Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received an answer to my ticket that I opened three days ago, requesting info on implementation of SGRs. The answer I got is in german, but I'll try to translate to the best of my abilities.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for your request for more information regarding SGR implementation.

We are still very much engaged implementing extensive (sic!) SGR content into Star Wars: The Old Republic.

As Daniel Erickson said during the guild summit, our writers are already working on content for SGR, yet at this point we can't give you any definitive info on when they will be implemented. We would still like to let you know that this content will be implemented with a future update together with story content.

If you would like to engage in more discussion on this topic, you may join this thread in our forums [... he refers me to this thread here...]

Thanks for your interest in Bioware and this game, we appreciate all our fans and are proud to have such a tolerant and diverse community.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

*name of customer service rep*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts? I know it's not much, but so much better than nothing. And by referring to this thread here, it kind of gives me confidence that they do read here and know what we're up to, even if they're not posting much.

And the fact that it took them three days to answer my ticket makes me hopeful the CS rep didn't just copy and paste some old info but really researched for his answer and (hopefully) made sure the info he gave was correct.

Edited by Lent_San

As Daniel Erickson said during the guild summit, our writers are already working on content for SGR, yet at this point we can't give you any definitive info on when they will be implemented. We would still like to let you know that this content will be implemented with a future update together with story content.

Thanks for your interest in Bioware and this game, we appreciate all our fans and are proud to have such a tolerant and diverse community.

Regards,

What I'm getting from this is that what was said about SGRs during the Guild Summit is one of the things that is still true. I also like the "If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us again." I know we won't get our questions answered, but I think we should make use of that invitation.

What I'm getting from this is that what was said about SGRs during the Guild Summit is one of the things that is still true.

I certainly have the same impression. :)

I also like the "If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us again." I know we won't get our questions answered, but I think we should make use of that invitation.
:D !

I just received an answer to my ticket that I opened three days ago, requesting info on implementation of SGRs. The answer I got is in german, but I'll try to translate to the best of my abilities.

Thank you very much for your request for more information regarding SGR implementation.

We are still very much engaged implementing extensive (sic!) SGR content into Star Wars: The Old Republic.

If you would like to engage in more discussion on this topic, you may join this thread in our forums [... he refers me to this thread here...]

Regards,

Thoughts? I know it's not much, but so much better than nothing. And by referring to this thread here, it kind of gives me confidence that they do read here and know what we're up to, even if they're not posting much.

And the fact that it took them three days to answer my ticket makes me hopeful the CS rep didn't just copy and paste some old info but really researched for his answer and (hopefully) made sure the info he gave was correct.

While this statement is a good sign, it does not suffice a dev actually making an official statement on the public record, preferably HallHood or other senior developer. The cat is very much out of the bag now. Keep the pressure up.

~JC

Regards,

Seems like a definate yes to me, so we got an answer, the question now is whether or not to keep the pressure on BioWare.

Edit: @Slaign, if you don't appreciate the trivialisation of your concerns and the discrimination pitted against you and others like you in everyday life, you need to grow a thicker skin! People with privilege can do whatever the damn well please, they have privilege.

I do appreciate it. :)

Like I said, it would be hilarious. It might suck on a personal level, but I'd have to respect the comedy, and frankly, I'd have to respect the balls.

Offensive is offensive, but funny is funny, and they tend to go together like peanut butter and chocolate.

Seems like a definate yes to me, so we got an answer, the question now is whether or not to keep the pressure on BioWare.

IMO soft pressure can never be harmful. :p

We just need to make sure we're not drifting off into a hateful, deterrent corner, but that's just my personal opinion. :)

Edited by Lent_San

While this statement is a good sign, it does not suffice a dev actually making an official statement on the public record, preferably HallHood or other senior developer. The cat is very much out of the bag now. Keep the pressure up.

~JC

Yes, I agree. This is, of course, the best and only news concerning the subject we have heard for months; perhaps there is a light at the end of tunnel after all. While I am not a member of the LGBT community, I strongly support them concerning this issue.

I have several toons just waiting for the implementation of SGR. I am greatly looking forward to 'extensive SGR content'. I resubbed to collect on the cartel coins and plan to go FTP soon, but the implementation of SGR content will definitely sway me to re-subscribe.

It's a copy/paste message. Perhaps Uluain can comment on this as well. I've seen messages with almost the same wording sent to us before (the wording is a bit different due to the translation). Do note that CS is not in on what the devs are up to; the devs don't sit around a table with CS to tell them what they are or are not working on. The latest info we do have from the Q&A says that much of what was said at the Guild Summit is no longer valid. We don't know whether or not this was communicated to CS, and we don't know if CS knows what the devs know about what from the Guild Summit is or is no longer valid.

We still don't know anything. And for me this wouldn't be enough info anyway. The devs need to give us something definitive. Keep the pressure on.

Edited by fabiyun

Regards,

I hate to break it to you, but 3 days isn't quick. Most of the GM tickets I've opened since f2p launched have taken 1-2 weeks to get a response.

It's a copy/paste message. Perhaps Uluain can comment on this as well. I've seen messages with almost the same wording sent to us before (the wording is a bit different due to the translation). Do note that CS is not in on what the devs are up to; the devs don't sit around a table with CS to tell them what they are or are not working on. The latest info we do have from the Q&A says that much of what was said at the Guild Summit is no longer valid. We don't know whether or not this was communicated to CS, and we don't know if CS knows what the devs know about what from the Guild Summit is or is no longer valid.

We still don't know anything. And for me this wouldn't be enough info anyway. The devs need to give us something definitive. Keep the pressure on.

I do work in Customer Service. In fact I am training CS reps for an american company over here in Germany. While I do not know if this is necessarily true here, my experience is that reps are not trained to copy and paste stuff but to give the best possible answers to customers, in regards to Customer Care. I do not have any reason to believe that Bioware are lazy in this regard. It's well proven that they do react to customer feedback, just not always as quick and eloquent as we may want it.

Reps are encouraged to gather and research information, ask their supervisors, managers, if they're lacking info. No-one needs to sit at a table together.

In this day and age, I am in constant contact with our different departments, researching info for our reps if one has a question and contacts me. You write mails, you call people. You try to get the best possible answer.

At this point, (I'll repeat) I have no reason to believe that Bioware CS functions differently.

I hate to break it to you, but 3 days isn't quick. Most of the GM tickets I've opened since f2p launched have taken 1-2 weeks to get a response.

Yeah, but mine usually did take 1 day for an answer, remember that I'm in Europe, we're less people playing here and have different GMs. So three days, in my experience, is rather long. :)

I do work in Customer Service. In fact I am training CS reps for an american company over here in Germany. While I do not know if this is necessarily true here, my experience is that reps are not trained to copy and paste stuff but to give the best possible answers to customers, in regards to Customer Care. I do not have any reason to believe that Bioware are lazy in this regard. It's well proven that they do react to customer feedback, just not always as quick and eloquent as we may want it.

Reps are encouraged to gather and research information, ask their supervisors, managers, if they're lacking info. No-one needs to sit at a table together.

In this day and age, I am in constant contact with our different departments, researching info for our reps if one has a question and contacts me. You write mails, you call people. You try to get the best possible answer.

At this point, (I'll repeat) I have no reason to believe that Bioware CS functions differently.

I've also worked at CS for a couple of companies, ISPs, banks, insurance companies, cable television, etc. I've never been allowed to research anything. In fact responses by email and phone were always monitored on "efficiency", you get a bonus if you deal with them in the shortest amount of time. I don't know about BW's ticket system, but the emails I got from them on my ticket have always been copy paste, and the three times I called them I also noticed they were on a time constraint, one call was taken serious enough to be put through to someone at a higher level who clearly wasn't on a time constraint.

I've also worked at CS for a couple of companies, ISPs, banks, insurance companies, cable television, etc. I've never been allowed to research anything. In fact responses by email and phone were always monitored on "efficiency", you get a bonus if you deal with them in the shortest amount of time. I don't know about BW's ticket system, but the emails I got from them on my ticket have always been copy paste, and the three times I called them I also noticed they were on a time constraint, one call was taken serious enough to be put through to someone at a higher level who clearly wasn't on a time constraint.

I worked at customer service as well. We didn't have copy paste since mine was via telephone, but we did have lists of talking points, and a certain format we were supposed to follow for every call. When I was promoted to trainer they had me write out scripts for responses to commonly asked questions.

I worked at customer service as well. We didn't have copy paste since mine was via telephone, but we did have lists of talking points, and a certain format we were supposed to follow for every call. When I was promoted to trainer they had me write out scripts for responses to commonly asked questions.

I've always had programmed scripts to work with. It's a window in the system, you select the issue by category, and from there sub menus pop up. Basically you always needed to keep to the answer that was scripted.

And for things that weren't on the script you could put someone through, but you'd be evaluated on that, if it wasn't deemed an appropriate put through you'd get that in your personnel file. While some people take customer care very serious, most people just go to work and want to keep their jobs. You're not reprimanded for helping a customer to the script, you are for taking too long or making a wrong put through. That is the reality of CS as I've known it since I started working in it in 2004. There's a reason why there are tv shows about bad CS support, it's generally not helpful at all.

I know this is off-topic so I'll try to make it short. ;) Of course efficiency is a valid concern for any company. You have cost per call, key performance indicators and all that. But quick doesn't necessarily mean you'll have to copy and paste things. Providing quick AND good answers is the goal usually, because if the info you give is insufficient, the client or customer may have to contact you again, costing you more money in the process. So giving good and well researched info can actually be very efficient. Anyways, back to topic now. :p

Hall Hood @hallhood-

@SamyMerchi For whatever it's worth, I'm entirely sympathetic to your situation. I've done what I can to help out.

~ 0400~GMT, 06/12/2012

D'aww

Edit: Herp derp, used the wrong time stamp from a different tweet. That's what I get for automatically reading the middle of the screen..

And I linked it this time :D

Edit edit: Totally unrelated funniness. I like to imagine it's all the detractors being "suddenly, gays!" then realising how sill they're being and getting over the whole thing, and going back to whining about how PvP imbalance is killing the game :p

Edited by Tatile

Made a thread in the Suggestion Box, using the invitation given when the "ETA on SGRAs?" thread was closed. Come and join me?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=567578

To quote a certain bank employee from South Park, Colorado:

"Aaaand it's gone..."

It's sad to see this is still such an issue that they cannot even give a simpel yes or no answer.

Never mind just doing the right thing and make the content already.

Been lurking here for a few days now, thanks everyone for the effort so far!

It's sad to see this is still such an issue that they cannot even give a simpel yes or no answer.

Never mind just doing the right thing and make the content already.

Been lurking here for a few days now, thanks everyone for the effort so far!

Agreed it is pretty sad. They are definitely afraid of something, just what that is I don't know. Probably fear of losing more subs when they say "uh yeah we haven't done anything yet. we'll get back to you."

Agreed it is pretty sad. They are definitely afraid of something, just what that is I don't know. Probably fear of losing more subs when they say "uh yeah we haven't done anything yet. we'll get back to you."

Entirely possible. The last statement they made was that sgr will come when the story continues, and with the game going f2p and the massive layoffs nobody can tell you when that will come. Could be months, a year...