Anakin hasn't bought balance to the force yet

Macetheace

does that mean there is a comeback for Anakin in the future? like returning from the force back to a human but light side this time, like some of the very powerful SIth Lords have somehow seemed to reach back into the lviing world long after their deaths. WE know Vader does a Yoda and Obi Wan, in that rather than die in their own bodies, they somehow mangae to disappear wholly into the force.

does that mean a comeback?

because, despite everything, Anakin has still not bought balance to the force yet, yes he did destroy the Emperor, and by turning to the lightside, manages to successfully eradicate the Sith in one fell swoop.. but how does that leave the force balanced? obviously there is something i'm not understanding about this philosophy.

I'm pretty sure that George Lucas has stated that Anakin has indeed brought balance to the force by killing the emperor, but there are a couple different interpretations that I've come across as to how he fulfilled the prophecy;

1. The Neutral Force

-Anakin brought balance to the force by first wiping out most of the Jedi, who some would say served the Republic more than the force at this time, and then later killing the emperor, the last true Sith lord. Luke's order then simply filled the gap.

2. The Force as Inherently Good;

-Anakin brought balance in this way by simply eradicating the emperor and allowing Luke to bring the Jedi back into the galaxy.

No matter which people go by, Anakin did indeed bring balance to the force at least for the time. Yeah a bunch of Sith have returned, but none of them are as nearly a threat as Palpatine was. In my opinion, most of the so-called Sith after Palpatine were pretty poor in quality, including Darth Caedus (who was very powerful, but barely a real Sith).

it could be something the Sith Emeprorirs do t o amass the incredible power they exuded, somehow imbalnace the force.

look at the old republic era, the sith empreror doing the things he does to survive, i can agree taht taht would seriously unbalnace the force, and although a jedi may not know exactly how or whot he source was, , especially if he had lived in a time before the imbalnacing occured, would at least be able to feel teh scales are somehow not quite right.

The imbalnace could have lots of negative effects too on attitudes, state of hearts etc, somethign that leads to strife , chaos and d darkness, a thing that the jedi will obviously not want and seek to stop.

Palapatine hid himself so well, the Sith were extinct teh jedi thought, yet the force was out of balance, becuase they were looking for the promised one who woudl brin g balance to the force so they knew something wasn't in balance with the force - how could they not suspect a Sith Lord was still around, and not just any, a very very powerful one. Unless there must be other things taht can cause the force to be out of balance

certainly more is needed on this topic.

because balance in the force means its all good. it doesn't mean equal dark and light.

Think of it like this if your body is in perfect balance does that mean you are equally health and equally sick?

The dark side is like a plauge.

because balance in the force means its all good. it doesn't mean equal dark and light.

Think of it like this if your body is in perfect balance does that mean you are equally health and equally sick?

The dark side is like a plauge.

Very much this.

The Dark Side is a cancer in the Force, created a long (long, long) time ago by sentients who abused it.

Or at least it was, until Lucas rewrote his own canon with Clone Wars. Oops.

From some conversations in the original Kotor, and various other things I've read, The Prophesy of the Chosen One seems to have a direct connection to the Sith Prophecy of the Sith'ari. In Kotor, one of the characters believes that Revan fits the Sith'ari description, and some interpretations of the Chosen One prophesy fit him as well. I should also point out that Darth Bane also fit the Sith'ari prophesy, and temporarily balanced out the force by wiping out the Sith.

I've come to believe that the so called prophecies are just a pattern of Jedi and Sith wiping each other out over and over again, with a new "Chosen One" showing up every thousand years or so. Anakin was just the latest Chosen One in the batch.

From some conversations in the original Kotor, and various other things I've read, The Prophesy of the Chosen One seems to have a direct connection to the Sith Prophecy of the Sith'ari. In Kotor, one of the characters believes that Revan fits the Sith'ari description, and some interpretations of the Chosen One prophesy fit him as well. I should also point out that Darth Bane also fit the Sith'ari prophesy, and temporarily balanced out the force by wiping out the Sith.

I've come to believe that the so called prophecies are just a pattern of Jedi and Sith wiping each other out over and over again, with a new "Chosen One" showing up every thousand years or so. Anakin was just the latest Chosen One in the batch.

This does make sense when you look at their conflicts as a whole. When things get too out of hand, the force guides someone to kind of wipe the slate clean before they wipe out the whole galaxy in their fight.

He brought balance by both dying, and killing Darth Sidious (one of the times) and preventing Luke from siding with him.

He should never have existed. His birth was caused by Darths Plagueis and Sidious basically ripping the Force apart by sheer willpower.

He brought balance by both dying, and killing Darth Sidious (one of the times) and preventing Luke from siding with him.

He should never have existed. His birth was caused by Darths Plagueis and Sidious basically ripping the Force apart by sheer willpower.

oh, so they imbalanced the force

do explain how their actions resulted in Anakin being born?

Its sort of explained in the Plageus book. Plageus believed that Anakin may have been created by the Force as a sort of backlash against his experiments. However, this is just speculation on his part, and its never concretely explained.