Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

Indivu

What do you guys think the most lore friendly race would be for a Sith Inquisitor? I was thinking about unlocking the Miraluka via Legacy because of their strong connection to the Force and all, but I'm not sure it would make perfect sense since (KotOR 2 spoilers)

Darth Nihilus destroyed their home planet 300 years ago.

Other than Miraluka, I would guess a Twi'lek would be a good choice considering they are one of the most enslaved species in the galaxy. But I'm still not sure..

Mhm.. what do you guys suggest?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but it makes the most sense considering the inquisitor story.

Considering you have an ancestor from the days of marka ragnos and them more than likely Lord Callig or however you spell it was a pureblood sith.

I went pureblood just cause it seemed like the thing to do.

What do you guys think the most lore friendly race would be for a Sith Inquisitor? I was thinking about unlocking the Miraluka via Legacy because of their strong connection to the Force and all, but I'm not sure it would make perfect sense since (KotOR 2 spoilers)

Darth Nihilus destroyed their home planet 300 years ago.

Other than Miraluka, I would guess a Twi'lek would be a good choice considering they are one of the most enslaved species in the galaxy. But I'm still not sure..

Mhm.. what do you guys suggest?

A Miraluka colony was destroyed, not their homeworld, if that helps.

My sorcerer is a Miraluka, and it's actually a fun race to play :)

The only reasonable choice story-wise would be human or sith because of your ancestry. Between the two, human fits better since (really minor spoiler)

you have a slave background and I doubt sith would be slaves in Empire.

Edited by Path-x

Since when did one person make up the family tree of both of your parents?

Aren't Twi'leks only able to have Children with other Twi'leks?

Also, here is something to consider about a Pureblood Inquisitor: they were a late addition to the game. Originally (aka a few months before launch), if you wanted to be a Pureblood you had to be a Sith Warrior. It was because all Purebloods are Force-Sensitive (those that aren't get killed as infants), and they are part of the Aristocracy. So the "Slave Discovered to be Force-Sensitive Narrative" Inquisitor backstory didn't fit with Pureblood's. It was only after a large fan outcry (on the Pre-Release SWTOR.com there were polls with thousands upon thousands of votes with around 75% of people in favor or Pureblood Inquisitors). And more importantly, a good number of Bioware Devs were in favor of allowing Pureblood Inquisitors. As a result, they were added a few months before release.

Aren't Twi'leks only able to have Children with other Twi'leks?

Also, here is something to consider about a Pureblood Inquisitor: they were a late addition to the game. Originally (aka a few months before launch), if you wanted to be a Pureblood you had to be a Sith Warrior. It was because all Purebloods are Force-Sensitive (those that aren't get killed as infants), and they are part of the Aristocracy. So the "Slave Discovered to be Force-Sensitive Narrative" Inquisitor backstory didn't fit with Pureblood's. It was only after a large fan outcry (on the Pre-Release SWTOR.com there were polls with thousands upon thousands of votes with around 75% of people in favor or Pureblood Inquisitors). And more importantly, a good number of Bioware Devs were in favor of allowing Pureblood Inquisitors. As a result, they were added a few months before release.

All Purebloods aren't Force Sensitive, there is at least one on Voss and probably more out there.

To the others, Purebloods aren't more respected than Humans, just more than the other species. Actual Purebloods are slowly being bred out, so pure genetic lineage is considered more important than a hybrid one.

All Purebloods aren't Force Sensitive, there is at least one on Voss and probably more out there.

To the others, Purebloods aren't more respected than Humans, just more than the other species. Actual Purebloods are slowly being bred out, so pure genetic lineage is considered more important than a hybrid one.

Don't forget Sechel. When it comes to Sith and Force-Sensitivity, that was more of Bioware's line at the time, than the current situation in the lore. The point is that Non-Force Sensitive Pureblood's are stll rare and it still doesn't really fit the backstory as well as the other species.

Considering what he see on Korriban for the Sith Warrior (specifically the Assistant Overseer who directs you to your class trainer); there still seems to be a Higher Status for Pureblood's, or their traits of Purebloods are just highly desired. Also, isn't the reason for Sith lineage being more highly prized because it increases the chance of having Pureblood offspring?

Onto the original question, I think the most fitting Species are Human/Zabrak/Rattataki in order of "fitting".

Edited by Emperor-Norton

Don't forget Sechel. When it comes to Sith and Force-Sensitivity, that was more of Bioware's line at the time, than the current situation in the lore. The point is that Non-Force Sensitive Pureblood's are stll rare and it still doesn't really fit the backstory as well as the other races.

Considering what he see on Korriban for the Sith Warrior (specifically the Assistant Overseer who directs you to your class trainer); there still seems to be a Higher Status for Pureblood's, or their traits of Purebloods are just highly desired. Also, isn't the reason for Sith lineage being more highly prized because it increases the chance of having Pureblood offspring?

Onto the original question, I like to think that the lore version of the Inquisitor is a Human. We do see many Human Slaves in the Empire after all.

I always viewed it as the actual Purebloods are haughty a-holes who believe themselves to be genetically superior to anyone,including humans and hybrids, due to their increasing rarity; but that a "Purebloods are the apex of Sith" is not a systemic attitude in the Empire. If that were the case I doubt they would have human DC members.

As for the original question, I would exclude Purebloods as they are not a slave species;and from a personal view I would exclude Humans(despite some of them being slaves, they are one of the "elite" of the Sith) and Twi'lek due to the lack of lekku on your ancestor. The other species fit well, because they are viewed as slave species by the ruling elite. My Sin and Sorc are both Chiss, because I like the Chiss and they fall into the non-elite and outsider status that fits perfectly with the overall SI rise to power.

Edited by Temeluchus

That used to be correct, but has been retconned by TCW IIRC.

I don't think those were his kids. The clone just adopted them. That was about 1.5 years into the clone wars and even if he deserted at the very beginning it would take some time for them to be born (assuming 9 months) and those kids were at least 3 years old.

Edited by Path-x

Pureblood doesn't make sense in the Inquisitor storyline because:

a) The unknown "Force-sensitive slave" background

b) Ffon is given special treatment by Overseer Harkun because he is a Pureblood, so it wouldn't make sense if you were one too and given poor treatment

To me the Miralukas seem like the absolute perfect choice.

Why?

Because essentially all Miralukas in the Empire will be the descendents of any captured Miralukan jedi in the last war, which would relegate almost all Imperial Miralukas to the status of slaves, which if you'll remember is what you start out as. Coupled with their inate connection to the Force, it matches well.

Human or Rattataki, definitely not Tw'lek because

Your ancestor Lord Kallig doesn't have any lekku

He's wearing a helmet that hides your lekku if your SI wears it, so you really can't say that he doesn't have lekku anymore than you can say your SI doesn't have them.

No, but it makes the most sense considering the inquisitor story.

Considering you have an ancestor from the days of marka ragnos and them more than likely Lord Callig or however you spell it was a pureblood sith.

I went pureblood just cause it seemed like the thing to do.

If you have a non-human/pureblood SI, it is directly stated in a companion conversation that Kallig was an "alien".

I don't think those were his kids. The clone just adopted them. That was about 1.5 years into the clone wars and even if he deserted at the very beginning it would take some time for them to be born (assuming 9 months) and those kids were at least 3 years old.

You're right, they weren't his kids, but that didn't stop the "The Clone Wars Character Guide" from calling those children half-human half-Twi'lek.

Ah, thanks for the info. And I have yet another reason to hate TCW.

TCW has retconned quite a bit that used to be true in Star Wars. When George saw someone block a Lightsaber with a Vibrosword, he went ballistic. So you can probably guess what kind of retcon THAT turned into....

"Only a Lightsaber Can Block a Lightsaber" - The George

/facepalm