Star Wars Movie/Show Poll.

What is your favorite Star Wars Movie/Show. I like Star Wars the Clone Wars the best (not the movie) because it has so much that the others movies and shows don't have. We get to focus on different characters see what it is like for different characters we get to meet a lot of the clones we get to see a lot of battles and meet new characters we get to see the most action in it and then last of all we basically see almost the entire war in there. I am not asking for you to write a paragraph of reasons I just did. Edited by jediofrick

Personally, Rebels is my favorite out of the shows I´ve seen. I enjoy the journney of the Ghost´s crew immensely, along with all the interactions they have with each others. I also love how it returns characters from TCW, expanding their characters and arcs (especially now that TCW has ended). And it has Thrawn. As Thrawn-fan it superficially makes the Rebels better for me than TCW. :p

Now, TCW is good, with superior characterization of the established characters in the Prequels, especially the Clones to whom you just attach over the course of the series. And season 7 was excellent.

Resistance is meh, Kaz wasn´t that good of a character. I found characters like Captain Doza and Agent Tierny to be far more interesting than him. Still, the show had few good moments.

Favorite movie:

ESB because of the Battle of Hoth, Luke's training on Dagobah , The "I know" scene from Han and the "I am your father" scene from Vader in Cloud City.

Favorite show:

I would have to say The Mandalorian because out of the eight episodes six of them were very good.

I do love TCW and I'd rank 'em second because it only started getting good after season three.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

Favorite movie:

ESB because of the Battle of Hoth, Luke's training on Dagobah , The "I know scene" from Han and the "I am your father" scene from Vader in Cloud City.

Same for me on this and for the reasons listed.

I was roughly 11 yrs old in 1980 and our friends got a chance to see ESB before we did and of course at that age, most kids aren't holding anything in, as in spoilers, so of course we found out before seeing the movie about Vader and Luke... Naturally, we didn't believe it, but as word got around, it was hard to dispute. The Empire Strikes Back is just a great movie, and for me, the best of them all.

Edited by Pirana

Favourite show: The Clone Wars, without a doubt. The show explores so much content and depth, Rebels does that too but on a smaller scale. Clone Wars just hits the nail right on the head when it comes to nuance, storytelling and narrative depth.

Favourite movie: Revenge of the Sith. I just love to see how Palpatine rises and his master plan finally reaches fruition. I am a big sucker for all the movies that heavily feature Palpatine and this one features him the best. It's why Rise of Skywalker is my #2 and Return of the Jedi #3. But the fall of the Jedi and Republic is just so heartbreaking to watch and is beautifully written. Episode 3 will, without a doubt, always remain my favourite in the Skywalker Saga.

Edited by Ylliarus

Favourite show: The Clone Wars, without a doubt. The show explores so much content and depth, Rebels does that too but on a smaller scale. Clone Wars just hits the nail right on the head when it comes to nuance, storytelling and narrative depth.

Favourite movie: Revenge of the Sith. I just love to see how Palpatine rises and his master plan finally reaches fruition. I am a big sucker for all the movies that heavily feature Palpatine and this one features him the best. It's why Rise of Skywalker is my #2 and Return of the Jedi #3. But the fall of the Jedi and Republic is just so heartbreaking to watch and is beautifully written. Episode 3 will, without a doubt, always remain my favourite in the Skywalker Saga.

Those are excellent points regarding Revenge of the Sith and I can certainly understand why it's your tops. The transition we finally get to witness was nothing short of awesome. I'm just glad that movie had the rating it did, because I'm not sure I could watch the slaughter of those kids... The fight scene at the end was great cinema. Another great addition to the franchise.

Films, in descending order, although some of the rankings are very close together:

* ESB

* Rogue 1(0)

* Rise of Skywalker

* TFA

* RotJ

* Star Wars. (Er, that's its proper name, all the "ANH" and "Episode IV" junk is just a subtitle.)

* Solo(1)

* RotS(2)

* TLJ

* AotC(3)

* Solo(1)

* tPM(3)

(0) I've seen suggestions of making a sequel based on the protagonists somehow surviving at the end. No, just no. Let it be. Let them have that thing of "We went into this thing knowing that it would mean our lives, and we did what it took and we *won*, even though it meant our lives." Let the sacrifice *mean* something.

(1) Solo gets two positions depending on whether you take it as a standalone story featuring new characters (higher ranking) or a telling of the backstory of existing known characters, in which cases it loses because it conflicted with my expectations of those characters.

(2) RotS lost out because there was too much of something that's a blend of complacency and blatant stupidity on the part of the Jedi, which took away from the narrative.

(3) Too much "godlike Deus Ex Machina man" about the young Anakin, and a non-zero amount of Jar-Jar Binks. I'm also inclined to agree with a press reviewer's opinion that these two films, especially tPM, contained way too much "political thriller" and not enough space opera.

The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite movie, and my favorite on-screen Star Wars, overall. (Controversial, I know :p)

The Clone Wars is my favorite show. (The Mandalorian was closing in on it for a while, but the last four episodes of TCW were fantastic and re-secured its place as my favorite.)

Edited by DarthDymond

Those are excellent points regarding Revenge of the Sith and I can certainly understand why it's your tops. The transition we finally get to witness was nothing short of awesome. I'm just glad that movie had the rating it did, because I'm not sure I could watch the slaughter of those kids... The fight scene at the end was great cinema. Another great addition to the franchise.

Even the slaughter of the younglings is part of the tragedy and horror of Anakin's transition into Darth Vader. He goes from someone who wants to save the galaxy and rescue its innocents, to the monster he becomes as Vader. Storytelling has to be bold at times to create a great narrative and I think Episode 3 did that phenomenally.

Personally, Rebels is my favorite out of the shows I´ve seen. I enjoy the journney of the Ghost´s crew immensely, along with all the interactions they have with each others. I also love how it returns characters from TCW, expanding their characters and arcs (especially now that TCW has ended). And it has Thrawn. As Thrawn-fan it superficially makes the Rebels better for me than TCW. :p

Now, TCW is good, with superior characterization of the established characters in the Prequels, especially the Clones to whom you just attach over the course of the series. And season 7 was excellent.

Resistance is meh, Kaz wasn´t that good of a character. I found characters like Captain Doza and Agent Tierny to be far more interesting than him. Still, the show had few good moments.

I honestly had a long debate between Rebels and TCW before posting this.

Favorite movie:

ESB because of the Battle of Hoth, Luke's training on Dagobah , The "I know" scene from Han and the "I am your father" scene from Vader in Cloud City.

Favorite show:

I would have to say The Mandalorian because out of the eight episodes six of them were very good.

I do love TCW and I'd rank 'em second because it only started getting good after season three.

That is my favorite in the trilogy honestly

I probably agree with you about revenge of the sith being the best movie.

The Last Jedi is easily my favorite of the movies. As controversial at that opinion seems to be these days.

As far as shows goes? I like the Clone Wars, but I can't say I really love any of the shows.

I didn't really love Most of the shows but I really enjoyed "The Mandalorian" TCW and Rebels.

Even the slaughter of the younglings is part of the tragedy and horror of Anakin's transition into Darth Vader. He goes from someone who wants to save the galaxy and rescue its innocents, to the monster he becomes as Vader. Storytelling has to be bold at times to create a great narrative and I think Episode 3 did that phenomenally.

Agree completely, as mentioned, I'm glad the slaughtering part wasn't shown and we're left to envision what might have happened. Sometimes, that's the best way for something to be presented. A great example of that is the movie JAWS. Supposedly they were having mechanical issues with the shark, which is why the shark is seldom seen early on the movie, so we're left wondering what's really going on under the surface of the water. Overall, it typically adds to the allure. So in regards to Anakin, we're left to wonder, but there's no question as to what happens, and the overall takeaway is that he becomes a murderer. Revenge, for the most part, doesn't hold back and we get to witness his transition unfold.

Edited by Pirana