the alignment of my Smuggler is opposite of my JC and all of the interactions with NPCs are very different and I haven't spacebarred a cinematic yet. Not to mention the class story is infinitely more entertaining and interesting.

However, I've never been an altaholic so I don't see myself making one of every toon and gearing them up. I will certainly level up an Imp or two on a different server one day when the faction gameplay is more balanced. However, if that doesn't happen, then I may never roll an Imp.

So to answer the OP's question, given the current state of content and endgame, I would really be surprised to see myself playing SWTOR longer than six months. BW has pretty much bet on leveling and content (i.e. PvE) to sustain the game. However, I don't see that keeping me engaged or involved longer than 2-3 alts of which can be capped out and geared in a month's time.

Not for the PvP, no.

This is the worst PvP system (because it's a clone of WoW, but a bad one at that, with RNG thrown in) I've ever come across in an MMO. The performance hit my computer takes in Warzones doesn't help with that perception.

The PvP at 50 is already bad (and worse on a server like mine that can't always get a 50 warzone going because the 2 heavy PvP guilds have rolled alts and so don't queue for 50 anymore).

The PvE is ok. Not great, not terrible, but ok. I do enjoy the "world" more than WoW (and a LOT more than Rift), so perhaps.

But my server is also a low pop one, and getting lower. With out free transfers or a merge, Ilum is pointless except for armament gathering, and my guild is nearly 1/4 of the server's 50's at the moment, so there's not much out there when you need to PUG anything.