Community Team, Assemble!

EricMusco

As you guys are aware we are exploring a host of different options. Many of those options from the thread we created previously asking for everyone's input. (and thank you for that, that feedback has been extremely helpful to us)

Although I don't have details for you yet, I want to assure you that we are talking about the APAC servers on a daily basis. As soon as we have those details nailed down and ready to go, you will have them.

I know this is a "more of the same" kind of post but it is the truth. We are very actively working on confirming up the details and I will tell you about them the second that I can.

-eric

What about mine at the top of page 18 :rak_03:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one do enjoy the change in comunication and find the jokes hilarious id very much like to see more of that

especially team mates picking on eachother

Even if you dont see as much positive feedback as youd hope im sure most people do enjoy the change they are just, like myself, lazy to post.

One side question tho are there any plans or intentions of putting the party jawa on the cartel market?

Reason im asking is that one of the tattooine achievements for 2.0 requires you to kill jawas while "partying" with the jawa... I find it a nice touch but i for one do not have it and as of right now theres no way for me to get one.. would be sad to leave tattoine's achievements on 97%

Hey Obirayy,

As a note, Amber meant no offense by her post so please do not take it that way. One of my goals with the community team is to have us be more human and less robotic to all of you. Sometimes, that means that we are going to make posts that aren't 100% serious and are even going to try to joke around with the community. This is something I honestly thought the community would want from us, maybe I was mistaken.

Since last week when our transitions happened we have made a very distinct effort to respond to almost all of the current, major pending issues in the community. In some cases, I know those answers haven't always been exactly what people are looking for (like APAC) but at the least we could reconfirm that we know there is an issue and are trying to resolve it. I would even ask that you take a look at the dev tracker to see things we have responded to over the past week, we have covered quite a bit :)

So again, apologies if you felt her post was offensive or a "slap in the face", our intent is to be actual people to all of you. Not just robots who post in yellow.

I also implore that if you know of a major issue, something that we haven't addressed in some way, that you bring it to our attention. You can even PM me about it, we aren't trying to ignore anyone.

-eric

Like I said on the other thread, don't let fools like that hurt your feelings (generally speaking, of course). They are few and far between. Continue doing what you're doing, the rest of the community will be much happier for it. As you can see by the responses from others in the community, the candor is much appreciated. We'll eventually weed out the morons for you.

I've definitely noticed a distinct increase in yellow posts and I'm loving it. I think it helps me and probably others in the community know you're working on things because you're willing to dialogue about it. Much appreciated!

I've definitely noticed a distinct increase in yellow posts and I'm loving it. I think it helps me and probably others in the community know you're working on things because you're willing to dialogue about it. Much appreciated!

It's interesting how we believe that there are people in the background working feverishly to produce things when we're communicated with, but when communication is lacking we tend to stop believing that's happening.

Of course, the communication or lack thereof has no direct relation to what's actually happening in the background, either way. It's an illusion our own minds perpetuate upon us.

No point here; just commenting on an intriguing aspect of Human nature. ;)

Like I said on the other thread, don't let fools like that hurt your feelings (generally speaking, of course). They are few and far between. Continue doing what you're doing, the rest of the community will be much happier for it. As you can see by the responses from others in the community, the candor is much appreciated. We'll eventually weed out the morons for you.

QFT....we agree on this. We can argue about things in the game but we are nice to each others on the forums.

First of all yay on the new dev tracker! Its not new but it sure feels like it! Moar posts = good!

As an idea, why not let infuencial people like Dulfy, whoever runs Darthhater, Corellian Run guys and others be a guest modder for a week or 2? It'd be good for community morale if we see people like them speaking from both sides of the field. I know the guy from DH is already coming for a visit but making it a regular thing would be awesome

Also, guild meet-ups? Maybe a European one? Or both? And GM's can watch and ask questions again via live feeds? Would be awesome!

Also, we Euro's are feeling a bit left out I think. I cant speak for everyone so I wont but my feelings sometimes really go "Hmmm Americans pay less than us, get more **** done than us and they get all the cool stuff like cantina tours!"

Yes, I know Im jealous but damnit I wanna get drunk with you guys >_< (PS. I live in Antwerp and know a few great pubs with hundreds kinds of beers and you can bring Dr. Greg since I know he loves it)

Finally, you guys talk about roadmaps a lot and having worked for a multimillion company Ive seen roadmaps and I also know we called them "lolmaps" since half the **** took longer than it said and the other half was simply cancelled. Even though knowing this, the general outline of the roadmaps are usual correct so is there any chance you can put a roadmap up? Maybe as part of a community reachout? Put in some more details about the SSSP, Ranked WZ's, more Ops and FP's. We dont want to know everything... well ok we do lol, we just want to know something xD

PS. great job! Keep it up

You are not mistaken, but there will always be that type of person who thinks any communication not on an issue they directly care about is a waste of space. Those people are wrong, and should be told so, often and clearly.

I'm loving the increased personal interaction and the touching base on questions.

I agree 100% with this post.

As you guys are aware we are exploring a host of different options. Many of those options from the thread we created previously asking for everyone's input. (and thank you for that, that feedback has been extremely helpful to us)

Although I don't have details for you yet, I want to assure you that we are talking about the APAC servers on a daily basis. As soon as we have those details nailed down and ready to go, you will have them.

I know this is a "more of the same" kind of post but it is the truth. We are very actively working on confirming up the details and I will tell you about them the second that I can.

-eric

Thanks for the reply and not just ignoring it. I, as many ppl have, noticed the increase in dev responses and that is great to see. But specifically for the APAC concerns we would just like a more open discussion on the subject.

I think this has been the problem from the very beggining. I understand that you don't want to talk too much about things that can change because ppl will always take the info and see it as a promise broken when it does not happen. But I think not saying anything at all is far worse, as can be seen from multiple threads on this forum.

/end rant

Once again thanks for taking the time to respond.

I'm not going to quote everyone because there are too many, but I'm the 'slap in the face' guy lol.

Next week is the R.A.W championship finals on the APAC pvp server, an event created by one of the players to keep the server going because SOMEONE ELSE isn't doing a very good job of it. As soon as this is over (and ive only been staying for it) then I'm unsubbing and uninstalling. So I hope you can see how general socializing from the devs is straight up pointless for me as swtor is going to be dead to me.

We have been waiting since September and as legit as Biowares replies look, it should not take this long to still be 'discussing it'. While they bring out more cartel items which are straight up cosmetics just to make more money.

So I hope you can see how general socializing from the devs is straight up pointless for me as swtor is going to be dead to me.

The people you are referring to via this thread are the Community Relations team, not the Developers, hence the thread title.

/Best of luck.

Edit: I don't disagree with your concerns though, and wish there was something in the way to make the game more enjoyable for those who are suffering on those servers.

Edited by Pistols-GS

Hey Obirayy,

As a note, Amber meant no offense by her post so please do not take it that way. One of my goals with the community team is to have us be more human and less robotic to all of you. Sometimes, that means that we are going to make posts that aren't 100% serious and are even going to try to joke around with the community. This is something I honestly thought the community would want from us, maybe I was mistaken.

Since last week when our transitions happened we have made a very distinct effort to respond to almost all of the current, major pending issues in the community. In some cases, I know those answers haven't always been exactly what people are looking for (like APAC) but at the least we could reconfirm that we know there is an issue and are trying to resolve it. I would even ask that you take a look at the dev tracker to see things we have responded to over the past week, we have covered quite a bit :)

So again, apologies if you felt her post was offensive or a "slap in the face", our intent is to be actual people to all of you. Not just robots who post in yellow.

I also implore that if you know of a major issue, something that we haven't addressed in some way, that you bring it to our attention. You can even PM me about it, we aren't trying to ignore anyone.

-eric

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but in my case you were definately not mistaken. The level (and in my opinion, the TYPE and TONE) of communication since you took over are the best since launch. My greatest gripe about the community team for the entireity of the 2nd com. mngr.'s reign was the complete robotic copy/paste tone and attitude of nearly EVERY bit of communication. It leaves one with feeling nothing is taken seriously or anyone cares, not to mention makes it difficult to actually impart any useful info.

Anyway, IMO you're on the right track, ^5, and keep it up :)

Edited by LrdRahvin

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but in my case you were definately not mistaken. The level (and in my opinion, the TYPE and TONE) of communication since you took over are the best since launch. My greatest gripe about the community team for the entireity of the 2nd com. mngr.'s reign was the coplete robotic copy/paste tone and attitude of nearly EVERY bit of communication. It leaves one with feeling nothing is taken seriously or anyone cares, not to mention makes it difficult to actually any useful info.

Anyway, IMO you're on the right track, ^5, and keep it up :)

I think most would agree, 4 CM's in a little over a year is a bit disconcerting, to say the least.

But giving credit where credit is due, Eric thusfar has been doing the job we all come to expect. :)

Edited by Pistols-GS

Eric, can you please try to get a comment on the prospects of same gender romance options with existing companions? There's a not small chunk of us that want to know what the deal is here. Is it on the roadmap? Is it being worked on?

This is a literally game breaking issue for many of us. Because of the vagueness of the plans surrounding SGRAs, a lot of people don't want to play classes with companions they want to romance until they know whether or not they will be able to do it in a way more appealing to them.

If this isn't in the pipeline, we'd like to know so we can move on from the waiting game. If it is, that confirmation would be welcome too.

Please. You said you are trying to address all the major outstanding issues the community has. This is one. It's important to a not insignificant amount of us.

The people you are referring to via this thread are the Community Relations team, not the Developers, hence the thread title.

/Best of luck.

Edit: I don't disagree with your concerns though, and wish there was something in the way to make the game more enjoyable for those who are suffering on those servers.

Ah gay, we just got refered to this page as... 'Hey look! Bioware are actually responding here and not ignoring people' the devs need some communication skills from the community relation team

Ah gay, we just got refered to this page as... 'Hey look! Bioware are actually responding here and not ignoring people' the devs need some communication skills from the community relation team

While it would be fantastic to have a Q/A session with some members of the Development team once a week (or even once a month), I would imagine with the current downsizing of the team gives them major time contraints. But yeah, it would be kinda cool to know what they're working on, brainstorming ideas with the community, etc, etc., but alas it is what it is.

I was really really skeptical over the "we're going to do more' statement made early on in this thread. We've seen a number of those, usually at the start of a cycle that looks like this:

1. "We're going to do more!"

2. Day 1 - uber deluge of posts, lots of information, community is (mostly) happy.

3. Day 2 - about half the number of posts as on day 1, some information, community is still mostly happy.

4. Day 3+ - communiction severely drops off to dwindle down to a scant handful of posts a week, community realizes that they've been had - again.

You guys have done much better this time around. I've been very glad to see not only more "human" posts, but also clear posts that provide information, and responses to a lot of the major issues on the forums. It's perhaps too soon to say the cycle has been broken, but so far so good. Please keep up the good work.

Dude, just change servers, that is what everyone else on APAC has done. Stop QQ and just make it happen already. Listening to you bellyache every day is annoying.

Hey Cryptiic,

Thanks for that response. How about you delete your account, including your characters, credits and legacy. Then you too can start from scratch!

Tell me how you go with that and then I'll take your moronic opinion and take it as gospel.

Regards

APAC

Dude, just change servers, that is what everyone else on APAC has done. Stop QQ and just make it happen already. Listening to you bellyache every day is annoying.

Yes, everyone else has done that, everyone on APAC servers are infact already not on APAC servers any more. /s

If you don't like the complaints don't read them genius.

Personaly the "Still talking about it " is getting really old, 7 months and still talking about it, action vs words etc. I wont be resubbing unless some concrete timetable/plan is announced pre-expansion. I don't have the time or the inclination to re-roll and am getting the distinct feeling I'm being treated like a chump.

Edited by SpannersSF

Hey Obirayy,

Eric, what you and your colleagues are seeing on this thread is a clear expression of the general frustration (and yes, anger) at EA/BW over the many broken promises we've seen since launch. Looking back, here is what Joveth promised on August 8, 2012:

Hi everyone,

For those of you that don’t know, I’m Joveth Gonzalez, Community Manager for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

As most of you know, over the past few months, our team, our studio, and our game have undergone quite a few changes. Through it all, we’ve remained committed to the community and have worked with the development team to make sure that your voices were heard.

I wanted to take some time to reassure you all that my team, the community team, is still committed to you folks. As part of this commitment, we’re excited to let you know that we have been developing a brand new strategy for our team that focuses on developing new ways to bring you more information about the game and the people involved with SWTOR's development.

As we progress towards the recently announced Free-to-Play experience, you can expect more frequent updates to the game (which means more information coming to you) and more developer interactions.

The Star Wars: The Old Republic community is large and spread across many outlets, but rest assured that our team is scouring the forums, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, fan sites, and anywhere that SWTOR is being discussed to make sure that we get your thoughts, comments, questions, and general feedback. Know that we are listening you, no matter where you choose to participate in the SWTOR community.

In the upcoming weeks, you’ll be seeing elements of our new community strategy as they appear on our site. One of our primary goals with this is to ensure that new information about the game is communicated as quickly and effectively as possible.

Last but not least, I will be re-introducing the rest of community team along with this new strategy. You may have already seen them here on the forums or on the website, but you will learn more about Allison Berryman, Eric Musco, Courtney Woods, Amber Green, Lars Malcharek, and Antonio Moreno.

We're all excited about the future of this game and with the new focus on more frequent content updates and the introduction of the Free-to-Play experience, you can expect more communication opportunities overall.

If you have any questions, thoughts, or ideas, please feel free to send us an email at community@swtor.com. You can also send me a PM here on the forums or reach me on Twitter @joveth. These are three different ways for you to get in touch. We will limit important announcements to only occur on our site, forums, our Facebook page, and/or the official SWTOR Twitter account.

Thank you, sincerely, for participating and being a part of our community over the past few months. We look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=517855

Very soon after this, the communication dropped off once again, especially after the move to F2P drew closer and 1.7 broke a lot of folks' games. That's why so many of us are jaded about these new promises about supposedly better communication---we've seen them before and they never pan out. I've been here since launch, and was once one of SWTOR's biggest cheerleaders. However, ever since the server merge and 1.7, my game has been only intermittently playable, mostly due to incessant lag and server disconnects, as documented on this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=545658.

I've tried working with CS and even the now famous OwenBrooks, but I can never seem to get anyone from the company to acknowledge the problem. I'm not the only one, and that's why so many of us are in very sour moods on this thread.

Edited by jprife

Hey Obirayy,

-eric

I appreciate that you have covered a lot of grounds, but I think, knowing Obiray, he and I along with any other APAC players have been attempting to get some response in regards to APAC servers and our 'issue' for about 6 months now. Continually we've gotten 'We're looking into it' posts. Joveth even had the audacity to post asking for us to give suggestions on what we'd like to happen after about 1800 posts on that thread, many detailing ideas already. Although I attempted to try to show some support for this post he made at the time to try to help calm some nerves of my fellow APAC players, it really was a pointless post that the community saw as him/swtor trying to buy time. It would be lovely to have an update from you, if you/the team/anyone is looking into this problem as been stated by you and previously Joveth, why then can you not explain to us WHAT the problem is that is causing such a lengthy debate/lack of answer to us.

Also should note, CS never made that thread, that thread was something that was made by Chippy then taken over by you, it was driven by Chippy advertising on our servers and forums.

Perhaps if your conversations around this issue that you apparently have weren't so sheltered and put out in public so we could know what your concerns are, then perhaps we'd be a bit more understanding, perhaps we wouldn't have such a bitter community left on our servers, yes we draw together around community events held, but any other time it is a rather bitter community that is not flourishing but dying, yes I'll admit at times I am someone whom greatly adds to this bitter community in a bitter way, there are many of us who do. We're frustrated and sick of the avoidance of the situation.

On another note, Obiray, they're allowed to crack a bloody joke, go solo Ni EC.

Edited by Antiskeptic