question about shock collar and vette romance

Froogleseven

hi everyone, im planning on playing my sith warrior as dark until tatooine where i will turn to the light. because of this i want to leave the collar on vette and act like a jerk until that point. If i do this, will i not be able to start her romance? i know i can remove it later but i have no idea if the romance is impossible to achieve if i kept her a slave for that long. also i would intend to shock her.

hi everyone, im planning on playing my sith warrior as dark until tatooine where i will turn to the light. because of this i want to leave the collar on vette and act like a jerk until that point. If i do this, will i not be able to start her romance? i know i can remove it later but i have no idea if the romance is impossible to achieve if i kept her a slave for that long. also i would intend to shock her.

If you keep the collar on and respond to the conversations she'll eventually reach a point where she will refuse to talk to you at all and all conversations with her will end. I recommend you keep it on at least until you finish Act 1; she and another companion you get have a pretty funny conversation. You can always just not answer Vette's conversation quests until then. That's what I did.

In beta you could leave it on and shock her so bad you'd find her crying in the back of the ship. But they took that out so now keeping it on doesn't really change much.

In beta you could leave it on and shock her so bad you'd find her crying in the back of the ship. But they took that out so now keeping it on doesn't really change much.

It seems this game is a shadow of what it's been on beta... first

killing of Malavi Quinn,

now this.

Why do they have to get rid of all the cool stuff :(

No its because the beta testers, whined and complained how they lost their companions forever and wanted them back, when they knew it was permanent.

There are always people who like and who don't like certain features. But they are not developers, they don't make decisions. You can't blame them.

The ones who manage the game and make decisions are devs. They could put a bit more thinking on this issue, they could come up with some sort of a workaround to satisfy both sides. But nah, they prefered to just screw it and move on. Entirely their fault here.

No its because the beta testers, whined and complained how they lost their companions forever and wanted them back, when they knew it was permanent.

Perhaps a solution could have been to replace killed off companions with droid dummies. Essentially the same exact companion character but some kind of A1-B2 name and no dialogue, just like the ship droid.

The problem with the whole idea of killing a companion is that it's essentially a punishment for roleplaying a character. If it makes sense for a DS Sith to kill off a companion you do so at the loss of all the companion dialogue you won't see ever again.

Perhaps if Quinn were replaced after the events and the SW was given another loyal servant of the empire with a whole new personality and voice actor.

...of course, that would cost more money and resources and there are already so many companions in the game.

Perhaps a solution could have been to replace killed off companions with droid dummies. Essentially the same exact companion character but some kind of A1-B2 name and no dialogue, just like the ship droid.

The problem with the whole idea of killing a companion is that it's essentially a punishment for roleplaying a character. If it makes sense for a DS Sith to kill off a companion you do so at the loss of all the companion dialogue you won't see ever again.

Perhaps if Quinn were replaced after the events and the SW was given another loyal servant of the empire with a whole new personality and voice actor.

...of course, that would cost more money and resources and there are already so many companions in the game.

If they just replaced the companions, with one of these droid dummies. Then what would be the point of killing the companions anyway? There would be no consequences at all, it would just be as it is now only with people running around with droid dummies to do the roles.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The problem with the whole idea of killing a companion is that it's essentially a punishment for roleplaying a character.

I don't understand this. How being able to killing a companion (or getting rid of them for that matter) is punishment for roleplaying ? If anything, quite the opposite.

If it makes sense for a DS Sith to kill off a companion you do so at the loss of all the companion dialogue you won't see ever again.

Yeah, that makes sense. If they're dead, they can't talk.

If they just replaced the companions, with one of these droid dummies. Then what would be the point of killing the companions anyway? There would be no consequences at all, it would just be as it is now only with people running around with droid dummies to do the roles.

I was simply looking for a solution to the problem of killing off one's companions. (The reason BW took the option out of the game in the first place apparently)

I don't understand this. How being able to killing a companion (or getting rid of them for that matter) is punishment for roleplaying ? If anything, quite the opposite.

Yeah, that makes sense. If they're dead, they can't talk.

As Spock would say it... it would be illogical.

Why would anyone kill off a companion and miss out on the rest of the content in the game associated with that character?

The punishment is that once the companion is dead... that's all she wrote, now your wondering what that character would say if he/she were still alive. And now that he/she is dead most likely they will never been spoken about again.

If someone asked me how many companions do I want 4 or 5? I would say 5, regardless of my characters alignment.

*EDIT* Sorry for derailing this thread. I believe you get another opportunity to remove her collar after the first time.

Edited by Lionflash

Why would anyone kill off a companion and miss out on the rest of the content in the game associated with that character?

The majority of Bounty Hunters would gladly tell you why :) But seriously, some companions are way to annoying for some people to interact with. To the point when people don't care about any content associated with them, including their storylines, and just abandon them on a ship, using just as crew skill boys.

Don't think this is the best option. Such droids feel kinda dead, it's like having crew skill machines instead of a real crew, which makes you feel lonely.

A better option might be to add some "noname" companions, such as mercenaries, padawans, acolytes and so on.

Let's say you've decided to kill Malavi. Once the deed is done, you get an option to come to Dromuund Kaas or Fleet, and ask Moffs to provide you a replacement. Moffs assign to you a random military officer, with a random face and name.

Such replacement doesn't have its own storyline, however, it has an introduction cutscene on your ship, where he says something like "My Lord, it's an honor to serve! I swear, you'll never regret having me by your side!". SW may reply with "Your predeseccor was blah blah blah, let me show you what will happen if you ever consider going the same way... <Force Choke>".

Edited by Trollokdamus

The majority of Bounty Hunters would gladly tell you why :) But seriously, some companions are way to annoying for some people to interact with. To the point when people don't care about any content associated with them, including their storylines, and just abandon them on a ship, using just as crew skill boys.

Don't think this is the best option. Such droids feel kinda dead, it's like having crew skill machines instead of a real crew, which makes you feel lonely.

A better option might be to add some "noname" companions, such as mercenaries, padawans, acolytes and so on.

Let's say you've decided to kill Malavi. Once the deed is done, you get an option to come to Dromuund Kaas or Fleet, and ask Moffs to provide you a replacement. Moffs assign to you a random military officer, with a random face and name.

Such replacement doesn't have its own storyline, however, it has an introduction cutscene on your ship, where he says something like "My Lord, it's an honor to serve! I swear, you'll never regret having me by your side!". SW may reply with "Your predeseccor was blah blah blah, let me show you what will happen if you ever consider going the same way... <Force Choke>".

Again in doing so, there would be no consequence for your past action of killing your companion. So what would be the point? It would just be the same as it is now, only difference is your not able to get the content from companion...which if you didn't want it in the first place you wouldn't do so anyway. Best to just leave all the companions alive, if theres no repercussions in killing them off if you can just get a replacement.

an easier solution would be for the dark option do scar him requiring a breather or something, would have been better than choke throw ok now i forgive you crap.

I would kill off Skadge in a heartbeat if given the chance, and wake up with a smile on my face in the morning. :)

Carbonite Freezing of companions, i have posted it in the suggestions already! Make's sense, favor's both sides of the coin, and would be the 1st step to decorating your ship!

NOW GO FORTH AND MAKE MY THREAD LARGER WITH YOUR SUPPORT BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:jawa_angel:

No link at this time, as this is my last post for tonight, and i'm going to bed now lol:jawa_smile:

Carbonite Freezing of companions, i have posted it in the suggestions already! Make's sense, favor's both sides of the coin, and would be the 1st step to decorating your ship!

NOW GO FORTH AND MAKE MY THREAD LARGER WITH YOUR SUPPORT BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:jawa_angel:

No link at this time, as this is my last post for tonight, and i'm going to bed now lol:jawa_smile:

All except for Skadge. I do NOT want to stare at his ugly mug in Carbonite on my ship. Now, tossing him out the airlock while in hyperspace... that's an idea I could get behind. :D