Dark Council: Who's left?

Onyxus

2 things

What was the name of each member on the Dark council who died and who is currently left?

Also at the end of the Sith warrior storyline do you become one of the dark council as well as the Emperor's Wrath? (was so long ago since I finished my storyline, they should add an option to allow you to replay it!)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the Wrath, no Dark Council.

I believe Rictus, Ravage, Mortis, Marr, and Nox are the ones who survived. Can't remember the others

Isn't Thanaton still alive during the Sith Warrior's storyline end? And the Sith Inquisitor (Nox/Imperius/Occulus...depending on your alignment) becomes a Dark Council member afterwards?

Isn't Thanaton still alive during the Sith Warrior's storyline end? And the Sith Inquisitor (Nox/Imperius/Occulus...depending on your alignment) becomes a Dark Council member afterwards?

Depends on if you killed him or not. He is very dead in my Assassin's story! :D In any event, you take his place on the Council.

Edited by Master-Nala

Depends on if you killed him or not. He is very dead in my Assassin's story! :D In any event, you take his place on the Council.

He's dead in mine as well. But that doesn't mean anything if the inquisitor storyline ends after the warriors storyline. :p And I believe that's how it is (I could be wrong), warrior kills Baras first. Then the inquisitor kills Thanaton and becomes a member of the Coucil.

Darth Marr

Darth Vowrawn

Darth Mortis

Darth Ravage

Darth Nox

Darth Aruk

Darth Rictus

Darth Baras Dead, not sure about successor

Darth Decimus Dead, probably succeeded by Darth Charnus

Darth Hadra Dead, successor Darth Karrid also died in the novel

Darth Acharon Dead, not sure about successor

Darth Jadus/Zhorrid Not sure which path is canon

Darth Baras Dead, not sure about successor

After his death, Baras was immediately succeeded as Head of the Sphere of Military Offense by Darth Arho. Arho is then killed by Republic players during the Ilum questline.

As far as we know, by the end of "Annihilation", four of the twelve seats on the Dark Council are empty, with no one presiding over the Sphere of Military Offense, Military Strategy, Technology and Biotic Science. Due to the ambiguity of the Agent storyline, it is not clear who currently is the head of Imperial Intelligence, Jadus or Zhorrid.

Edited by BenKatarn

After his death, Baras was immediately succeeded as Head of the Sphere of Military Offense by Darth Arho. Arho is then killed by Republic players during the Ilum questline.

As far as we know, by the end of "Annihilation", four of the twelve seats on the Dark Council are empty, with no one presiding over the Sphere of Military Offense, Military Strategy, Technology and Biotic Science. Due to the ambiguity of the Agent storyline, it is not clear who currently is the head of Imperial Intelligence, Jadus or Zhorrid.

I think Darth Tormen will mostly succeed Military Offense, Darth Charnus will take Military Strategy. Darth Viktus could take a seat as well.

The thing with Tormen is that he is a character whose fate depends on player choices. I think people at Bioware would refrain from confirming that he indeed ascends to the Dark Council, because that would mean that the Dark Side ending of the Bounty Hunter becomes canon. Since this game is player choice-dominated, they would likely piss off a lot of people if they would already declare certain outcomes as canon. They obviously had to with KOTOR but I doubt we'll have anything that concret with SWTOR for a while.

Charnus would make sense I guess, but what's with Viktus? I don't recall him being that important (or successful) at all to be even considered for the Dark Council. He was also more involved with Diplomacy, which would make him a candidate for the Sphere of Expansion and Diplomacy, if anything, but that Sphere is currently being headed by Ravage.

Edited by BenKatarn

I think Darth Tormen will mostly succeed Military Offense, Darth Charnus will take Military Strategy. Darth Viktus could take a seat as well.

The problem with Tormen is

The Bounty Hunter's ending is about whether they side with him or kill him, and I doubt Bioware is about to make Class Story choice A canon and make B non-Canon.

The others sound like good choices imo.

Edited by Emperor-Norton

The thing with Tormen is that he is a character whose fate depends on player choices. I think people at Bioware would refrain from confirming that he indeed ascends to the Dark Council, because that would mean that the Dark Side ending of the Bounty Hunter becomes canon. Since this game is player choice-dominated, they would likely piss off a lot of people if they would already declare certain outcomes as canon. They obviously had to with KOTOR but I doubt we'll have anything that concret with SWTOR for a while.

Charnus would make sense I guess, but what's with Viktus? I don't recall him being that important (or successful) at all to be even considered for the Dark Council. He was also more involved with Diplomacy, which would make him a candidate for the Sphere of Expansion and Diplomacy, if anything, but that Sphere is currently being headed by Ravage.

Well kill him will also piss off people, just like whether Jadus/Zhorrid as canon will both make some people unhappy. He's perfect for Military Offense.

Viktus didn't make much appearance in the game, but since he was in charge of one of the most important planets of the Core World, Alderaan's business, it's safe to say he's a quite important Sith.

Edited by Slowpokeking

The problem with Tormen is

The Bounty Hunter's ending is about whether they side with him or kill him, and I doubt Bioware is about to make Class Story choice A canon and make B non-Canon.

The others sound like good choices imo.

This is Star Wars, everything ends up having a canon outcome sooner or later. I mean, heck, for KOTOR, there's basically a canon dialog response for each conversation you participate in FCOL.

This is Star Wars, everything ends up having a canon outcome sooner or later.

Yes, but not while this game is still up and running and might alienate players because they find their personal story to be invalid, just because of Word of God says so.

At some point, I'm pretty sure there will be canonical interpretations of the characters, but certainly not now.

• 2 weeks later...
Darth Gravus was considered for a seat on the dark council by Darth Mortis after Imperial victory over Taris to replace Darth Hadra. At the same time, Darth Marr elected Darth Karrid, a former pupil to Gnost-Dural and Malgus. But most of the council favor Gravus due to Karrid being an alien. Long story short, due to sith infighting Gravus lost, Karrid won, but at the end was killed by Theron Shan. -From the novel 'Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihilation

Yes, but not while this game is still up and running and might alienate players because they find their personal story to be invalid, just because of Word of God says so.

At some point, I'm pretty sure there will be canonical interpretations of the characters, but certainly not now.

They'll be alienated regardless of when it happens.

Well kill him will also piss off people, just like whether Jadus/Zhorrid as canon will both make some people unhappy. He's perfect for Military Offense.

Doesn't Jadus survive no matter what, though? He goes on the run, potentially, but there's nothing stopping him from still being part of the story, per se. Granted, the same can't be said for Zhorrid, but I don't see how she'd be especially hard to write out. I got the impression that whether she survives or not, she's not on the Council anymore.

Darth Gravus was considered for a seat on the dark council by Darth Mortis after Imperial victory over Taris to replace Darth Hadra. At the same time, Darth Marr elected Darth Karrid, a former pupil to Gnost-Dural and Malgus. But most of the council favor Gravus due to Karrid being an alien. Long story short, due to sith infighting Gravus lost, Karrid won, but at the end was killed by Theron Shan. -From the novel 'Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihilation

In that novel Gravus was reduced to a moron.

Yeah, lol. I was shocked by his difference in the game and in the book. I thought he was the type of sith that uses their head more than emotion.

And he was, but I bet the writter didn't play this game or even watch Gravus dialogues, shame on you Drew.

• 2 weeks later...
I dont think that the dark council MUST be filled at all times. Look at the Jedi council, we see almost half the council missing for one reason or another. There is 1) Master Satele 2) Syo Bakarn/Consular 3) Master Kiwiiks 4) unnamed Kel-Dor 5) Master Kaedan 6) Orgus Din. That is all im aware of. So maybe they are unnamed in the game or are not there at all.