Romancing Mako

DivisionZero

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got her at about 5500 and just finished act 1, which gave me about 7 conversations with her in a row (all between 8,000-10,000 exp too :D ). During one of those conversations, she said it's not a good idea to mix relationships in with work partnerships, so I've still got a ways to go to convince her. Her conversations led me to the 2nd quest she's given me.

While doing the last quest of Act 1, I walked away with a huge bonus of about +460 with her. So I'm not sure if pushing her over the 5,000 mark or simply finishing Act I (or both) is what pushed her over the edge of talking to me 7 times. From what I've read about romances in this game is that they go all the way to 50 and the end of the class storyline. Just keep boosting affection and playing your storyline and it'll happen.

I'm at about 9300 affection with her. (go go underworld trading)

You have to unlock romancing her at certain points during the game. In the mid to late 20's, I never seemed to get conversations with her despite leveling her affection way up. Then, when I completed act 1, I had eight or so conversations with her after and the flirt option started to appear. You get your first companion quest for her at around 30, and another at 40. I'm level 39 and I just got another one that's red to me. I am going to assume safely that you get the full romantic thing going later on in your story once you've gotten so far in your companion quests.

You have to unlock romancing her at certain points during the game. In the mid to late 20's, I never seemed to get conversations with her despite leveling her affection way up. Then, when I completed act 1, I had eight or so conversations with her after and the flirt option started to appear. You get your first companion quest for her at around 30, and another at 40. I'm level 39 and I just got another one that's red to me. I am going to assume safely that you get the full romantic thing going later on in your story once you've gotten so far in your companion quests.

Level 44 here, Max affection, and i'm on the same exact phase (the quest is even still red to me).

Her romance is tied to her quests and your story. You unlock new convos after each act, and it is only very late in the story (like, act 3'ish) where you can date her, and then marry her. Also, you need to complete every quest she gives you.

Sooo.. What if I have a female character? Is a companion relationship completely out of the question? Or can I see some girl on girl ;)

I believe you have to make her jealous first. If you flirt with NPC's she will start to give you a -1 and make statements like really that is what you are like. I assume at some point after the lvl 30 quest with her she will start to express feelings for you. I have only romanced Vette though but I assume it is close.

Hmmm seems I have a long wait for her, but she's about the coolest companion I've seen in the game, she likes it when I'm sarcastic, a bit light side but still mostly after cold hard cash. She's easy to please

Same. The Bounty Hunter with Mako is the first character Ive played so far where I can just play as myself and not have my companions hate my guts unless I cherry pick conversation options to please them.

I'm pretty sure the Mako romance is dictated by your progression in her quests. I have something like 6 with her (no gifts, not THAT interested in a romance) and just finished Double Trouble (level 40 quest where you kill her lookalikes). She rejected me, again, saying it would be a bad idea because we'd have nowhere to go 'when it got ugly' (sensible girl)

She did, however, mention my melty eyes (of which, amusingly enough, I only have one) so she's wearing down

From her personal storyline I think the 'stress' of her family issues are the limiting factor. The idea seems to be: help her find out who she is and she can relax

any1 marry her yet?

Since no one else will reply. Maybe?

I don't want to spoil anything. The romance with Mako is one of the best written and most endearing I've seen in any Bioware game.

We're technically married now. Technically. Again, wont spoil it. I thought it was really cute though.

I haven't actually finished the class questline. I hit 50 and was afraid of it bugging out so I avoided it (even though I'm Light Side), then I got real busy. What little time I've had in game has been mostly PvP lately.

I'm not sure if you get officially married after the class quest or get a little dialogue or whatever to go along with it.

It's hard to explain without spoiling. Cute though.